Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FanTeam 20/21 thread

• 10-09-2020 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭

I imagine there will be some interest in this with the huge increase in the prize fund

€25 to enter a team. Game is rather similar to FPL, minus bonus points and chips, and one or two other minor differences. Had to enter my team via www.bethard.com (betting site) since the official FanTeam site doesn't allow entries from Ireland... (official FanTeam support on twitter advised me to enter via bethard as an Irish player... so shouldn't be any problem with any potential payouts)

Anyway it'll be interesting to play it. Prize pool is massive this year: €1M total (minimum) on offer this year between all the prizes, with €200k for the winner, €100k 2nd, €60k 3rd, €40k 4th and so on down the line. €1k top monthly score (€500 2nd), €200 top weekly score (€100 2nd) etc.

Introduction to the game: https://fantasyfootballhub.co.uk/how-to-play-fanteam/

Anyone entered or interested in entering? That's some serious moolah up for grabs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

My team:

Lloris (Meslier)
    VVD TAA Tierney Vinagre (White)
    Mané(C) Soucek Hojberg (Bruno, Stephens)
    Werner Ings Jimenez

O.5m i.t.b. (I'm thinking Mané to KDB)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

looks like the overlay will be huge. any obvious points scoring differences to fpl.

i had a look auba is an 11m striker in this. pulisic also 1m more expensive.

unplayable wrote: »
    looks like the overlay will be huge. any obvious points scoring differences to fpl.

i had a look auba is an 11m striker in this. pulisic also 1m more expensive.
    Yeah there's some differences. There's no bonus points. Mids and fwds get an extra point for completing 90 mins. Players either gain or lose a point based on whether their team won or lost during the time they were on the pitch (so having more players from top teams pays off in this sense). Keepers who make more saves benefit too (0.5 pts per save I think it is). And for price changes the selling price is the actual price, so there's more opportunity to build team value.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Anyone know what the story is with ‘Ireland’ not being available from the drop down list of countries when registering?

I take it everyone is giving their Aunt / Uncle’s address in London for this? :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Anyone what the story is with ‘Ireland’ not being available from the drop down list of countries when registering?

I take it everyone is giving their Aunt / Uncle’s address in London for this? :-)

Play through bethard as linked above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Sorry, I scanned through the first post and only took “win money” from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Says on Twitter there's only 7000 people signed up so far
    Is the prize guaranteed?

Says on Twitter there's only 7000 people signed up so far
    Is the prize guaranteed?
    They say it is. 7,521 out of 75,000 entries so far. There's a late entry option as well where you can enter a few gameweeks in and you start off with a certain % of points based off of averages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I’m surprised given the prizes on offer that so few have joined up so far. I thought we’d be hitting at least 40k entries at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

entered my team. happy enough i managed the same 11 within the budget. just have cheaper subs. does anyone know if they have an app? cant see it in the app store. good luck to all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

unplayable wrote: »
    does anyone know if they have an app? cant see it in the app store. good luck to all.

They do, you have to allow unknown sources.
    I have it but can't access the FPL section, goes to some weird page.

Anyone know how to edit team name, my default one is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Tempted to join this...

The current payout structure almost guarantees a payback too unless someone has a nightmare season... if some places between 4500-5639 and they get €30 back.

Advertisement