Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forum Games Fantasy Premier League Jumpers for Goalposts thread

Comments

I’m gonna give it a go this year so can you send me code please necro?

I will be picking players with pretty names and nice bums.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Done, sent to Dazzler and Strawbs :)

Team entered

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro wrote: »
    Done, sent to Dazzler and Strawbs :)

Im running a 10 euro per team league in work if anyone is interested.

PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm rapidly running out of road to kick the can down for a proper team selection.

Procrastination is a b1tch, just like the mind wreck of setting team up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,336 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I need some wealthy sheikh to invest in my team :eek:

I need some wealthy sheikh to invest in my team :eek:

Let me know if they have a wealthy cousin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭munster87

Aiming to go one better this season

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

If anyone is interested in improving their FPL performance this year there’s a whole sub-forum on it, great help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Green&Red wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in improving their FPL performance this year there’s a whole sub-forum on it, great help

Serious quality posting in that forum too and almost as friendly as this forum so I'd highly recommend it if you are interested.

I don't take FPL seriously any more but when I did it was an invaluable resource

• Advertisement

Question Time!

Can I see the players you lot have picked?
    What’s the story with picking captain/vice captain. Is there extra points or something?
    What’s the rating thing on each player? The more points out of five hundred and something (can’t remember the exact number) the better?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Question Time!

You will after the league has started, so I guess Sat or Sun, maybe app dependent?

What’s the story with picking captain/vice captain. Is there extra points or something?

Your captain will scored double points each game week, if he doesn't play, your vice captain will scored double, if neither play, you're buggered.

What’s the rating thing on each player? The more points out of five hundred and something (can’t remember the exact number) the better? Not sure, the more the better I guess.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Question Time!

What’s the rating thing on each player? The more points out of five hundred and something (can’t remember the exact number) the better?

You can only see the players we have picked after a gameweek has started, so for the first week Saturday after the Fulham-Arsenal game has started.
    The player that you have selected as a Captain gets double points. If your captain doesn't play then your vice captain gets the double points. If neither your captain nor your vice captain play, no double points.
    I'm not sure I understand the last question :)

Irish Aris wrote: »
    You can only see the players we have picked after a gameweek has started, so for the first week Saturday after the Fulham-Arsenal game has started.
    The player that you have selected as a Captain gets double points. If your captain doesn't play then your vice captain gets the double points. If neither your captain nor your vice captain play, no double points.
    I'm not sure I understand the last question :)

There is a way to view other's teams in real time in the app I use, I will confirm if it still works this weekend. I hope that is not cheating :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Kolido wrote: »
    There is a way to view other's teams in real time in the app I use, I will confirm if it still works this weekend. I hope that is not cheating :D
    There's no official app is there?
    Which one do you use Kol?
    (and do you know if it works for the draft too?)

I think real time works during the gameweek - not sure if it applies for week 1, but for week 2 onward you can definitely see real time point as they happen.
    The one thing I'm not sure you can see is what changes an opponent has done to their team before the deadline is over. I can only see an opponent's team when the first game of the week starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Irish Aris wrote:
    I think real time works during the gameweek - not sure if it applies for week 1, but for week 2 onward you can definitely see real time point as they happen. The one thing I'm not sure you can see is what changes an opponent has done to their team before the deadline is over. I can only see an opponent's team when the first game of the week starts.

You can't see any changes until the game week starts

There's no official app is there?
    Which one do you use Kol?
    (and do you know if it works for the draft too?)

This one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.homemade.ffm2&hl=en_GB

I don't think the draft works unfortunately, did you guys run one this year?
    Irish Aris wrote: »
    I think real time works during the gameweek - not sure if it applies for week 1, but for week 2 onward you can definitely see real time point as they happen.
    The one thing I'm not sure you can see is what changes an opponent has done to their team before the deadline is over. I can only see an opponent's team when the first game of the week starts.

I'm pretty sure I could see how your teams were setup before the GW deadline, I will need to wait until GW 1 finishes to confirm, I could be wrong.

It’s the ICT index I’m taking about. What is that?

This one

I'm pretty sure I could see how your teams were setup before the GW deadline, I will need to wait until GW 1 finishes to confirm, I could be wrong.

You can see what other teams are from the week previous but you can not see any changes until the deadline ends.

Eg you cant see teams now. You will be able to see them from when the first game starts.

You then wont see any changes until the next deadline

• Advertisement

Currently I have 6.5 million left over.

Do you get extra funds later in the year or does the stock I have bought go up and down in value?
    If I don’t use that money now will I lose it?
    Do you get extra funds later in the season?

I’m asking questions twice :D

It’s the ICT index I’m taking about. What is that?

Do you get extra funds later in the year or does the stock I have bought go up and down in value?

Not sure about ICT Index, but this article seems to explain it:
    https://www.premierleague.com/news/65567

You don't lose any unused funds, and you don't get any additional funds later on.
    You are right through, the value of a player can go up or down based on how many users buy or sell him. So it is always good to be ahead of the pact, and try to find a hidden gem and buy him cheap, so if the value goes up means you can sell him at a higher price and make some profit. That's a simple way to explain it.

This one

Cool, cheers, I'll check it out

(I did a draft with the lads I go to the match with)

How do you have that much left over..... wowsers.

Your players value will fluctuate through out the season as will all players. The 6.5 million you have left over will be there until you use it but your teams value will go up and down depending on how they perform.

So in theory, your team could do brilliantly and be valued at 100 million in a few weeks and youd still have your 6.5 million left over to spend.

Question Time!

I'll show you my team. We're playing 5-a-side, right? :pac:

IMG-20200910-WA0003.jpg

I have only one rule when selecting my team: no Spurs players ever. I have stuck to it for the last 3-4 seasons, don't care how well they do or that I might miss points, I just can't do it - even more so now with who their manager is. . .:D

beakerjoe wrote: »
    How do you have that much left over..... wowsers.

I have faith in my squad of underdogs. Afterall, 2020 is the year of “anything can happen”

Send that spare money onto me pls.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

You sound stressed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,336 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Is Strawberry our wealthy sheikh?

Advertisement