Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pitch and putt

• 09-08-2019 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Assuming this is the right section.

I live in kimmage and starting to play pitch and putt.

I can't seem to find a good Green fee course near me..

Old county is near, but a membership (looks great to be fair)

any good suggestions for courses in south Dublin??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

mrmorgan wrote: »
    Assuming this is the right section.

I live in kimmage and starting to play pitch and putt.

I can't seem to find a good Green fee course near me..

Old county is near, but a membership (looks great to be fair)

any good suggestions for courses in south Dublin??

You can't go wrong with joining Old County but if you want to play somewhere to try it out, I'd suggest Bohernabreena, or Saggart Pitch & Putt, both well kept and enjoyable courses

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭omeara1113

Only played old County once and enjoyed it some great course's about the Country you'll get addicted and will have great sport

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Not sure if its still open, but Good Counsel P&P club is about a 10 minute drive from the KCR pub in Kimmage.

Bohernabreena P&P is about 15-20 minutes drive

Glenville P&P is about the same distance as Bohernabreena, but I think that's a private members club only.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Not sure if its still open, but Good Counsel P&P club is about a 10 minute drive from the KCR pub in Kimmage.

Bohernabreena P&P is about 15-20 minutes drive

Glenville P&P is about the same distance as Bohernabreena, but I think that's a private members club only.

Good Councel is closed,and Glenville which I was a member for over 30 yrs is a members only club but they do have an additional Par 3 course(sure it's still there) further up the road if you wanted to progress onto the long game

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Great thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭fourmations

the burrow in stepaside is good little course
    greens are tricky
    its a par three, im not sure if this is too long for you

the holes are between 80 -120 yrds
    with two long ones (175 & 210)

rgds

played Bohernabreena nice course.... also joined old county

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

Tolka Valley Park in Finglas is worth the drive

played glencullen this evening, a good course actually.. Greens a bit iffy though.

Great hills for the exercise..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anyone any decent recommedations for pitch and putt courses areound Dublin. Trying to organise a small company department outing and the fcukers wont play a full course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Glebee wrote: »
    Anyone any decent recommedations for pitch and putt courses areound Dublin. Trying to organise a small company department outing and the fcukers wont play a full course.
    Would they go to a par 3 course? There are some pretty nice ones around. Glen Mill in NewtownMountKennedy springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Would they go to a par 3 course? There are some pretty nice ones around. Glen Mill in NewtownMountKennedy springs to mind.

I might talk them into a par 3 alright

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Elm Hall near Celbridge could be a runner for you. Has an 18 hole regulation pitch & putt course, a longer than reg Pitch & Putt course, and a 9-hole golf course as far as I know?

Advertisement