Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I just realised that I can get the Redmi Note 9 Pro for just 20 bucks more than I got the Note 9S for and that's practically the same phone!

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10147&idPhone2=10217

Better main shooter, quicker fast charge and NFC

€249 at honorbuy with a €5 off coupon from Honey

https://www.honorbuy.com/1907-redmi-note-9-pro-6gb-128gb-global-version-green.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

How long is delivery from honorbuy usually? Phone I want says it's in European stock

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

How long is delivery from honorbuy usually? Phone I want says it's in European stock

3 Days

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Thanks for all the help and info guys, ordered poco f2 pro via Ali express, dispatching from Poland, and via Topcashback

I reckon it cost me about 315 +/- when cash back is taken into consideration. €€€€€

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bassy

McMurphy wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help and info guys, ordered poco f2 pro via Ali express, dispatching from Poland, and via Topcashback

I reckon it cost me about 315 +/- when cash back is taken into consideration. €€€€€

did you get free shipping from poland warehouse?

bassy wrote: »
    did you get free shipping from poland warehouse?

Yeah - at least I think so, do you want me to check?

Edit, yeah free shipping.

ye please and you order the plug adaptor seperately?.

bassy wrote: »
    ye please and you order the plug adaptor seperately?.

Yes it's free shipping, and you don't need a plug adaptor, not if it's an EU plug.

cheers,let us know when you get it and what you think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Edit, yeah free shipping.

Have you a link from where you bought it. Sounds like a good deal. Cheers

massy086 wrote: »
    Have you a link from where you bought it. Sounds like a good deal. Cheers

I followed the link from banies post here.
    banie01 wrote: »

The F2 is available from a lot of sellers on Ali for @€;320, and there's @7% cashback via TCB too.

An example
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_d6OFDji

I will add though, mine has shipped this morning, but I think shipped from China, so I assume it goes from China - Poland to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Young lad, 13 wants his first phone for Christmas.. any suggestions from ye more knowledgeable lads on here?

keano25 wrote: »
    Young lad, 13 wants his first phone for Christmas.. any suggestions from ye more knowledgeable lads on here?

Is it for watching youtube, general browsing etc? Plenty of cheap/mid range phones that would do. If its for gaming as well might need to be towards mid spec. What sort of budget?

GBX wrote: »
    Is it for watching youtube, general browsing etc? Plenty of cheap/mid range phones that would do. If its for gaming as well might need to be towards mid spec. What sort of budget?

YouTube really maybe a small bit of gaming but basic games not the like of Fortnite on mobile..

Budget €400

Budget €400

Originally Posted by banie01 View Post

The F2 is available from a lot of sellers on Ali for @€;320, and there's @7% cashback via TCB too.

An example
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_d6OFDji

I will add though, mine has shipped this morning, but I think shipped from China, so I assume it goes from China - Poland to Ireland?

Check out the F2 Pro that was linked a few posts back. Below your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,604 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Mine whilst ordered from the polish warehouse shipped from Germany.
    The tracking number was issued on 26th and went active on 27th and started tracking in Cologne.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭corks finest

Second hand mi note 10 , or mi note 10 lite,traded mine into cex yesterday as I went to Apple simply because mi note 10 isn’t great ref android auto, otherwise I’d have stayed with Xiaomi

banie01 wrote: »
    Mine whilst ordered from the polish warehouse shipped from Germany.
    The tracking number was issued on 26th and went active on 27th and started tracking in Cologne.

Yeah just checked mine there and it's in Germany alright with an estimated delivery date of the 4th of September, which, if that happens I'll be feckin amazed and impressed with in equal measures!.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I received the Oppo Reno 2 yesterday. It's still very early days, and I have to figure out how to properly use it but so far it is a lot more faster and clearer than the S8. Included in the box is a fitted screen protector (I'm almost certain) and a rear decent quality cover. Other manufacturers should take note !

I've been using this for a few days now. Little different to Samsung (been using them for the past 10 odd years). I have to say I am hugely impressed. Brilliant battery,screen, storage is phenomenal and the speed of outstanding. I know it's very early days but with the savings since I moved to gomo and bought this phone outright if it goes band after 12 months I'm still saving money..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Budget €400
    Budget is very high
    You can buy the 9s from edwaybuy from Germany for 170 euros
    Lots of new phones coming out 5g for.270 or less but.5g will take a while inireland
    https://www.edwaybuy.com/xiaomi-note-10-lite-6gb-64gb-eu-version.html

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the realme x50 pro. But I'm a bit concerned about the escalations between the US and China, what does it mean for access to Google Play etc? I've tried to look it up but it's a bit unclear. Does it mean that existing phones will have access but phones that are in development may not have access??

Edit: I guess really what I'm asking is how has this effected anyone with a Huawei phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Looking to spend around 200 for a new phone. The Redmi note 9 pro is the ideal with good camera and big battery.
    The 64gb is coming in just under that with Tecobuy.co.uk
    Anyone any experience with them?
    Seem to be based in Hong Kong, mixed reviews on Trust pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

dedaw wrote: »
    Looking to spend around 200 for a new phone. The Redmi note 9 pro is the ideal with good camera and big battery.
    The 64gb is coming in just under that with Tecobuy.co.uk
    Anyone any experience with them?
    Seem to be based in Hong Kong, mixed reviews on Trust pilot.
    Never ever trust trust pilot for a review ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Looks like a new Poco being launched Poco X3

Launches 07/09

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

abarkie wrote: »
    Looks like a new Poco being launched Poco X3

Launches 07/09
    It's on presale on Xiaomi Europe (not available here) for €199 for 64GB version or €249 for 128GB version.
    https://event.mi.com/fr/sales2020/poco-x3-nfc https://event.mi.com/es/sales2020/poco-x3-nfc

UK for £199 or £229
    https://event.mi.com/uk/sales2020/poco-x3-nfc
    Might have more luck with them using PW/AP/PC/PM

Or Germany using Mailboxde
    https://event.mi.com/de/sales2020/poco-x3-nfc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Anyone have any success ordering off Xiaomi ES or FR?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Anyone have any success ordering off Xiaomi ES or FR?
    I guess Germany or UK would be better bet, I had just edited above when I saw your post.
    France and Spain have virtual addresses but they are mad money.

UK if they deliver to those addresses is extra €4 the 128GB being the better price.

Or Germany would be probably maximum of €15 extra, but I would guess less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Suckit wrote: »
    I guess Germany or UK would be better bet, I had just edited above when I saw your post.
    France and Spain have virtual addresses but they are mad money.

UK if they deliver to those addresses is extra €4 the 128GB being the better price.

Or Germany would be probably maximum of €15 extra, but I would guess less.

Are Mail box de reliable enough? Don't know if I should hold off till honor buy are selling it. They seem to be expensive these days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone know a website that tracks price history on eglobalcentral eu? :)