Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Zoe ZE 40 charging query

Options
  • 07-09-2020 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Can someone tell me how long It takes to charge at a 22kw slow charge point with a ze 40, I know the 22kw Zoe usually took about an hour

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭UID0

It depends on what charge you start at and the battery temperature. If it's warm or you've been driving you'll get 22kW from 0 up to 70-75% and then it starts to taper down. When you get above 95% or so, you're down to about 8-10kW and when you get to 99% it drops to about 1kW.
    I checked my ecars history and in July I got 35kWh in 1:50 (started at 12%), but it was only charged to 99% at that stage. Getting from 99 to 100 can take 30-45 minutes.
    Using these figures, you can get from 0 to 100% in about 2:30 to 2:50.
    In winter, it takes longer unless you've been driving for a while before charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 colmkirk

UID0 wrote: »
    It depends on what charge you start at and the battery temperature. If it's warm or you've been driving you'll get 22kW from 0 up to 70-75% and then it starts to taper down. When you get above 95% or so, you're down to about 8-10kW and when you get to 99% it drops to about 1kW.
    I checked my ecars history and in July I got 35kWh in 1:50 (started at 12%), but it was only charged to 99% at that stage. Getting from 99 to 100 can take 30-45 minutes.
    Using these figures, you can get from 0 to 100% in about 2:30 to 2:50.
    In winter, it takes longer unless you've been driving for a while before charging.

Ah ok, so from say 1% to 80% would take about an hour? And how much would that cost roughly if I was using the public charge point for that hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭UID0

1 - 80% is about 32kWh, so would take at least 90 minutes. I think it's 23c/kWh, so about €7.36

• Registered Users Posts: 22 colmkirk

UID0 wrote: »
    1 - 80% is about 32kWh, so would take at least 90 minutes. I think it's 23c/kWh, so about €7.36

Do you know which of the 22kw Zoe’s charge about 1 hour at the slow public charge point?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Isn’t there two different versions of the Zoe 40 as well, an R and a Q?? One of them can charge at the full 22kW while the other can’t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭ei9go

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Isn’t there two different versions of the Zoe 40 as well, an R and a Q?? One of them can charge at the full 22kW while the other can’t.

No. both can charge at 22 kW. Q90 can charge at 43 kW from AC43

colmkirk wrote: »
    Do you know which of the 22kw Zoe’s charge about 1 hour at the slow public charge point?

All of them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

colmkirk wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how long It takes to charge at a 22kw slow charge point with a ze 40, I know the 22kw Zoe usually took about an hour

40/22 = 1.8 hours (108 minutes) from 0-100%.
    (Not counting transmission losses etc etc )

Gumbo wrote: »
    40/22 = 1.8 hours (108 minutes) from 0-100%.
    (Not counting transmission losses etc etc )

More usually 20% - 80% about 70 mins

4% up to about 95% will take about 2 hours in warmish weather on a ZE40 at a 22kw charger. The last 5% and especially the last 1% takes a long time.

• Advertisement

today with temperatures of about 2 to 4 degrees the Zoe ZE40 was only taking about 14KW at a 43kwh charging station. I parked at about 3% and 2 hours later it was only at about 80%. Normally it doesn't start throttling until you get in to the 90s.
    The battery management system is really poor in that I wasn't able to do a 180km round trip this week. I did the first 90km at between 110 and 130kmph but couldn't do the return trip at 84kmph in the wet with 4 degrees.

I'm hoping the BMS on my next car will be a lot smarter than on the Zoe.
    I like this car but as this car doesn't like winter it really is only suitable as a 2nd car due to lack of range and lack of fast charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Is this different to other EVs?

a heated battery will travel farther and charge quicker.

Advertisement