Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar Tubes not heating water

Options
  • 07-09-2020 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

I have a 12 year old setup of 60 tubes that worked pretty well up until this year. At the moment, it's just not heating the water at all. The temp it registers at the roof is fairly low, in that it would be 35-40 degrees only.

I don't know if the temp sensor is broken, or maybe the tubes are not heating the fluid any more.

I have had a plumber check the fluid for me, so it's all ok.

I do hear the pump come on every now and then, but it's not enough to heat the water.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,974 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Probably just the temp sensor on the roof. I'd have a look at it, and maybe replace it, should be fairly cheap and easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Is there any way to test the sensor on the roof? Before heading down that road?

And to replace it, it is necessary to replace the full cable from roof to control panel?

Advertisement