Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports FF Week1-4 Pre Overhaul advice thread

Options
  • 28-08-2020 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭

So the purpose of this thread is to discuss and plan for game weeks 1-4 specifically.

The overhaul comes into play at the end of game week 4, and can be used throughout game week 5 and closes when gw6 begins.

The general recommendation is that transfers in weeks1-4 are kept to a minimum (and therefore precious transfers are kept for the latter stages of the competition), to do this successfully you need to pick an team ahead of gw1 that allows you to maximise captaincy options for each game day (captains can be selected for every single game day unlike the FPL version)

Obviously the TV schedules isn't quite firmed up just yet but this should be confirmed in the coming days.

... Then we get down to the real business of team selection.

From the website:

You will be able to take advantage of Overhaul twice this season; once in October and the other taking place in 2021. During these periods, you will be able to make an unlimited amount of transfers but must remain within the budget of £100 million. These transfers will not come out of your 40-player transfer limit.

The first Overhaul period will begin following the completion of game week 4. It will then run throughout game week 5 and up until the first kick off of game week 6.

The dates of the second Overhaul will be published here once they are confirmed.

You will be able to make unlimited transfers during those periods until the first game day deadline. Once the first game day deadline of the week has passed the overhaul will expire and any additional transfers will come out of your remaining 40-player transfer limit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1781499?sf237280856=1

tv fixtures for September announced

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1788693

They predict October's tv fixtures will be announced on 11 September. Gw4 is October 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think Werner and Vardy look like good options from the start. Vardy to De Bruyne before City play Wolves in week 2 looks a good transfer as you will get an extra game out of De Bruyne and Vardy has city away in week 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Saturday 12 September

12:30 Fulham v Arsenal (BT Sport)
    17:30 Liverpool v Leeds Utd (Sky Sports)
    ###########################
    Sunday 13 September

14:00 West Brom v Leicester City (Sky Sports)
    16:30 Spurs v Everton (Sky Sports)
    ##########################
    Monday 14 September

20:00 Brighton v Chelsea (Sky Sports) 
    Saturday 19 September

12:30 Everton v West Brom (BT Sport)
    17:30 Man Utd v Crystal Palace  (Sky Sports)
    Sunday 20 September

12:00 Southampton v Spurs (BT Sport)
    14:00 Arsenal v West Ham (Sky Sports)
    14:00 Aston Villa v Sheff Utd*
    14:00 Newcastle Utd v Brighton*
    *Due to EFL Cup participation on Thursday 17 Sep
    16:30 Chelsea v Liverpool (Sky Sports)
    Monday 21 September

20:00 Wolves v Man City (Sky Sports) 
    Saturday 26 September

12:30 Brighton v Man Utd (BT Sport)
    17:30 West Brom v Chelsea (Sky Sports)
    Sunday 27 September

12:00 Sheff Utd v Leeds Utd (BT Sport)
    14:00 Fulham v Aston Villa (Sky Sports)
    16:30 Man City v Leicester City (Sky Sports)
    Monday 28 September

20:00 Liverpool v Arsenal (Sky Sports) 

UEFA Europa League clubs

Please note the following matches will move from their original dates because of clubs in UEFA Europa League participation. 

Should Tottenham Hotspur reach the group stage of the UEFA Europa League, their fixtures on the original dates below will also change. Confirmation of these kick-off dates and times will be issued when the broadcast selections for that month are announced.

See: Live TV 2020/21 fixture announcement dates

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think Werner and Vardy look like good options from the start. Vardy to De Bruyne before City play Wolves in week 2 looks a good transfer as you will get an extra game out of De Bruyne and Vardy has city away in week 3.
    Or Auba to KdB.

9 separate game days.

Chelsea, Liverpool and City coverage definitely needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

I had not realized you could make the Vardy to KDB move within the same set of games to catch both playing. Not something you could be doing every week obviously but works perfect as KDB in has to be done as a blocker if nothing else. Will play sky this season for 1st time so a bit to learn still!!

Hackers wrote: »
    I had not realized you could make the Vardy to KDB move within the same set of games to catch both playing. Not something you could be doing every week obviously but works perfect as KDB in has to be done as a blocker if nothing else. Will play sky this season for 1st time so a bit to learn still!!

Yea it's one of the tricks that took me a while to get used to. I even forgot to do it a couple of times after I knew about it too.

Thoughts on Son ahead of Kane? Kane much higher owned, but Son offers a 1.6m saving. They scored similarly on a per game basis last season

Any closer to our final teams?

manual_man wrote: »
    Any closer to our final teams?

My teams are self isolating before the season starts. No changes in personnel.

• Advertisement

My teams are self isolating before the season starts. No changes in personnel.
    Yeah I think I'm very close to mine being done. Am probably going to try limit transfers pre overhaul. Just the one transfer planned between my 2 teams at present.

Have a ****ing excellent team put together. Only problem is 8 of them only have 3 games in 4 gws.

Back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

My first team:
    Ryan
    VVD, Doherty, Vinagre
    Willian, Zaha, Antonio, ASM
    Vardy, Salah, Jimi
    Team 2
    McCarthy
    TAA, Vinagre, Egan
    Anderson,Saka, Harvey Barnes, Bruno
    Kane, Mane,Werner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Have pulled together my first proper attempt at two teams. Have done it based on not making (m)any transfers for first four gameweeks. Now I need to go and check if i have three decent captains for each of those gameweeks. Are there any good tool online that help with that?

I might just go with these

TEAM 1 (no transfers planned)
    Martinez
    Robertson Vinagre Doherty Egan
    Son KdB Ziyech
    Ings Auba Martial

TEAM 2 (1 transfer planned)
    Ramsdale
    VVD Tierney Vinagre
    Armstrong Antonio Pulisic Bruno
    Son Auba Werner

Will wait for injury news obviously and need to check if Martinez starts with Arsenal early k.o. team sheet, but if all is good these are probably the teams I go with

Advertisement