Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menabrea Italian beer

Options
  • 04-09-2020 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭

Can anyone direct me as to where I can buy this ?( I'm in Dublin) Rang italicatessan but haven't heard back. It's supposed to be tasty!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Don't think I've noticed it much down south but you can get it in a lot of C&C pubs up north and in Tesco. It's a fairly standard Euro lager though, you're not missing much.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

C&C owns the brewery but they don't distribute Menabrea south of the border. In fact, according to their annual report, they only distribute Menabrea in "Great Britain" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I got some off them just before Christmas. Haven't bothered since though as it didn't sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 c_murph

They have this beer in Sano Pizza.

Can’t comment on the beer, but the pizza is fantastic :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Never really liked italian beer it was watery and weak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

c_murph wrote: »
    They have this beer in Sano Pizza.

Can’t comment on the beer, but the pizza is fantastic :pac:

Still thirsty, now also hungry...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,278 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    Never really liked italian beer it was watery and weak

The Italian beers you get here are generally just your bog standard Euro lagers, so it's not surprising there's nothing particularly outstanding about them. However I was at a beer festival in Italy a couple of years ago and there were some genuinely great local beers. I found out about the festival in the one craft beer pub in the town we stayed in, and that pub also had some seriously good beers, all of them Italian.

Zaph wrote: »
    The Italian beers you get here are generally just your bog standard Euro lagers, so it's not surprising there's nothing particularly outstanding about them. However I was at a beer festival in Italy a couple of years ago and there were some genuinely great local beers. I found out about the festival in the one craft beer pub in the town we stayed in, and that pub also had some seriously good beers, all of them Italian.
    Yeah was in a tiny italian cafe in Camden market last year and had a few nice Italian beers I'd never heard of. Mentioned im partial to a moretti or 6 and it didn't go down well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

The bauld Wallace, M Esq used to run an Italian craft beer festival in the lane near his restaurant in D1

Last time I was in that restaurant there was a few good Italian beers, Loverbeer was one of the breweries and I can't remember the others

The Irish distributor got back to me - a box of 24 X 33 cl is €51.91. think I'll be trying one in sano first!

• Advertisement
Advertisement