Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar panels for shed

Options
  • 01-09-2020 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

I recently built up my shed and looking for some solar panel solution for light up a spot??

Any ideas, suggestions?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

norbias wrote: »
    Hi All,

I recently built up my shed and looking for some solar panel solution for light up a spot??

Any ideas, suggestions?

Many thanks
    Looking at installing 300w panel, charge controller and 115ah battery in small shed here too. Hoping to run lights and charge power tools etc from it.
    Can be got cheaper from AliExpress or solartricity here also good for price

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

norbias wrote: »
    Hi All,

Any ideas, suggestions?

Many thanks

Welcome to boards!

In my shed I used a 25W solar panel, connected to a solar charge controller and an old 12V lead acid battery. I had a bright 12V LED light connected to the charge controller, that is controlled by a motion sensor, so the light comes on as soon as I open the shed door

This whole setup is pretty easy and cheap and a great way and a first step to start with your new hobby of renewables :)

Advertisement