Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 LR pulling to the left

Options
  • 31-08-2020 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Any one had any experience with this?

Iv had the car February just under 5k on the clock,
    Have noticed the car has started pulling to the left after a trip up the Wicklow Mountains (one too many pot holes maybe),

I have taken the car into a local tire shop to check wheel alignment,
    Only thing of note was the front left & right were "out of spec" on toe

The issue still persists,
    Think I may need to bring it into Tesla service to have them take a look,
    Any idea how much that is going to cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Does it happen on autopilot?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

Thierry12 wrote: »
    Does it happen on autopilot?

No, On autopilot keeps in the centre as expected

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

backlashs wrote: »
    Any one had any experience with this?

Iv had the car February just under 5k on the clock,
    Have noticed the car has started pulling to the left after a trip up the Wicklow Mountains (one too many pot holes maybe),

I have taken the car into a local tire shop to check wheel alignment,
    Only thing of note was the front left & right were "out of spec" on toe

The issue still persists,
    Think I may need to bring it into Tesla service to have them take a look,
    Any idea how much that is going to cost?

Wheel balance
    Tyre pressure
    Suspension

If under warranty, just leave it in and let Tesla sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Gumbo wrote: »
    Wheel balance
    Tyre pressure
    Suspension

If under warranty, just leave it in and let Tesla sort it.

Will it be sorted under warranty? Doesn't seem like a fault from the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭zg3409

Is it pulling to left on braking, accelerating or when rolling? Cars are designed to drift slightly left in case driver falls asleep or drifts into oncoming traffic. Did tyre place test drive? Did they check for bulges or tyre damage? Is it only at high speed? What is the drift say per 100m travelled?

Is there a heavy camber on the road or is the road sloped? Do you notice it on motorway roads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,693 ✭✭✭✭listermint

cars are not designed to drift to the left. Your car should not be drifting to the left unless it has a problem.

Includes Allignment, Bad Shock or spring. Tyre worn, Unbalanced wheels. Brake cylinder stuck or causing dragging. Tyre Pressure. Electric aids not working as designed.

But no they should not go to the left for sleep....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

listermint wrote: »
    cars are not designed to drift to the left. Your car should not be drifting to the left unless it has a problem.

Includes Allignment, Bad Shock or spring. Tyre worn, Unbalanced wheels. Brake cylinder stuck or causing dragging. Tyre Pressure. Electric aids not working as designed.

But no they should not go to the left for sleep....

I always thought they drifted to the left slightly so that if something happens the driver then the car will make it's way left instead of into oncoming traffic...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

slave1 wrote: »
    I always thought they drifted to the left slightly so that if something happens the driver then the car will make it's way left instead of into oncoming traffic...

I'm not 100% sure, buit I think that's just an effect of camber. Roads without camber e.g. dual carriageways and motorways tend to have barriers.

If you added engineered left drift to camber effects you'd be struggling to keep the car on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

slave1 wrote: »

Its 100% road camber that causes drift, in most of europe they do not have camber and its a joy to drive.... Unless it rains:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

This article sees it differently
    https://www.drivingtesttips.biz/road-camber.html
    camber is critical to road drainage, at least it was when I did road design in 1974 in UCD

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
Advertisement