Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Gaming, General & Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

Skerries wrote: »
    does it work plugged in directly?

Its tempremental as hell as well when plugged in directly. Behaving its self a bit better these days though. I rather have it connected to my controller, even though I dont use it that much as I get the extra cable length from the controller. I inherited a very decent set of Sony noise cancelling headphones but with no mic. Ordered a gaming microphone cable from Amazon and its work great.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XXQ1XRT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have an old PS3 under the TV in the office that never really got much use. I see there is a copy of The Last of Us there as well. Think I might give it a go what with the sequal being released.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

What do you get when you get an old school city builder and combine it with some survival aspects?

Banished.

What do you get when you combine Banished but humans are extinct and beavers rise as the new society?

Timberborn.

Very very very very very very very very very very very early build as of right now though there is an open beta on the 18th for 4 weeks or so for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I haven't done any miniature painting since I was a child, but I quite like some channels on youtube who do some painting stuff, and my favourite is Goobertown Hobbies.

With Games Workshop releasing a anti-racism message, he decided to do a video on the subject.

If it's a bit full on for you, the rest of his videos are also very good, and also more targeted at hobbyist painting.

Anyone else have problems starting some games through Epic? Tried a few over the last few days and ive got a similar crash at start up on the all. At least 4 games ive trive give me a pop up crash message.

• Advertisement

Glebee wrote: »
    Anyone else have problems starting some games through Epic? Tried a few over the last few days and ive got a similar crash at start up on the all. At least 4 games ive trive give me a pop up crash message.

Just fired up Borderlands 3 there and launched no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Folks,

I can't imagine this being an issue but as I've never run into this before I said I'll double check.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Minecraft-PC-Mac-Code-DRM/dp/B010KYDNDG/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Minecraft+for+PC%2FMac&qid=1594716089&sr=8-2

My sister wants to get that for her son, for the PC.

It's saying however that she can't buy it due to geo-restrictions, she's living in Ireland. I assume if I get it for her it won't actually cause any issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/

Just buy it there?

Have seen .com games not work over here so wouldnt take the chance.

Had a few rounds of that Hyper Scape last night. Absolute tripe !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

Had a few rounds of that Hyper Scape last night. Absolute tripe !

Felt the same, gun play is absolutely terrible, feels like playing an arena shooter from 10 or 15 years ago and not in a good way.

Can't see it being popular when Apex Legends exists.

• Advertisement

Homelander wrote: »
    Felt the same, gun play is absolutely terrible, feels like playing an arena shooter from 10 or 15 years ago and not in a good way.

Can't see it being popular when Apex Legends exists.

Yup. Gun play was indeed horrible. I uninstalled shortly after.

Did not realise Horizon:Zero dawn is coming to PC Aug 7th 2020.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Rogue Company looks decent fun, many have tried this formula previously but hirez are a quality dev team.
    Very popular on twitch atm.

Dcully wrote: »
    Rogue Company looks decent fun, many have tried this formula previously but hirez are a quality dev team.
    Very popular on twitch atm.

Thought it was terrible. Another game that lasted a day on my SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,803 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Carrion is great craic. Fiancé gets tickled every time I, as a monster, politely open the door to the next area rather than just smash through. I just enjoy painting the walls with corpse juice and being evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,316 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

there is a demo for Iron Harvest out now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

F**k Windows Store. I had over 10 GB's of a game downloaded last night an paused the download when I went to bed. Decided to continue the download just now and it was reset. What the hell like. Joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,132 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

With boards being wonky I keep clicking into this thread expecting new posts. I don't know how many times I've read "F**k Windows Store" over the weekend. It's really turned me off the Windows Store :pac:

My yearly EA access auto renewed over the weekend, been meaning to cancel. Cant remember the last time I played something on their games list. Hate when that happend, oh well I suppose its only 25euro..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

That happened me,got in touch with EA support and got it cancelled and refunded.

• Advertisement

Ill just leave it, dont think ive ever played through the single player campaigns in BF4 for some reason or any of the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Glebee wrote: »
    Ill just leave it, dont think ive ever played through the single player campaigns in BF4 for some reason or any of the DLC.

I thought it was good. Easy too. I played it a second time on hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

For anyone using the xbox game pass ultimate, you get a code for 3 months of discord nitro.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,129 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This game exclusivity crap on PC is really starting to grate. Total War Troy and Tony Hawk coming out as epic exclusives for a year.....

And well have articles all over the place complaining about the rise in piracy and companies crying over it. An absolutely nonsense that really needs to stop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

TheDoc wrote: »
    An absolutely nonsense that really needs to stop
    As long as Epic and users keep giving them money it will never stop. I personally boycott any game that takes Epic money for exclusivity... even after its contract is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,129 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

As long as Epic and users keep giving them money it will never stop. I personally boycott any game that takes Epic money for exclusivity... even after its contract is over.

Yeah it's pretty crummy stuff. And tbh you can have a guess where I'm going to go look to find these games now.

It's a pity they seem to be following the movie/tv market which has got it all wrong, as opposed to the music industry where the penny finally dropped.

I dont agree with the exclusivity either,its anti consumer bull crap.

Thats doent mean it justifies piracy though.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah it's pretty crummy stuff. And tbh you can have a guess where I'm going to go look to find these games now.

It's a pity they seem to be following the movie/tv market which has got it all wrong, as opposed to the music industry where the penny finally dropped.

I often recommend borrowing a copy from your friend with the eyepatch and pegleg too but I've actually completely stopped with that for video games for bleedin' years now myself. If it's not worth a cent from my wallet it's probably not worth a second of my time, either. I've got plenty of masterpieces to play. It's really not hard at all to drop these companies for whatever reason they've annoyed me and let me tell you the list is huge for me at this point. Sony, Rockstar, EA, Ubisoft.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Thats doent mean it justifies piracy though.

Nobody said piracy but you ;) But sure I can understand some thinking their friend Tim already paid for their copy. They've (epic/contractees) bragged how they don't need our money when they get that fat Epic cheque anyway. If they can be so brazen about it I'm really not surprised people sail the high seas.

Like if I was broke I would pirate games and not feel bad about it. I'm certainly not rich but I dont mind spending a few bob on a game.

I'm on no high horse here,pirate away if ye want but saying epic exclusivity justifies doing it is just wrong.

• Advertisement

They flex that they don't need our money and that the game's already paid for...

But yeah I mean whatever. I literally don't pirate a single thing anymore and haven't in yonks. All the music I listen to is available free or is unlicensed and I use FOSS software. Games are the only thing I pay for and I get them cheap enough and I try support the few ones that haven't compromised on a value I care about.

Advertisement