Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N11 - M50 (J4) to Coyne's Cross (J14) [options published]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Whats the works in the Median from Kilmac to Bray south?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭prunudo

Whats the works in the Median from Kilmac to Bray south?

To make space for a segregated soundbound filter lane into the houses, buisnesses, garage and up to the roundabout at the flyover.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    I fear Ryan has a personal interest in getting this upgrade mothballed, but have to hope he is overruled by the others given the fact it is way over capacity when the economy is not in a pandemic. Additonally, Stephen Donnelly had been campaigning for this for his constituency.

To me I hope it is sidelined, Selfish on my behalf, Yes, But I will lose my house, that has just been done up last year, extensions etc..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Steve012 wrote: »
    To me I hope it is sidelined, Selfish on my behalf, Yes, But I will lose my house, that has just been done up last year, extensions etc..

I don't think there's a preferred route yet?

spacetweek wrote: »
    I don't think there's a preferred route yet?

I was talking to Arup today mate. They do, will be announced start of August.

• Advertisement

Interesting, do you think it will it be made available to effected landowners/households first before it goes public?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭hometruths

Did you get any inkling of which way they are going?

schmittel wrote: »
    Did you get any inkling of which way they are going?

Yes, I had to read between the lines, and ask trick questions, it looks like they are going the red route, using the existing N11, folks. They said, they have the first 4 years budget. i.e, the pre build budget, to facilitate Compulsory purchase orders, etc.. They haven't got the budget for the build... yet.

prunudo wrote: »
    Interesting, do you think it will it be made available to effected landowners/households first before it goes public?

They said, they will be contacting, landowners, residential, and retail or business units, that will be C.P.O before plan is released, within 8 to 10 weeks from today.

Yes, I had to read between the lines, and ask trick questions, it looks like they are going the red route, using the existing N11, folks. They said, they have the first 4 years budget. i.e, the pre build budget, to facilitate Compulsory purchase orders, etc.. They haven't got the budget for the build... yet.

Until i hear the official announcement I'll reserve judgement but I'd be interested to see how they manage to work around the environmental constraints of the SAC in the Glen of the Downs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Reuben1210

the red route is pretty much the current route isn't it?

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    the red route is pretty much the current route isn't it?

Yes, think it could take in up to 50 metres either side of the current route.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭josip

We walked a lap in the woods on the East (octagon) side last weekend.
    It's a lovely forest that at times runs alongside a spruce/pine planted forest.
    The diversity in the native woodland is really brought home when you see the lifeless forest floor in the planted part.
    50m off the width of the native woods wouldn't have sounded a lot to me 2 weeks ago, but now it does.
    It's a narrow strip and that 50m is along the long edge.
    But I'm in the lucky position of only having to drive that road once a fortnight, not every day at rush hour.
    Tough decisions lie ahead and if the decision is taken to widen the existing route I can't see it being completed within 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭SeanW

If I understand correctly, the existing road cannot really be upgraded to motorway. Why bother just doing more work on the existing route? May as well leave it if you're going to do that :(

Until i hear the official announcement I'll reserve judgement but I'd be interested to see how they manage to work around the environmental constraints of the SAC in the Glen of the Downs.

Interesting you mentioned that, Because they said, that's holding them back, "there is a big problem there" direct quote ARUP

josip wrote: »
    We walked a lap in the woods on the East (octagon) side last weekend.
    It's a lovely forest that at times runs alongside a spruce/pine planted forest.
    The diversity in the native woodland is really brought home when you see the lifeless forest floor in the planted part.
    50m off the width of the native woods wouldn't have sounded a lot to me 2 weeks ago, but now it does.
    It's a narrow strip and that 50m is along the long edge.
    But I'm in the lucky position of only having to drive that road once a fortnight, not every day at rush hour.
    Tough decisions lie ahead and if the decision is taken to widen the existing route I can't see it being completed within 30 years.

Arups cold truth is it will be done in 6 years of commence date, that at earliest would be end of summer 2021 That's what I was told from them.

Interesting you mentioned that, Because they said, that's holding them back, "there is a big problem there" direct quote ARUP

I would have thought they would have a cast iron plan to deal with it otherwise utterly pointless to select the route if there just hoping to get past the SAC!

Arups cold truth is it will be done in 6 years of commence date, that at earliest would be end of summer 2021 That's what I was told from them.

That would make a possible opening of summer 2027 - I don't believe they'll have planning permission by then!

That would make a possible opening of summer 2027 - I don't believe they'll have planning permission by then!

My Friend, have you spoke to them or Wicklow county council, Dierdre ?

What they are saying is, plans in by September latest, land, house, business, owners will be contacted first, before plan is public, that's when the C.P.O can kick in, and pre land work will only start to kick in bout 1.5 years later when its gone to tender, shame for myself, always said that on the post, and a shame for wildlife, ah well. They seem full steam ahead.

Shame for myself cause my house is gone, 1890 cottage, done up ta fck

My Friend, have you spoke to them or Wicklow county council, Dierdre ?

What they are saying is, plans in by September latest, land, house, business, owners will be contacted first, before plan is public, that's when the C.P.O can kick in, and pre land work will only start to kick in bout 1.5 years later when its gone to tender, shame for myself, always said that on the post, and a shame for wildlife, ah well. They seem full steam ahead.

Yes have spoken to both Arup and WCC. The above are the best laid plans but there will be inevitable controversies and appeals etc.

• Advertisement

Yes have spoken to both Arup and WCC. The above are the best laid plans but there will be inevitable controversies and appeals etc.

There will, and I'll lead it with my Neighbours too, we'll fight for our houses till the fat lady sings and there's 23 houses and families Feckin Try anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭josip

It's the commencement date they'll come unstuck on.
    There's not a hope in hell it will be within the lifetime of the current government with the Greens required to prop it up.

Any dealings myself or my family had with them they said similar, to the extent that we felt they were looking at anything but red.
    With the greens in government they better have a good plan to deal with environmental issues because I can't see it getting theough without a hitch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

They probably just won't touch that part. Some parts will be improved and upgraded to motorway; some parts will merely be improved; and that part may not change at all.

spacetweek wrote: »
    They probably just won't touch that part. Some parts will be improved and upgraded to motorway; some parts will merely be improved; and that part may not change at all.

Given that a lot of issues identified in the feasibility study relate directly to the Glen stretch it would seem a bit pointless to do a whole pile either work either side of it. That would just compound the issues.

They said, they will be contacting, landowners, residential, and retail or business units, that will be C.P.O before plan is released, within 8 to 10 weeks from today.

Anybody heard any more on this? We are into that 8-10 week window now.

Anybody heard any more on this? We are into that 8-10 week window now.

Nothing as yet, if that time frame was accurate I'd imagine we'll hear soon though.

Nothing as yet, if that time frame was accurate I'd imagine we'll hear soon though.

Was talking to Wicklow CC today, No where near close they said. They haven't gotten to the next phase cause of Covid. They told me 8/10 weeks ago 10 weeks ago

Was talking to Wicklow CC today, No where near close they said. They haven't gotten to the next phase cause of Covid. They told me 8/10 weeks ago 10 weeks ago

I could understand Covid causing some delays in March/April/May but you'd wonder what sort of delays Covid could could have caused since June.

i.e if they said announcement was imminent 10 weeks ago, it has not suddenly become no where near close because of Covid. it must be something else.

Change of policy from the new government which was formed 10 weeks ago?

• Advertisement

Tbh I wouldn't believe a word out of them, they could easily drop news next week as they could in 3 months. I think they'll keep us in the dark as long as possible.

Advertisement