Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone Found 26/8/20 - Dunmore Rd

Options
  • 27-08-2020 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I found a mobile phone in the middle of the Dunmore Road just outside World Wide Winds / Eddie Rocketts / Cove Centre at about 2:15pm on Wed 26/8/20. The screen was totally smashed (cars had driven over it). It did ring a few times when I had it, but I could not answer it. By the time I managed to get the SIM Card out and into another phone the owner must have cancelled the SIM. If the owner sees this and wants to PM me I'll arrange to return the phone. It has a distinctive ring tone (which you will need to describe to me and there was also a drawing on an A4 piece of paper that you will need to describe to me)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Might be better off leaving it up with the Guards in Ballybricken. That would be my first port of call if I lost my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭914

If your on facebook, throw it up on one of thr waterford groups. I lost my bank card before without knowing and someone had it up on the book and I was able to get it back

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

914 wrote:
    If your on facebook, throw it up on one of thr waterford groups. I lost my bank card before without knowing and someone had it up on the book and I was able to get it back

I got a wallet back years ago, still full of cash and cards, via gardai, there are still some very decent people out there, even though that was years ago, I'm still very grateful to that person or persons

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I got a wallet back years ago, still full of cash and cards, via gardai, there are still some very decent people out there, even though that was years ago, I'm still very grateful to that person or persons

Happened to me not so long ago. Left my wallet out in the smoking area, a very busy one at the end of a night out. When i copped it next morning i was just about to cancel all my cards and i rang the pub for the craic not thinking in a million years someone would hand it in..yoi could have knocked me down with a feather when he told me it was left at the counter and all the money still in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Happened to me not so long ago. Left my wallet out in the smoking area, a very busy one at the end of a night out. When i copped it next morning i was just about to cancel all my cards and i rang the pub for the craic not thinking in a million years someone would hand it in..yoi could have knocked me down with a feather when he told me it was left at the counter and all the money still in it!

i was floored myself when i got a call from the gardai, no name given, didnt know how to thank them. fair play to the op, most would simply pass by such a thing, including myself, there could very well be some very personal data on that phone thats still retrievable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

still some really decent people out there. a family member lost a phone on a night out a few years ago, we rang it the next day and a fella answered, he was charging the phone and he insisted on driving in to drop it to us. I had to force a tenner on him to have a drink on us. really appreciated his efforts

Advertisement