Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Winter schedules

Options
  • 28-08-2020 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Have Aer Lingus and Ryanair released their winter timetables/schedules yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

vicwatson wrote: »
    Have Aer Lingus and Ryanair released their winter timetables/schedules yet?

Not sure there's a point in releasing any from Ireland, the market is dead. You can't plan for prologned periods as before as such, I would imagine for EI it will continue to be a by-month review of operations according to demand with default (previous Winter) schedule loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭bikeman1

The lack of any guidance by the government is shocking. A whole industry and thousands of livelihoods going down the swanny thanks to total inaction. Truly disgraceful and disrespectful to all those who work so hard to take us all away for work and pleasure mostly at unpalatable times.

We need a clear plan which IMO should be open up travel within the EU with live guidance on hotspots for particular areas to avoid.

Give the power to the people to manage, because the government have made a mess of it since 1 July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Noxegon

The Irish Times was on point today:

"The rules and recommendations governing the travel industry actually say he should have continued to quarantine up to 14 days, regardless of his negative virus test after six days here. But that is the archetype of a stupid travel rule. It makes no sense, because if Hogan had not travelled here and lived here ordinarily, and had, for example, been in close contact with someone infected, he would have been free to go after his test.

What is the fundamental difference between someone with a negative test following travel, and someone living here who tests negative? There is surely an equal chance between them of a false negative – the virus doesn’t know whether you stepped off a plane or were here all along. Why is one deemed a greater risk than the other? Because a stupid rule says so. That is the only reason."

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/hogan-affair-exposes-the-stupid-rules-strangling-the-travel-sector-1.4340329

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

bikeman1 wrote: »
    The lack of any guidance by the government is shocking. A whole industry and thousands of livelihoods going down the swanny thanks to total inaction. Truly disgraceful and disrespectful to all those who work so hard to take us all away for work and pleasure mostly at unpalatable times.

We need a clear plan which IMO should be open up travel within the EU with live guidance on hotspots for particular areas to avoid.

Give the power to the people to manage, because the government have made a mess of it since 1 July.

I couldn’t agree more, it has astounded me how the Government cap in hand have followed this and have ignored multiple reports from their own departments who even have highlighted they aren't being listened to either.

The mental degradation of my colleagues I have witnessed in all of this too makes me very uneasy every day and this is happening sector by sector but particularly in Aviation which has been handed the worst and continuing blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Jack1985 wrote: »
    I couldn’t agree more, it has astounded me how the Government cap in hand have followed this and have ignored multiple reports from their own departments who even have highlighted they aren't being listened to either.

The mental degradation of my colleagues I have witnessed in all of this too makes me very uneasy every day and this is happening sector by sector but particularly in Aviation which has been handed the worst and continuing blow.

I think the government have done okay in general but their management of their stupid green list has been terrible. They said it would be reviewed every two weeks but skipped last week as their idiotic rule of only letting countries with lower per 100,000 than us backfired when our cases jumped.

They need a Red list, all EU countries are okay unless on the red list and commit to it. People and businesses can plan then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭cson

bikeman1 wrote: »

It's chaotic.

Have a green list and permit people to travel, essential or non essential, otherwise just flat out ban non essential travel - define essential and go from there.

What's going on is super confusing and indicative of a make it up as you go along approach.

Advertisement