Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Options
  • 28-08-2020 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Just a quick question about Xbox game pass ultimate, on xbox live it says its only 1 euro to join for a month then 12.99 after. Does that mean I can join it for just 1 euro and download a few full games for free then after after a month cancel it and keep the few games I downloaded ? I want to get halo master chief collection

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

STEE wrote: »
    Just a quick question about Xbox game pass ultimate, on xbox live it says its only 1 euro to join for a month then 12.99 after. Does that mean I can join it for just 1 euro and download a few full games for free then after after a month cancel it and keep the few games I downloaded ? I want to get halo master chief collection

No, you need to remain subscribed to keep playing the games..

They would get fleeced otherwise :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

STEE wrote: »

No, its like netflix, but theres a way to get it for very cheap if you thing ist something you'd use.

1. buy prepaid xbox live subscription from cdkeys - these can be bought in 12 month cards, and you can stack 3 years worth of them.
    2. apply these to your account
    3. upgrade to game pass ultimate for €1
    4, you now have 3 years of 'netflix for games' for xbox, pc, games streaming to your phone via xcloud, and your xbox live subscription for under €100 if you buy the prepaid cards at a good price.

Its crazy value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

No, its like netflix, but theres a way to get it for very cheap if you thing ist something you'd use.

1. buy prepaid xbox live subscription from cdkeys - these can be bought in 12 month cards, and you can stack 3 years worth of them.
    2. apply these to your account
    3. upgrade to game pass ultimate for €1
    4, you now have 3 years of 'netflix for games' for xbox, pc, games streaming to your phone via xcloud, and your xbox live subscription for under €100 if you buy the prepaid cards at a good price.

Its crazy value.

Will that work if you were previously a subscriber to Ultimate but then cancelled it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Will that work if you were previously a subscriber to Ultimate but then cancelled it?

As long as you're not a current subscriber, I think it will work but you might have to pay €13 instead of 1 for the extension which is still insanely good

Yeah thats it, I did it for my brothers account a while back, he only converted one year and used the €1 deal last year. This time, let it expire and stacked a few years and also bought a code for 1 month of ultimate for €8 I think it was and converted it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement