Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paint correction and ceramic coat, Leinster?

Options
  • 20-05-2019 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering the approximate costs of a paint correction and ceramic coating?

Car is a 141 520d Touring in Carbon Metallic black. Paintwork is in reasonably good shape overall but it would need to be corrected for swirl marks etc.

Also, any recommendations around the Naas or Citywest areas?

Thanks,

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

How long is a piece of string? You'll have to bring it to a detailer so he can check the condition of the paint himself before giving you a quote. With regard to ceramic coating, that depends on which you go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Is there a general range I should expect? i.e €300-500, €500-800, more than that etc?

I have one or two things to sort first on the car, so I'm just looking for a guideline prices at the moment really, to see what is coming down the line. I need to learn more about it, before making decisions.

Any advice/guidance would be welcome.

For a full job you'd be looking at around the €800 range.

For a full job you'd be looking at around the €800 range.

Thanks MM!

Any boardsies do this that might want the business?

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Thanks MM!

Any boardsies do this that might want the business?

Where are you based? I do it part time i.e. after work and at the weekends therefore you'd be without your car for longer than what Foxhole Norman in D&D would have it for, plus he's a Gtechniq accredited detailer, I'm not.

• Advertisement

Based in Naas but work in Dublin West/Dublin Centre depending on the day.

How long would you be talking about the car being gone for?

Based in Naas but work in Dublin West/Dublin Centre depending on the day.

How long would you be talking about the car being gone for?

Ah, I'm in Tipp I'm afraid. You'd be without the car for up to two weeks. That's the problem with part time detailing.

Ah, I'm in Tipp I'm afraid. You'd be without the car for up to two weeks. That's the problem with part time detailing.

Ah pity - I'm originally Nenagh. I'm often up and down but not planning any 2 weeks hols anytime soon unfortunately! :D

Thanks for the guidance - much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Spirit Detailing gets great praise on here from folks around the Dublin and surrounding area. I think they are based in Co Meath though.

From Spirit's website:

Please note, I am no longer based in Leixlip. I have moved to a temporary new premises near Batterstown, less than 10 mins from the M3 Exit 4 (to avoid the toll) or a few minutes from M3 Exit 5. Please call to arrange a visit as I am sometimes on mobile call-out.

086 332 7865

brian@spiritdetailing.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 ReckedRob

Has anyone used these lads before?

Prices don't seem too bad

Touch up for chips seems to be included when I enquired

Having a hard time finding people who have used them

https://ceramicpro.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

ReckedRob wrote: »
    Has anyone used these lads before?

Prices don't seem too bad

Touch up for chips seems to be included when I enquired

Having a hard time finding people who have used them

https://ceramicpro.ie

If you are having a hard time finding people who have used them, why are you searching so much?
    Check for other renowned detailers :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Also, any recommendations around the Naas or Citywest areas?
    I'd strongly suggest you take it to a guy in Tullaheady, Taffs. You could combine it with a trip home.

Nice guy, very thorough and only works on one car at a time. It's not cheap mind but he is very good. You'll find him on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭traco

I have been in the ceramic pro place. There is a lad in the same unit that charges AC systems and has all the gear. That was 2 or 3 years ago so if they are still going that says something.

As for the quality of work I can't comment at all except that they had a new Tesla Model X in for a full treatment. I'd say it came straight to them, whether thats worth anything or not I don't know but at least a bit more info that you had to start.

vectra wrote: »
    If you are having a hard time finding people who have used them, why are you searching so much?
    Check for other renowned detailers :confused:

Those other renowned dealers being?

A few place in Dublin yes, but haven't found any credible ones outside the pale yet, and would prefer not to drive 2 hours either side of a 4 day coating process

Those other renowned dealers being?

A few place in Dublin yes, but haven't found any credible ones outside the pale yet, and would prefer not to drive 2 hours either side of a 4 day coating process

Whereabouts are you?

haven't found any credible ones outside the pale yet

Taff's Valeting Nenagh, he is an approved trainer and has trained a number of people doing it around Ireland.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Taff's Valeting Nenagh, he is an approved trainer and has trained a number of people doing it around Ireland.
    Looks good, inquiring now, in South tipp myself

Looks good, inquiring now, in South tipp myself

MetzgerMeister might be able to help you out ;)

just got the car coated in Taff's this weekend, too dark to post pictures now but I'll update tomorrow, so far so good

• Advertisement

pics from today, 24 hours + 90 minutes of winter driving after coating

535510.jpg

535511.jpg

535513.jpg

535512.jpg

535510.jpg

Spotted that on his Facebook last night, looks great :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Try Tom at premiercarcare.ie, you can also see his work on FB. Reasonably priced and lots of impressive videos. He will come to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Lads, any other places around Dublin/Meath that can do ceramic coating on a 211 car?

yannakis wrote: »
    Lads, any other places around Dublin/Meath that can do ceramic coating on a 211 car?

http://www.procardetailing.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Thank you @vectra!

I bumped on this one too while looking around yesterday evening. Anyone familiar with their work?
    https://macledautodetailing.ie/

Thank you @vectra!

I bumped on this one too while looking around yesterday evening. Anyone familiar with their work?

Haven't seen his work, except for photos on facebook, he does get good reviews.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thank you @vectra!

That’s Rob. I haven’t seen his work in person, but I believe he is good.
    He charges a pretty penny, but I suppose you get what you pay for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement