Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best weather app & device for me

• 23-08-2020 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm looking for two things that I'm hoping you be able to help me find.

First - a weather app with a long range forecast that alerts you if there are 3 sunny/dry days in a row forecast for Ireland. Don't laugh but this is a feature I would really appreciate! Don't want any other alerts.

Second - is there any new type of weather station out there that shows a weather radar. Imagine a screen showing a map of Ireland you could hang on your wall connected to wifi showing the latest weather radars etc...

I haven't been able to find anything like these but I would use them if they exist!!
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Second - is there any new type of weather station out there that shows a weather radar. Imagine a screen showing a map of Ireland you could hang on your wall connected to wifi showing the latest weather radars etc...

You could get a tablet and load radar apps onto it, I'm slowly collecting monitors and tvs for such projects

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Dosen't 'alert' you if there are 3 fine day on the way but this is one of the best weather apps for Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.meteoblue.droid&hl=en

Ton of features inc sat, hourly forecast, maps etc.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Dosen't 'alert' you if there are 3 fine day on the way but this is one of the best weather apps for Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.meteoblue.droid&hl=en

Ton of features inc sat, hourly forecast, maps etc.

Thanks for that - I like the 'find the sunniest weather' feature!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    You could get a tablet and load radar apps onto it, I'm slowly collecting monitors and tvs for such projects

That's true - you'd need a tablet plugged into the wall permanently, screen on permanently and a way to autorefresh the page. Could be done!

Do people even use weather stations anymore? All the ones I was looking at still look like something from the 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,368 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

That's true - you'd need a tablet plugged into the wall permanently, screen on permanently and a way to autorefresh the page. Could be done!

Do people even use weather stations anymore? All the ones I was looking at still look like something from the 80's.

I might pick up one of these from AliExpress ships from EU warehouse
    US $22.67 33%OFF | Digital Thermometer Hygrometer Wireless Weather Station Alarm Clock Night Light Indoor Outdoor LCD Display Temperature Meter
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNEN9XH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Yup, it's doable alright, I had planned on mounting another screen for similar activities, but I haven't gotten around to it yet, I was considering connecting it to a computer, so I could do many things with it, and connect the keyboard and mouse via Bluetooth

Speaking of which, all the batteries in mine are dead a long time, so I'm receiving no data back to the control panel, must sort that as well

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭iancairns

Jumping in on this thread also. Long time follower, love reading up on peoples detailed posts on the weather.

Would love to know what all the avid weather watchers do and how they track. What websites to they go to for all the detailed forecasts and graphs comparing multiple charts, things like that and same as original poster, would love to get my own home station to track weather at home.

Thanks

Advertisement