Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cadetships 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 galla92

Bobbyb123 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything back yet? Did my medical at the end of June and getting antsy now!

Don't think so man, the last of the medicals are today. Next week would be the earliest we'd hear from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bobbyb123

galla92 wrote: »
    Don't think so man, the last of the medicals are today. Next week would be the earliest we'd hear from them.

Sound thanks! Hopefully the Kildare lockdown hasn’t delayed things.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 gzaq

Just out of interest has anyone got in touch with recruitment to see if there is a finalised date on offers or is everyone presuming it will be 7th of September of LC results?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DannyMac23

gzaq wrote: »
    Just out of interest has anyone got in touch with recruitment to see if there is a finalised date on offers or is everyone presuming it will be 7th of September of LC results?

Don’t know if anyone has got in touch with them yet, I’d wager that they’ll start offers after the 7th once all LC results are in and accounted for, but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JohnBoy140

DannyMac23 wrote: »
    Don’t know if anyone has got in touch with them yet, I’d wager that they’ll start offers after the 7th once all LC results are in and accounted for, but I could be wrong.

Be surprised if they got in contact with us before the 7th unless they gave LC students conditional offers or just waited to give them an offer (unlikely though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 MountainGoat23

Maybe the graduate entry roles will hear back first.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 josh1010st

I emailed recruitment there, just asking is there a time frame for when offers may go out, I’ll keep ye updated if they reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dskell67

Done the medical Friday passed from what they were saying waiting on bloods/urine, may give them a call shortly about what the story is

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Borderland

Dskell67 wrote: »
    Done the medical Friday passed from what they were saying waiting on bloods/urine, may give them a call shortly about what the story is

Doctor told me that bloods/urine take 5 days.

They’ll need to then sign off on you and then communicate that to Recruitment. Someone will then need to sign off on the panel.

I’d say Friday at the earliest, and that’s just to be fair to the lads who did their medicals on the 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DannyMac23

Did ye lads hear back from them about blood/urine tests 5 days after the medical or were ye just told on the day that you had passed it ?

• Advertisement

DannyMac23 wrote: »
    Did ye lads hear back from them about blood/urine tests 5 days after the medical or were ye just told on the day that you had passed it ?

She told me on the day what I was all good aside from the bloods/urine coming back ok. You won’t hear back unless there is a problem, the results go to the Army doctor who either passes you or fails you depending on the result.

She told me that her policy was to get someone in for a retest if there was any problems so no news on that is good news.

Any idea when the offers go out usually?

JohnBoy140 wrote: »
    Any idea when the offers go out usually?

Checked the 2019 Competition thread and first round offers went out in the last week in August.

They seemed to have had problems with vetting people last year so the whole thing dragged into mid/late September tho.

I’d expect they’ll give a first round offer this week or early next week. Maybe top 15 or 20 candidates who aren’t relying on the leaving cert or who are already serving in the PDF and get those big interview bonuses.

They can then wait and see how they’re fixed in terms of final numbers once the leaving cert comes out and give out the final places accordingly.

Borderland wrote: »
    Checked the 2019 Competition thread and first round offers went out in the last week in August.

They seemed to have had problems with vetting people last year so the whole thing dragged into mid/late September tho.

I’d expect they’ll give a first round offer this week or early next week. Maybe top 15 or 20 candidates who aren’t relying on the leaving cert or who are already serving in the PDF and get those big interview bonuses.

They can then wait and see how they’re fixed in terms of final numbers once the leaving cert comes out and give out the final places accordingly.
    Was talking to an LC student still in the competition and they’d to sign a waiver allowing them to view their results a few hours early. They might give out the offers the day of the leaving cert results.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

Was talking to an LC student still in the competition and they’d to sign a waiver allowing them to view their results a few hours early. They might give out the offers the day of the leaving cert results.
    Could you give me some more detail on that, I'm LC as well and I haven't been asked to do anything like that and now you've got me concerned. Should I be worried or is there something else going on there.

Could you give me some more detail on that, I'm LC as well and I haven't been asked to do anything like that and now you've got me concerned. Should I be worried or is there something else going on there.
    It was signed for in the group assessment at the very start. The guy I know didn’t even realised he’d signed it until an officer mentioned it to him in the interview. You probably wouldn’t have known if you didn’t read it through fully. Even if you somehow didn’t sign it they’d have told you to do it before the interview or gotten in contact with you

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

It was signed for in the group assessment at the very start. The guy I know didn’t even realised he’d signed it until an officer mentioned it to him in the interview. You probably wouldn’t have known if you didn’t read it through fully. Even if you somehow didn’t sign it they’d have told you to do it before the interview or gotten in contact with you
    Yeah I thought as much, the worry machine was going alright though. Thanks.

josh1010st wrote: »
    I emailed recruitment there, just asking is there a time frame for when offers may go out, I’ll keep ye updated if they reply!

Any reply back?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 josh1010st

Any reply back?

Nothing yet unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fowler247

Heading to Galway 7th of September to commence training just wondering any others heading up from Waterford?

• Advertisement

Fowler247 wrote: »
    Heading to Galway 7th of September to commence training just wondering any others heading up from Waterford?

That’s for General Enlistment. Wrong thread pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 galla92

Anyone hear a bit yet lads? The waiting is killer.

They’re probably waiting for Leaving Cert at this stage

Monday afternoon at the very earliest I reckon

Hey all I think we’re all in the same boat and getting sick of the waiting but just have a question in regard to the medical will they send you an email saying you passed or an email to say you’ve been placed on a panel cheers

Dskell67 wrote: »
    Hey all I think we’re all in the same boat and getting sick of the waiting but just have a question in regard to the medical will they send you an email saying you passed or an email to say you’ve been placed on a panel cheers

Dr told me no news was good news re the medical so if you haven’t heard anything it’s safe to say you’ve passed it.

You’ll just get an email about the panel, either with the joining instructions or with a line that you’ve been placed on the Reserve list.

I also heard that 5th October is the provisional start date for this year’s class.

Sound mate exciting times

• Registered Users Posts: 15 gzaq

Borderland wrote: »
    Dr told me no news was good news re the medical so if you haven’t heard anything it’s safe to say you’ve passed it.

You’ll just get an email about the panel, either with the joining instructions or with a line that you’ve been placed on the Reserve list.

I also heard that 5th October is the provisional start date for this year’s class.

To add to this I’ve also heard that there is a intake of 85/86 (can’t remember the figure) of cadets this year. I’ve also heard the 5th of October is provisional start date. Hopefully they start offers on Monday it’s been a long process. Best of luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dylant99

I heard that the class will only 50, I hope it’s 80-85 that would be unreal! Fingers crossed we hear on Monday, if it’s supposed to start on the 5th they’d really want to be telling us soon so people can get their life’s in order in time

• Advertisement

dylant99 wrote: »
    I heard that the class will only 50, I hope it’s 80-85 that would be unreal! Fingers crossed we hear on Monday, if it’s supposed to start on the 5th they’d really want to be telling us soon so people can get their life’s in order in time

I heard 50 too. I’m assuming it’ll be the usual 6 Maltese, maybe 7 or 8 navy, and then maybe 8/10 air Corp?

Maybe if you put in 60 army, you might get 25 from the other branches.

More the merrier as far as I’m concerned!

Advertisement