Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arccos Golf System

Options
  • 23-08-2020 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭

Not sure if anyone here uses it. A mate of mine has it and gave me the lowdown last week and have to say I was impressed.

In any case, my clubs need to be regripped and I was intending getting the golf pride multicompounds. However, after looking at a the arccos website you can get 13 MCC plus 4 grips with the sensors installed (plus and additional sensor for the putter) for €243 delivered (theres a 10% discount for first time customers) This includes a one year subscription to their caddy app which is normally €99
    Link below:
    https://eu.arccosgolf.com/products/arccos-caddie-smart-grips

When compared to the cost of grips alone which would cost €208 its decent value for anyone who like me is interested in trying it out...

Just thought it might be of interest to some on here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

€269.99 coming up for me
    also, you have to fit the grips yourself by the looks of it, not a big deal, but i rather get a pro to do it, much handier and better results

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone here uses it. A mate of mine has it and gave me the lowdown last week and have to say I was impressed.

In any case, my clubs need to be regripped and I was intending getting the golf pride multicompounds. However, after looking at a the arccos website you can get 13 MCC plus 4 grips with the sensors installed (plus and additional sensor for the putter) for €243 delivered (theres a 10% discount for first time customers) This includes a one year subscription to their caddy app which is normally €99
    Link below:
    https://eu.arccosgolf.com/products/arccos-caddie-smart-grips

When compared to the cost of grips alone which would cost €208 its decent value for anyone who like me is interested in trying it out...

Just thought it might be of interest to some on here!

I have the screw in sensors one.

Now, I’m into data (and there is all types of data here) so I love it.

Reality though, for my standard of golf (ie sh12e) it’s noisy data and not telling me anything didn’t already know (ie driver is killing my score but putter & 75/100 yards out I’m good). Club distances is spot on. Saying that it has convinced me go get lessons especially for driver and long irons.

For people who are handy I would think the data would be very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

higster wrote: »
    I have the screw in sensors one.

Now, I’m into data (and there is all types of data here) so I love it.

Reality though, for my standard of golf (ie sh12e) it’s noisy data and not telling me anything didn’t already know (ie driver is killing my score but putter & 75/100 yards out I’m good). Club distances is spot on. Saying that it has convinced me go get lessons especially for driver and long irons.

For people who are handy I would think the data would be very useful.

Do you just screw then into the top of the club so or is there something else there to tag the shots or would it be your phone? I’d be interested in it but am torn over the useability and the recurring fee being charged

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

slingerz wrote: »
    Do you just screw then into the top of the club so or is there something else there to tag the shots or would it be your phone? I’d be interested in it but am torn over the useability and the recurring fee being charged

Download app, screw in sensor per club, use app to tag sensor/club and your done. Took max 15 mins.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0780/5525/files/2020_Arccos_Caddie_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf?v=1585051808

First year is free and yeah was something I mulled over but right now I’ll be signing up again.

The one thing that takes most getting used to is having phone in front left pocket. I can’t stand playing golf with a watch on and when did use it was glitchy but buddy has it as well and says much better over last month or so. There is a new yoke our that clips to belt (more €s though but am tempted) but with phone can update for penalties on the go and get distances etc.

The other disadvantage is you might spend too much time looking at phone. Very tempting to pull out for every shot. Also, doesn’t track stableford score.

But the advantages far outweigh disadvantages for me. Love it (as does buddy who also has it who is a much better player then me).

Anyway, very easy set up and damn easy to use.

Advertisement