Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athenry: Place to eat out, Sunday evening?

• 20-08-2020 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of a place to get a sit-down meal on a Sunday evening in Athenry?
    I looked on internet, only see one, La Rustica: everything else is takeaways.

Anyone here have local knowledge?
    Doesn't have to be fancy, just somewhere to get a meal that's maybe a step up from the chipper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

La Rustica is decent, you will get a good meal.

The Old Barracks closes at 18:00, I think, so might be too late for you.
    There's a casual eatery called The North Gate which is a cafe bar and serves food late: https://www.facebook.com/northgatecoffeebar/

The Raheen Woods Hotel is another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭motley

Also the other Italian Mediterraneano is open plus New Park Hotel is doing food too I think.

All of the above are decent places for food

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Anybody know of a place to get a sit-down meal on a Sunday evening in Athenry?
    I looked on internet, only see one, La Rustica: everything else is takeaways.

Anyone here have local knowledge?
    Doesn't have to be fancy, just somewhere to get a meal that's maybe a step up from the chipper.

The indian is also superb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Thank you all for the helpful comments. Duly noted!
    La Rustica was closed: and several other places had shut at 6.
    We ended up getting takeaway pizza from Mediterraneo, and very good it was, too:

Always glad to hear of a good Indian place, will definitely check that out at a later date.

• Advertisement
Advertisement