Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phil Hogan Stopped by Gardai

• 24-08-2020 6:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,022 ✭✭✭✭

So we learn Phil Hogan Stopped by Gardai in Kildare, or should I say we learned the Garda Commissioner felt duty bound to inform the Justice Minister, who in turn informed the Taoiseach about this little matter.

Absolutely no fan of Hogan but....

Is this right, is this appropriate for the commissioner to report an alleged offence to anyone, seems to me that this is very, very odd and troubling, whatever about the rights and wrongs (and they were wrong) of GOLFGATE.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,618 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Dempo1 wrote: »
    So we learn Phil Hogan Stopped by Gardai in Kildare, or should I say we learned the Garda Commissioner felt duty bound to inform the Justice Minister, who in turn informed the Taoiseach about this little matter.

Is this right, is this appropriate for the commissioner to report an alleged offence to anyone, seems to me that this is very, very odd and troubling, whatever about the rights and wrongs (and they were wrong) of GOLFGATE.

We should be more enraged that he was let off with a warning rather than fine and points like the rest of us plebs get.

Again more evidence of a two tier system, one rule for them and another for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Dempo1 wrote: »

Already covered in terms other thread
    https://twitter.com/drvconway/status/1297648886509645824?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

_Brian wrote: »
    We should be more enraged that he was let off with a warning rather than fine and points like the rest of us plebs get.

Gardai regularly let people off with a warning. It depends on the situation.

I got a warning once for being on a phone stopped at traffic lights.

I'm not a politician nor anyone who has any connections with political or other public establishments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,022 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

_Brian wrote: »

O yes, fully agreed, I suspect alot of people fined and issued penalty points recently will be enraged also but have the details of their alleged offences been shared with justice minister, I'm doubting it. Put another way, if the Justice Minister was FF, would there be a bit of a fuss, my point being is it appropriate to be sharing any details in the way they were, just seems wrong and questionable to me.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement