Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gun safe advice

Options
  • 22-08-2020 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm looking to upgrade to a bigger gun safe, probably to a 10 gun size. I'm looking at the Buffalo River Silver, Gold and Black Diamond range and also the Lokaway LOK3K safe. Does anyone have first hand experience with these 4 safes, especially the Lokaway?
    The Gold and Black Diamond series have electronic keypads, do these give any problems other than replacing batteries?
    Finally, any recommendations where to buy? Are there any dealers with these safes in stock?

TIA, Lefthooker.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Im in the progress of house renovations and have been seriously considering this safe in a built in wardrobe in the bedroom :D
    https://www.gunshop.ie/Buffalo-River-Gun-Cabinet-Black-Diamond-Series-14-Gun-Safe-p210914565

However the big problem is most gun "safes" are just cabinets and youd be much better off buying a older safe and fitting it up as a gun safe if you want something really secure
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tools-for-sale/safe/25320972?campaign=14
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tools-for-sale/safe/24642448

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭lefthooker

That’s a great price for the buffalo river safe, and bigger than I’ll ever need. The dimensions are not much bigger than the 10 gun model though 🤔
    Quality safes are thin in the ground at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭smallfry

Looks like a great price for a 14 gun safe but wouldn't you be better to buy 2 of the 7 gun safes and save €175?? Might be easier to find 2 places for them than 1 big place for the 14 gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Measurements look a bit tight for storing 14 shotguns.

If I was going to spend 700 plus euro on a steel box with a lock I'd deffo be spending it on a custom made box a lot stronger than that.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Measurements look a bit tight for storing 14 shotguns.

If I was going to spend 700 plus euro on a steel box with a lock I'd deffo be spending it on a custom made box a lot stronger than that.

Again id be looking for a old Milner or Chubb safe , some of the 1900-1950s safes are beautiful on the outside weigh a **** ton and have locking tabs that are and inch thick
    Oh and you wont be getting into it with a angle grinder :p

• Advertisement

Again id be looking for a old Milner or Chubb safe , some of the 1900-1950s safes are beautiful on the outside weigh a **** ton and have locking tabs that are and inch thick
    Oh and you wont be getting into it with a angle grinder :p

That's my point about spending 700 plus on a custom made job, that safe featured has a 5mm door and the rest of it is 2mm thick.

You could probably break into that with a good tin opener, a Lidl or Aldi grinder would slice it like a hot knife through butter.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Whats the door filled with is another question.Some of these are filled with plasterboard rather than concrete.
    You'd open these yokes with a fire axe here no problem.
    Best defence I find with these "safes"is to put them somewhere hidden or so awkward that you cant get a decent swing with an axe or hammer,or are able to get space into manouver a prying tool.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Is theft of Firearms a thing?

Like, have you heard of lads who have been subject to theft?

Hopefully not....

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Is theft of Firearms a thing?

Like, have you heard of lads who have been subject to theft?

Hopefully not....

Google Gardai recover stolen firearms.

Advertisement