Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i get replacement paperwork for my tissot

Options
  • 21-08-2020 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi all, i own a tissot PRS 516 i bought it off adverts. The P/O stated to me he bought it brand new in kneisnels waterford, he said he claimed for a new battery shortly after purchase he said the watch and warranty card/paper was given to kneisnels and when he collected the watch they never gave him back any paperwork. Now i believe the watch is a genuine tissot i have box, books, instructions and travel case all the chronograph functions work.

Anything i can do about paperwork? Whats my best option or should i just forget about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

You could always try phoning Kneisnels, they may have them lying in a drawer. Other than that I doubt Tissot will help without proof of legitimate ownership.

JMO not based on personal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

You could always try phoning Kneisnels, they may have them lying in a drawer. Other than that I doubt Tissot will help without proof of legitimate ownership.

JMO not based on personal experience.

Unfortunately Kniesels shut permanently around the start of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Cassius99 wrote: »

Then I'd say 'forget about it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, I wouldn't bother. Papers aren't really that important unless it's a high end watch, a few grand. It wouldn't bother me unless it's one that's repped a lot, and the tissot isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

Thanks all who replied, i was tbinking tissot would be a dead end didnt realise kneisnels was closed down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

Cassius99 wrote: »

Are you sure? I think they just sold to new owners but would be the same shop essentially. I'd still say there is no hope of getting the papers but as alluded to above, the papers for a Tissot wouldn't really impact the value of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

redlead wrote: »
    Are you sure? I think they just sold to new owners but would be the same shop essentially. I'd still say there is no hope of getting the papers but as alluded to above, the papers for a Tissot wouldn't really impact the value of it.

I left a watch in with them for service at the start of February and they seemed reasonably busy. Got a phone call 4 weeks later telling me they'd gone into liquidation and they'd be open 3 hours a day for the next 2 days to give back items that had been left in for service or repair. In fairness they had they watch back working 100%. Everything was cleared out of the shop though, no stock, nothing. Door was locked and only dealing with people they had called by appointment. Up to a few weeks ago the premises was still locked up, whether that's changed since, I don't know.

Was sorry to see it go, the staff were always friendly and they used always have a slightly different range to what you'd see in most places, although less noticeable in recent years. Another sad milestone in the decline of Waterford.

Advertisement