Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smart immersion clock for economy 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

holcus wrote: »
    I have a economy 7 storage heating system with sink and bath mode with heating element for each mode.

Do you have full timer control over both modes? I know you can't have both elements heating at the same time but aside from that, do you have unrestricted control over when sink and bath are activated?

Example: If you chose to, could you set 'Sink' to come on from from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 'Bath' to turn on from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.?

The reason I ask is because any Economy 7 timer I've come across will only allow the Bath element to heat during off-peak hours.

For example, on the Sangamo website, there is only one 2 channel timer and the user manual says the following....

This product differs from a simple time switch as it has programs built in that match with Economy 7, Economy 10 and Eco 20:20 electricity tariffs.

This ensures your tank operates during off peak times avoiding expensive peak use. As such this controller is not freely programmable

https://www.sangamo.co.uk/collections/immersion-controllers/products/powersaver-dual-flexi

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭holcus

Do you have full timer control over both modes?
    bath has a full timer controll, sink only has a knob which I can set to 15,30,60 and 120 mins.
    SINK timer is manual only - it has to be set each time
    I can set my BATH clock to any time of the day I like - neither BATH or SINK are restricted to the night

The Sangamo on is pretty much the same as my old one just with digital display.
    I am looking for something bit more fancy, with an app and ability to controll it remotely.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

holcus wrote: »
    The Sangamo on is pretty much the same as my old one just with digital display.
    I am looking for something bit more fancy, with an app and ability to controll it remotely.

OK, what you're looking for is effectively the function you have at the moment which is a two-channel timer but with the ability to control the timer remotely from an app.

I searched high and low about two years ago and at that stage, there was no such a device out there. I have the Timeguard Wi-Fi timer but it's a single channel device only so it sits between the mains feed and the Sink/Bath switch....

https://www.timeguard.com/products/time/immersion-and-general-purpose-timeswitches/wi-fi-controlled-fused-spur

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Use use Sonoff devices throughout my home. The Sonoff TH16 can switch up to 16A or far more via a contractor. These devices can be controlled via a free app and which can display the current water temperature too. There are numerous Sonoff devices available including 5 channel DIN rail mounted versions. They also work with Google Home / Alexa. Expect to pay around €15 for a Sonoff TH16.

Advertisement