Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor familiar with UAE labor law

Options
  • 17-08-2020 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi, I just accepted a job offer for a UAE based company. I'll be remotely working staying in Ireland. Before I sign the employment contract, as different labor law, I'd like a solicitor familiar with UAE law to go over it and ensure it's all above board and that I fully understand it compared to Irish labor law.

Anyone to recommend?

I have been sending a few bottles in the sea of https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ but there is no way to refine the search criteria it seems so I'm trying my luck here, as well as continuing to contact solicitors.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hey! I recommend joining the Irish in Dubai or Irish in Abu Dhabi facebook groups. You may get a reply there with someone who has done the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

As mars bar said. Also, there are also standard UAE labour contracts online which you can compare your contract to. Have you an UAE residency?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

Thanks, I don't have UAE residency. I found a lawyer after a few days of searching and asking for recommendation from one lawyer firm to another, after 2 could not take my business due to conflict with my prospective employer.

Here are some of the UAE based firms in case others in my situation are interested:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

James Berry are involved in the Irish Business Network here and I know people who have used/worked them. Al Tamimi are a large firm in the region who I have worked with in Kuwait.

Glad you got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fotislaw09

Fotis International is one of the leading law firms in Dubai. Established by some of the award-winning laureates in the middle-east, They got a culturally diversified team that got years of expertise in dealing with many complex cases. They are mostly engaged with practice areas such as Corporate Law, Commercial Law, IP Law, Finance Law, employment and immigration law.

Anyone want to be in touch can look out there website first: https://fotislaw.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement