Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two SUP'rs missing in Galway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

UP date, found alive clinging to lobster pot after 15 hours in water no idea of condition or what went wrong.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0813/1158928-galway/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

UP date, found alive clinging to lobster pot after 15 hours in water no idea of condition or what went wrong.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0813/1158928-galway/

Glad to hear they're alive.

Was a lovely day yesterday but it seemed pretty windy to me in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Some scare. Poor Women.

hate how media used words clinging.... Were they really?? that information wouldnt be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Happens a lot these days - huge increase in blow up stand up paddles and boats

Looks like the were on blow up sups, they had buoyancy aids and were still on the SUPS so they must have rafted up and used the leashes to hold on the buoy. That kept them out of water. They didn't have wet suits. I wonder were they on Lidl or Aldi specials and didn't know what they were at. The only time I've been on a SUP I found it very hard going in the wind I can see how you would be blown out easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭patob

Anyone hear if they were experienced boarders. A good news story yes, but any lessons learned?

rodento wrote: »
    Happens a lot these days - huge increase in blow up stand up paddles and boats

Do you have one yet?

Do you have one yet?

Not really comfortable with blow up toys :eek:

rodento wrote: »
    Not really comfortable with blow up toys :eek:

But I bet you have a SUP

But I bet you have a SUP
    How much :)

• Advertisement