Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolex Batman Availability

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    teasing!
    where out of interest?

Saudi Arabia - Riyadh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

C0N0R wrote: »
    Saudi Arabia - Riyadh
    You saucy Minx!

yeah, SA and UAE are the Rolex spots alright! No shortage of AD's

I believe there are 3? in Ireland (2 in the Republic) Keanes and Weirs with Lunns in in Belfast.
    I'm on the list in Keanes. As of last week they have an Air-king in stock, was tempted but gonna stick with the OP, only other watch I'd consider is the Explorer I.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

On the price of Batmans and other watches on the grey market...

I appreciate there are people who are carefully weighing their purchases, saving and horse-trading as necessary to get the watches they want at the best price they can, but there are also people in a position buy watches that they want if they are readily available and perhaps paying a premium on the grey market price is not such a big factor for them... Neither is wrong or bad, it's just life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Still waiting a year over a 1 1/2 years for a GMT Pepsi. I previously bought 2 Omegas and a Submariner 114060 from my AD, not a flipper.

I'd just love to know how much longer I have to wait but that seems unlikely. I e-mail them every couple of months re-expressioning my interest but get the same story "We will contact you when we have the stock in".

I'm at the mercy of the AD and no doubt there are customers who've spent a sh*t lot more than me who are looking for the same watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭893bet

Old version on watchfinder sale for 12.5k.....
    Jubliee version for 14.5k

They ain’t selling at the 15-18k they have them advertised at...

Private market have to be at least 15-20 percent lower than this.

Interesting times ahead. The talk about luxury items doing well is perhaps only talk.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

On the subject of Rolex, I like the watches but not the price or difficulties of turning your cash into a new watch with full warranty, strikes me as capitalism with Soviet style shortages.
    Anyway I was having a look at what they're offering or should I say dangling and the one that I really like is the Air-King which apparently isn't terribly popular.

Now all I need is for Steinhart to do a homage Air-King to go with my Ocean Thirty-Nine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Now all I need is for Steinhart to do a homage Air-King to go with my Ocean Thirty-Nine.

Air king is "available" with zero wait tho :P

banie01 wrote: »
    Air king is "available" with zero wait tho :P

That's good to know.

If I do buy a Rolex it'll be the Air-King.

That's good to know.

If I do buy a Rolex it'll be the Air-King.

There was one on display ready to go in Keanes in Limerick last time I was in a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

The only two Rolex models i really like are the Milguass and the Air King. I do wish the Air King didn't have a mix of numbers for the minutes and different set for the hours.

The Milguass is lovely though. I've no complaints about that one at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

There was one on display ready to go in Keanes in Limerick last time I was in a couple of weeks ago.

Cork had one last week as well.

Cork had one last week as well.

Think I'll hold off till Black-Friday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

How much is an air king in an Irish AD, Keane's I presume.

njburke wrote: »
    How much is an air king in an Irish AD, Keane's I presume.

€6150 if memory serves.

€6150 if memory serves.

£5150 in North which is a better price.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wetlandsboy

893bet wrote: »
    Old version on watchfinder sale for 12.5k.....
    Jubliee version for 14.5k

They ain’t selling at the 15-18k they have them advertised at...

Private market have to be at least 15-20 percent lower than this.

Interesting times ahead. The talk about luxury items doing well is perhaps only talk.....

Sold my 2014 BLNR last week for €11,000.

Sold my 2014 BLNR last week for €11,000.

Assume privately and not to a dealer?

11 doesn’t seem like a bad price you got.

No, it was actually to a Jeweller. I bought for €7500 in 2014, so I thought it was a pretty good deal. (The idea of a private sale didn’t appeal to me on account of security concerns.) Put the money towards a 116618LB YG Submariner.

No, it was actually to a Jeweller. I bought for €7500 in 2014, so I thought it was a pretty good deal. (The idea of a private sale didn’t appeal to me on account of security concerns.) Put the money towards a 116618LB YG Submariner.

So it was a trade in and they “allowed” you 11k toward the sub.

11k in a straight sale would have been unlikely from a dealer currently. Selling privately is tough but buy the seller/buyer is the advice.

Look forward to pics of the new sub!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It doesn't??? I think I would have wanted more for one of I was lucky enough to have / sell one :p

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    It doesn't??? I think I would have wanted more for one of I was lucky enough to have / sell one :p

Falling market. If watchfinder have one for 12.5k. And they are a dealer with dealer overheads, and tax liabilities and in general are always way overpriced then 11k is a good price in context.

There was a few of these on TZ before I was banned for 9.5-10k sterling if I recall.

So it was a trade in and they “allowed” you 11k toward the sub.

11k in a straight sale would have been unlikely from a dealer currently. Selling privately is tough but buy the seller/buyer is the advice.

Look forward to pics of the new sub!

It was actually a straight sale! I bought the Sub from a separate dealer. Just posted pics in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Falling market. If watchfinder have one for 12.5k. And they are a dealer with dealer overheads, and tax liabilities and in general are always way overpriced then 11k is a good price in context.

There was a few of these on TZ before I was banned for 9.5-10k sterling if I recall.

Banned eh? Tell me more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

He posted about the Solas Starlight so TZ considered him a shill and banned him. Despite him having no vested interest in the project.

(I think that's what happened anyway)

It was actually a straight sale! I bought the Sub from a separate dealer. Just posted pics in this forum.

I think you did really well so. Struggling to see the dealer make enough of a margin on the resale of the watch!

See the pictures! Very nice! Not something I could/would pull off but very nice!

hitemfrank wrote: »
    He posted about the Solas Starlight so TZ considered him a shill and banned him. Despite him having no vested interest in the project.

(I think that's what happened anyway)

That’s pretty much it in a nutshell.

That was because of Solas. See the thread.

@893bet - that's interesting. I expected a deep recession in the UK to start a few months ago, but it appears I was wrong. You reckon it is finally happening now?

unkel wrote: »
    That was because of Solas. See the thread.

@893bet - that's interesting. I expected a deep recession in the UK to start a few months ago, but it appears I was wrong. You reckon it is finally happening now?

Blnrs have been falling slowly for 12 months+ now.

Who knows what the future holds. I wouldn’t be counting on any massive Rolex bubble burst, I had thought it might but it doesn’t seem likely now but equally every steel sports watch they release can’t stay above RRP forever on the secondary market .....or can they .... dealers hold a ****e load of the stock no doubt.

Out of interest, what happened to Rolex prices during 2008-2012, the worst recession in almost a century?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Back in April I considered selling my BLNR and was offered 11K @ the time from an established dealer.

Advertisement