Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

joeguevara wrote: »
    Is the second one gone now. Was there a few weeks ago.

Yeah both gone now. I noticed they'd only removed one before but both gone now. Season 4 Episode 3 is also gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Yeah both gone now. I noticed they'd only removed one before but both gone now. Season 4 Episode 3 is also gone.

What are the rules.... I'm going to say the N word....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Just finished the first ep myself, liked it a lot. It sets up it's main characters and basic premise very quickly and there's a good few laughs too.

Is this young adult enjoyable or could a grown man in his mid thirties enjoy it?

I only ask because the first time I saw it on the menu I skipped straight past immediately thinking it wasn't for me based on the title alone

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Is this young adult enjoyable or could a grown man in his mid thirties enjoy it?

I only ask because the first time I saw it on the menu I skipped straight past immediately thinking it wasn't for me based on the title alone

Really depends on your attitude to these kinds of things. The main characters are teen girls and they do deal with relationships and school a bit while doing their bounty hunting. It definitely leans more to a grown up audience, I think, without being like something you'd see on HBO. I've watched 4 now and I think the trailers were a pretty good indication of what it is.
    As I said, the first ep sets things up pretty quickly and it carries on in much the same style so you'd know fairly quickly if it wasn't for you.

Edit: the trailers say it's from the same team as Orange is the New Black and Glow, if that sways you either way

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Between Two Ferns: The Movie
    Spoof chat show with Zach Gafiliakis interviewing some big name actors.
    I loved Zach G in Bored to Death but this was poor. Gave up halfway through.
    Probably the best bit was when he asks Matthew McConaughey 'Who do you think will accidentally starve to death first, you or Christian Bale?' :D
    Some excellent episodes on youtube, the outtakes are especially funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

United Nation: Three Decades of Drum & Bass
    Led by One Nation, this documentary chronicles the origins of drum and bass music from its start at underground raves to its influence on modern EDM.

Islands of Faith
    Through the lens of faiths and cultures in seven provinces in Indonesia, this documentary follows individuals who strive to address climate change

added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

twirlagig wrote: »
    Has anyone watched ‘Downsizing’? I watched it late last night, loved it at the start but lost interest 2 thirds in or thereabouts

Exact same thing happened me

Watched 2 episodes of selling sunset last night. Embarrassed to say I ****ing loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Watched 2 episodes of selling sunset last night. Embarrassed to say I ****ing loved it.

Hang your head in shame.....:pac:

limnam wrote: »
    Hang your head in shame.....:pac:

I know. If one of my mates said it I'd rip the p1ss so bad. But fcuck it I like hot b1tchy ambitious women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I know. If one of my mates said it I'd rip the p1ss so bad. But fcuck it I like hot b1tchy ambitious women.

Next stop...real housewives of Beverly Hills....

Rfrip wrote: »
    Next stop...real housewives of Beverly Hills....

Nope.... Have seen some clips about a super yacht crew. Looks hilarious

I'm going to have to watch scarface to balance it up

Really depends on your attitude to these kinds of things. The main characters are teen girls and they do deal with relationships and school a bit while doing their bounty hunting. It definitely leans more to a grown up audience, I think, without being like something you'd see on HBO. I've watched 4 now and I think the trailers were a pretty good indication of what it is.
    As I said, the first ep sets things up pretty quickly and it carries on in much the same style so you'd know fairly quickly if it wasn't for you.

Edit: the trailers say it's from the same team as Orange is the New Black and Glow, if that sways you either way

Update on Teenage Bounty Hunters, I finished it this afternoon. That's the quickest I've watched anything on Netflix, I think. It was exactly what I was hoping Warrior Nun would be, fun and silly but still decent story telling, bit of action and great characters. I'm desperately hoping for a 2nd season and am so annoyed that it's filmed in Georgia, one of the worst states for Covid management! Maybe S2 will be very obviously shot in Vancouver :D

Update on Teenage Bounty Hunters, I finished it this afternoon. That's the quickest I've watched anything on Netflix, I think. It was exactly what I was hoping Warrior Nun would be, fun and silly but still decent story telling, bit of action and great characters. I'm desperately hoping for a 2nd season and am so annoyed that it's filmed in Georgia, one of the worst states for Covid management! Maybe S2 will be very obviously shot in Vancouver :D
    It's a whole lot better than I thought it would be.
    I am up to episode 5, the two leads are great fun...I love the little asides with them which are almost like telepathic sister communications ha.
    I gave up on warrior nun after 3/4 episodes.

What genre is it...comedy, sci fi, 5riller drama?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Comedy, Crime, Drama according to IMDB

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Definitely comedy, but there's some drama in there too. It's from some of the people behind Glow and Orange is the New Black. I never warmed to Glow but I suppose it would be similar-ish in style to that, maybe a bit sillier in some of the humour.

I was reading some reviews if it and apparently Netflix embargoed reviews until launch day, which some reviewers think was a mistake because there was no hype for it, but since it's come out I've only seen very positive reviews.

gmisk wrote: »
    It's a whole lot better than I thought it would be.
    I am up to episode 5, the two leads are great fun...I love the little asides with them which are almost like telepathic sister communications ha.
    I gave up on warrior nun after 3/4 episodes.

Yeah, they're great together, very natural and both are good at slipping from serious to comedy in a single scene. And their scenes with Bowser are great too.

I feel like I've said this a million times about Warrior Nun, but.... it does get very good eventually but I completely understand why people give up on it because it takes a long time to take off.

Yeah, they're great together, very natural and both are good at slipping from serious to comedy in a single scene. And their scenes with Bowser are great too.

I feel like I've said this a million times about Warrior Nun, but.... it does get very good eventually but I completely understand why people give up on it because it takes a long time to take off.
    I might eventually go back to warrior nun....do they at least drop the voice over? It was seriously wrecking my head, as was the whole teen scammers gang portion of the story

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    I might eventually go back to warrior nun....do they at least drop the voice over? It was seriously wrecking my head, as was the whole teen scammers gang portion of the story

The voice over stays but I'm fairly sure it disappears for several episodes or is used very sparingly anyway. The gang and the boyfriend all disappear after episode 5, thankfully. Coincidentally that's when it starts to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Enjoyed dead to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Started watching Immigration Nation. Its as shocking, compelling and horrible as I thought it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

rob316 wrote: »
    Started watching Immigration Nation. Its as shocking, compelling and horrible as I thought it would be.

Watched the first episode and the scenes with the fathers so upsetting that I've held off going back to it for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Started watching The Fall with the missus we missed it on TV,

Have to say its been really good so far with one season watched,

Obviously there bits where you think why in the world would you do that but that expected ,

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

Watching Call My Agent after seeing a couple of recommendations here. Fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ned Led Zeppo

d51984 wrote: »
    Just finished Safe, struggled to finish it, wasn't the best. The stranger was alright. Went on a Ricky Gervais binge, watched Derek and the afterlife enjoyed both.

Waiting on the latest season on Line of Duty. Any idea if House of cards will ever be updated or has it been scrapped?

Can you get Line of Duty on Netflix?

Jimi H wrote: »
    Watching Call My Agent after seeing a couple of recommendations here. Fantastic!

What is it about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

No daily update from peteeeed, I think that's a first

His posts are great here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Can you get Line of Duty on Netflix?

Yes. Don't know how many series are up though.

Advertisement