Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Championship and Covid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Today should be All Ireland hurling final day

**** this virus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Today should be All Ireland hurling final day

**** this virus

The first Sunday in sept should be all Ireland hurling final day....

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    The first Sunday in sept should be all Ireland hurling final day....

Yeah I hate this post 2017 calender

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Leaks suggesting Cabinet are discussing having all sporting events behind closed doors :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

This is a madness if it happens what's going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

So this decision will resolve the meat factory and house party problems? Disgraceful and disgusting decision if true

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

So this decision will resolve the meat factory and house party problems? Disgraceful and disgusting decision if true

It was a tweet from RTE Pol Corr, might be bs, hopefully is

It was a tweet from RTE Pol Corr, might be bs, hopefully is
    seems to be widespread reports currently

Id take behind close doors championship as it will be realistically be on TV/streaming services. Just have to make a day of it at home or in a food pub

Players deserve to have a few games, they broke there backs training at the start of the year and would be a bit unfair if they pull the championship for financial reasons

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Id take behind close doors championship as it will be realistically be on TV/streaming services. Just have to make a day of it at home or in a food pub

Players deserve to have a few games, they broke there backs training at the start of the year and would be a bit unfair if they pull the championship for financial reasons
    I would take it too but 120 or so spectators at club games at the moment is not a health and safety issue, meat factories and house parties are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

15:12
    All sporting events will take place behind closed doors, under measures being discussed by cabinet this afternoon.

RTÉ News understands that a decision has been made not to allow spectators at sporting fixtures.

This makes no sense to me at all, you can't go to match but can book a table and watch it in a crowed pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Will the 15 limit for outdoor events stop the club championships?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Will the 15 limit for outdoor events stop the club championships?

well I think it needs to be clarified. The 200 limit was supposed to include the players. Not possible to have a match if the total limit is 15!

well I think it needs to be clarified. The 200 limit was supposed to include the players. Not possible to have a match if the total limit is 15!

Think it's just been clarified that sport events take place without any spectators.

I think it will fall under the exception category like religious events are...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Think it's just been clarified that sport events take place without any spectators.

so the 15 are the management team, physios etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

People getting out of their faces in bars and hotels and no-one allowed watch a match!!!

Next time the state wants to do some virtue signalling, the GAA should tell them where to go.

Seems like some people want us to return to serf status.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    This is bullsh1t.

People getting p1ssed out of their faces in bars and hotels and no-one allowed watch a fkn match!!!

Next time the state wants to do some virtue signalling, the GAA should tell them where to go.

Seems like some people want us to return to serf status.

They can all they want now while watching the stream on the big screen while downing the pints with their €9 meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭arctictree

So my son is playing an u11 football match tonight. So I'm not allowed watch it?

• Advertisement

People don't mind tough decisions like this if there's logic, merit and/or common sense behind it, on all known evidence this decision lacks all 3 of the above...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

arctictree wrote: »
    So my son is playing an u11 football match tonight. So I'm not allowed watch it? They can go and f**k off!

Enjoy it! It will probably not kick in till midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

arctictree wrote: »
    So my son is playing an u11 football match tonight. So I'm not allowed watch it? They can go and f**k off!

If they switched the under 11 match to Greenland or Greece, all the parents could go and watch it then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Training restricted to 15? FFS. A full panel can't train together. Government are losing the good will big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

The training restriction is ludicrous, and in effect means that teams can no longer prepare properly.

The % of positive tests that lead to hospitalization, severe illness and death for age groups taking part in sport are tiny. It is unlikely either that elderly people with underlying conditions are going to be going to see club games.

Time to call a halt to this. If it is not going to go away then so be it. Can't close the country down for ever, or let it be run by medical bureaucrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭celt262

BPKS wrote: »
    If they switched the under 11 match to Greenland or Greece, all the parents could go and watch it then!!

Or Derrylin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭tanko

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Enjoy it! It will probably not kick in till midnight.

Kicks in immediately apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭franglan

Think most people appreciate some form of direction or even logic to decisions being made but this very much seems to be lacking. So from what I can gather max of 15 boys training together from same club but "sporting events" (matches) can continue. We can't train together but could play another team with 48 players minimum plus management there no bother. Perhaps they are looking to force the hand of sporting organisations to call off their respective competitons as this set-up of no group training but matches continuing is not sustainable. I can hear a statement from John Horan with bad news incoming...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The training restriction is ludicrous, and in effect means that teams can no longer prepare properly.

But matches can go ahead! Makes a whole load of sense. As an old fella said to me about crowd attendance, there will be a lot of fellas made selectors this evening.

• Advertisement

The % of positive tests that lead to hospitalization, severe illness and death for age groups taking part in sport are tiny. It is unlikely either that elderly people with underlying conditions are going to be going to see club games.

Time to call a halt to this. If it is not going to go away then so be it. Can't close the country down for ever, or let it be run by medical bureaucrats.

It’s not about everyone catching, it’s about everyone spreading it.

Advertisement