Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Power

Options
  • 15-08-2020 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

On Netflix now, probably the best netflix movie I have watched (thats not saying a lot).

Generally Netflix movies are average fare but Dominique Fishback ( a rapper seemingly) is very good in this, Foxx and Levitt are ok but the story is decent and action sequences are decent considering everyone can have superpowers.

Worth a watch.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Thought it was the perfect example of bang average myself like a lot of Netflix movies. Perfectly watchable but forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Watched in yesterday. We enjoyed it - took up a miserable Sunday afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭brevity

Yea it was grand. Some interesting effects etc. I thought the young girl in it was good.
    i thought that instead of giving her money for her mothers surgery, they might have paid a visit to her mother and fix her diabetes with Tracy's magic powers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

It felt very like a straight to video job. Not up there with some of Netflix' better films.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

One of the dullest things I've watched in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kinda reminds me of Fantastic Four mixed with Limitless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Watched it last night. Up there with the very worst films I've seen. Presume it was a big budget film but it looks like a straight to TV or dvd job. Acting atrocious and no story line that I could see anyway. Nonsense. Only I was hungover and the remote fell away from me it would have been off in 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Awful for me just so boring, A lot better Netflix branded films out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭circadian

This was poor and I was expecting more considering it has a half decent cast. Story is all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

The initial idea had me intrigued from the off. But the novelty wears off fairly quickly and turned into the run-of-the-mill usual sh!te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Delta2113

A guy running around on fire and then pops a few more pills into his mouth from his hand.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

My thoughts from the Netflix Recs thread:

"I stuck on Project Power bexause I generally like Joseph Gordon Levitt, and it was forgettably average. I'm not much of a fan of Jamie Foxx, which doesn't help, although Dominique Fishback puts in a good turn and Levitt is always at least watchable. The main problem with it, really, is that it's trying to do in a single film something that would be better as a series or miniseries (and would benefit from much better writing, tbh). As it is, you get something with a few entertaining notions for superpowers and a gimmick with a lot of potential that instead plays out in the most obvious and predictable way.

Personally I have higher hopes for the upcoming German superhero film, Freaks (not the 2018 film), which Netflix announced recently."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Terrible film, what was with that rapping sh1te?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

Awful film. Skip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I liked that you saw the effects of their powers on the body before you saw their power including the 'big bad' at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Anyone ever listen to the podcast, The Q & A with Jeff Goldsmith?

The writer of this was on a couple of days ago, and he was waxing lyrical about the films themes and how relevant they were, etc.

Maybe his original script was better than t he end product, but I think there might be some level of delusion going on.

He did mention that he doesn't tend to outline his scripts. Sounds about right :rolleyes:

Advertisement