Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investing in a global equity fund

Options
  • 11-08-2020 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Forgive my ignorance on this. Lately I have been listening to a Finance podcast that encourages investing money on a monthly basis in a global equity fund.

Although they give clear advice on checking the charges they don't actually suggest where on how to invest. Any thoughts or what to invest in? I'm just looking to earn more than regular bank deposit. I'd like to put a small amount away (€300) but to do this for 15 to 20 years.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Neames wrote: »
    Hi,

Forgive my ignorance on this. Lately I have been listening to a Finance podcast that encourages investing money on a monthly basis in a global equity fund.

Although they give clear advice on checking the charges they don't actually suggest where on how to invest. Any thoughts or what to invest in? I'm just looking to earn more than regular bank deposit. I'd like to put a small amount away (€300) but to do this for 15 to 20 years.

Any suggestions?

Vanguard ETF via Degiro, lowest fees. This is the best you’ll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Neames wrote: »
    Hi,

Any suggestions?

The following commission free ETFs are available on Degiro and appear to suit your requirement. Probably more as well.
    HSBC MSCI World ETF (Distributing) IE00B4X9L533, TER 0.15%
    iShares Core MSCI World ETF (Accumulating) IE00B4L5Y983, TER 0.2%
    Vanguard FTSE All-World ETF (Distributing), IE00B3RBWM25, TER 0.25%

To buy commission free on DeGiro you need to follow the following conditions:

Every calendar month, the first trade executed in an ETF of the "Free ETF Selection" is free of charge
    regardless of size and direction as long as it does not lead to a short position. The following trades
    made in that same instrument during the same calendar month will also be free as long as:
    • the trade is in the same direction (i.e. buy/sell) as the first trade made that month in that instrument
    and
    • the order value is greater than 1000 EUR (or USD)
    As soon as an opposite trade is executed in the same instrument within the same calendar month, the
    rule no longer applies to that instrument and regular fees will be charged.
    Please note that some ETFs may be listed on multiple exchanges and that it is only the exchange listed
    below which is commission free. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the ETF is listed on the
    correct exchange to benefit from the commission free trading.
    If you have any questions please contact customer service by telephone: +353 (0)1513 4951 or via
    email: clients@degiro.ie

DYOR of course
    https://indexfundinvestor.eu/2019/07/04/what-are-the-best-commission-free-etfs-in-degiro/

Advertisement