Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2015 Nissan leaf battery degradation

Options
  • 14-08-2020 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hello I wonder if anyone could advise me if the degradation on my leaf 24 kWh is normal.we bought the car at the end of January this year and on good advice I got obd2 and leafspy at that point battery showed 90.3 soh. Two days ago I lost first bar so it's down to 11 the Soh showed 83.78 soh.

Its seems quite a drop.The only thing was I had disconnected the 12v battery following the rules in workshop manual . To fit rear parking sensors. The bar dropped the day after.

Is this loss normal for a leaf thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

whats on the clock?
    what did leaf spy tell you about the number of fast charges inflicted on the battery before you got it?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Peter mx5

whats on the clock?
    what did leaf spy tell you about the number of fast charges inflicted on the battery before you got it?

It has 69668km on it and 154 quick charges and 1629 l1 l2 charges

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Peter mx5 wrote: »
    Hello I wonder if anyone could advise me if the degradation on my leaf 24 kWh is normal.we bought the car at the end of January this year and on good advice I got obd2 and leafspy at that point battery showed 90.3 soh. Two days ago I lost first bar so it's down to 11 the Soh showed 83.78 soh.

Its seems quite a drop.The only thing was I had disconnected the 12v battery following the rules in workshop manual . To fit rear parking sensors. The bar dropped the day after.

Is this loss normal for a leaf thanks in advance.

84% is in the right ball park for a 2015.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

AFAIK the battery BMS can be reset so it will show high state of health for a week or two then rapidly move down to where it should be at. Sneaky.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    AFAIK the battery BMS can be reset so it will show high state of health for a week or two then rapidly move down to where it should be at. Sneaky.

I hope it hasn't. That is a real worry for us as this was going to be our last car as we are both elderly. The loss has happened over 7 months though hope fully it will settle. I did notice the range loss was noticeable over the last couple of weeks. Surely though there must be laws against fiddling battery health

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

I wouldn’t worry that the seller messed with the SOH, it’s perfectly feasible it was 90% at the time but 83% is also not horrific for that mileage. Note it does go up and down quite a bit depending on how you’ve been charging it etc.

Take a look in LeafSpy just to make sure there isn’t a faulty cell or something, but after that I’d suggest just enjoying the car and not worrying about it.

Thanks for that zenith feel a bit better about it now we have been charging to 80 percent from about 20 percent and maybe to 100 percent once a week. We were using the free points until the charges came in. Since then we have used granny lead as we are still waiting for electric Ireland to come and fit charge point and night meter.

Advertisement