Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Bit too soon for this.
    We don't even know the full lineup of teams as yet.

Will re-open when fixtures/FPL site goes live.

Mid/end of august is plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

GW1 starting Saturday 12th Sept but there is a 30 day gap agreed for all teams between seasons.
    After last nights Europa win MUFC can't play their first league game now until 16th September.
    City can't play their first game until 14th Sept.

City could also play in the semi final (19th) and Final (23rd), pushing their EPL season back to the 18th or 22nd.
    MUFC could play in final (21st) pushing their EPL start back to 20th.

So a big chance either team don't have a GW1 fixture, possibly even GW2. Leading to an early DGW.

Wolves also involved, playing Sevilla tonight and if they win the same logic as applies to MUFC above applies to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭jaykay74

PL gameweek dates announced.
    The Premier League can today reveal the scheduled dates for the 2020/21 season.

The new campaign will start on the weekend of Saturday 12 September, and will end on Sunday 23 May.

The full fixture schedule, detailing all 380 Premier League matches, will be released no later than Friday 21 August.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1752553?sf236780879=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

jaykay74 wrote: »

Well, GW18 and 19 will be fun!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Benimar wrote: »

Thats going to be interesting! What week does the cup normally start? With 19 starting before 18 is finished kind of screws things like knock outs and last longer etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Another view of the season with cups and international breaks added in. :)

https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1293885406400962567?s=20

EfTN0PmXsAM6SQb?format=png&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭893bet

January, April and May are busy months!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

Benimar wrote: »

I presume they will have to split 18a and 18b as two separate weeks in FPL. Two weeks with half the teams playing each week. Free hits, Wildcards etc will come into play those weeks.

touts wrote: »
    I presume they will have to split 18a and 18b as two separate weeks in FPL. Two weeks with half the teams playing each week. Free hits, Wildcards etc will come into play those weeks.

That would be interesting a 39 week season would certainly change things up a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Chips are gonna be massive factor this season. It seems like holding on to chips might be wise even if there are blanks and doubles at the start.

The season is so packed with the Euros bookending it what is going to happen if there are virus outbreaks among squads or lockdowns in other European countries that mean CL and EL games get rescheduled?

I played/wasted my wildcard the week of lockdown this season which screwed me when it reopened - kind of takes the fun out of it but is predicting the future COVID wise a necessary skill this season?

I also saw something saying the other day saying the league positions would be considering valid if a minimum of 19 games were played - in that case using up all your chips early might be the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Does anyone know if you can change the email address associated with your fpl account?

I no longer have access to the email account I signed up with.

I can screenshot my history so not the end of the world, but will be a bit of a pain getting codes for my mini leagues again.

Anyway to do it before I sign up with a new email, don't want to forget my fpl password midseason and have no access to the recovery email address?

Chips are gonna be massive factor this season. It seems like holding on to chips might be wise even if there are blanks and doubles at the start.

The season is so packed with the Euros bookending it what is going to happen if there are virus outbreaks among squads or lockdowns in other European countries that mean CL and EL games get rescheduled?

I played/wasted my wildcard the week of lockdown this season which screwed me when it reopened - kind of takes the fun out of it but is predicting the future COVID wise a necessary skill this season?

I also saw something saying the other day saying the league positions would be considering valid if a minimum of 19 games were played - in that case using up all your chips early might be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The best chip to use to take advantage off the blank/singles might just be your early wildcard. Let’s see how it all works when the fixtures come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Decided to play the FanTeam game for the 1st time this season. €25 to enter a team. Game is rather similar to FPL, minus bonus points and chips, and one or two other minor differences. Had to enter my team via www.bethard.com (betting site) since the official FanTeam site doesn't allow entries from Ireland... (FanTeam support on twitter advised me to enter via bethard)

Anyway it'll be interesting to play it. Prize pool is massive this year: €1M total on offer this year between all the prizes, with €200k for the winner

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

manual_man wrote: »
    Decided to play the FanTeam game for the 1st time this season. €25 to enter a team. Game is rather similar to FPL, minus bonus points and chips, and one or two other minor differences. Had to enter my team via www.bethard.com (betting site) since the official FanTeam site doesn't allow entries from Ireland... (FanTeam support on twitter advised me to enter via bethard)

Anyway it'll be interesting to play it. Prize pool is massive this year: €1M total on offer this year between all the prizes, with €200k for the winner

Will they give it to you if they don't allow entries from Ireland if you win?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Even though they suggest using Bethard, will they pay if an Irish person were lucky skillful enough to win?

Well it was the fanteam official support who directed me there so i don't see it would be problem. Fanteam probably has some agreement in place with Bethard in order to overcome the license issues fanteam has in relation to some countries

shineon23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can change the email address associated with your fpl account?

I no longer have access to the email account I signed up with.

I can screenshot my history so not the end of the world, but will be a bit of a pain getting codes for my mini leagues again.

Anyway to do it before I sign up with a new email, don't want to forget my fpl password midseason and have no access to the recovery email address?

Early days it wasn't possible. I signed up with a work email at the start and had to lose my first couple of years when I changed to my current email. Things may have changed since then but its not something I've looked to do since then. Must be somewhere in your profile to do it surely these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Not sure you need access to the email account? I've been using the same old one for years I just have the email address and just keep the password to hand and I've never had a problem. You can turn off the communications anyway iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FPL Twitter seems to think they’ll be leaking out a few prices today.

• Advertisement

Ima guess 11.5 for Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Kdb 11.5!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I wonder will the site go live with the new season today or will they wait for fixtures next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Salah's price due to be revealed in the next few minutes.

Salah £12m (midfielder)

Salah £12m (midfielder)

Hardly going to be anyone more expensive than him?

Will anyone match him even? Auba as a mid maybe?

Hardly going to be anyone more expensive than him?

Will anyone match him even? Auba as a mid maybe?
    I doubt Auba will be a mid. But yeah 12m looks to be the most expensive of any player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Salah was 12.5 last season wasn't he?

Advertisement