Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draftkings golf

Comments

Also have him in a few teams but always feel dodgy putting him in, he epitomises a hot and cold player, could be 7 over or under tomorrow!

Yea he deffo is but he does a lot of things pretty decent that you'd want on this course, he'd have to drive the ball well though for a frl bet, but ya you'd never feel safe with him until his round is over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Just 2 entries in the $5 for me with very limited research. Need to start putting a bit more time/effort in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Entered the big one. After telling myself I’d only do the @nagelbagels listener league!

Webb, Kisner, Moore, Bezuidenhout, Norlander, Zhang

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Shot tracker slow as fook again for everyone else? I expected it to be back to normal this week after the USPGA.

I downloaded the PGA app. Is that the same one for shot tracker?
    Why oh why didn’t I draft HV3??

• Advertisement

CMcsporty wrote: »
    I downloaded the PGA app. Is that the same one for shot tracker?
    Why oh why didn’t I draft HV3??

PGA Tour App , yes.

Good start for Varner alright! I've made a decent start myself but JT Poston is currently torpedo-ing a few good teams!

PGA Tour App , yes.

Good start for Varner alright! I've made a decent start myself but JT Poston is currently torpedo-ing a few good teams!

I think I need to revise my strategy for these events.
    Need to bring in a few more from the mid 6k range.

I think I need to revise my strategy for these events.
    Need to bring in a few more from the mid 6k range.

Depends on the field strength, in majors, WGC's etc.. you will find decent/good players in 6m/7m range on a regular event like this week, there would be slim enough pickings tbh! When you put in 20-40 teams like I have been, then yea I can pick a few lads from that range and spread them around and hope some of them have a good event as you know you can't rely on alot of them to play well

Been a while since my weeks been over Thursday morning,

Best of luck with it lads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Bit the bullet and entered 3 teams across two different contests for the weekend.

No Simpson, Reed or Casey in any of my teams.

Gona dip my toes and see how it goes

• Advertisement

One decent team on the go but killed by willett missing the cut.

I have 5 teams through with 6/6, somewhat of a sweat for the weekend....

Had 4 players miss the cut by one Stanley (DB the last), Reavie (DB the last), Moore & Lee both bogeying the last! It can be cruel, Stanley hurt me the most as I had a nice team going with him... Reed, English, Kim, Gooch, Lewis!

I have 5 teams through with 6/6, somewhat of a sweat for the weekend....

Had 4 players miss the cut by one Stanley (DB the last), Reavie (DB the last), Moore & Lee both bogeying the last! It can be cruel, Stanley hurt me the most as I had a nice team going with him... Reed, English, Kim, Gooch, Lewis!

That's a sickener.

qwabercd wrote: »
    That's a sickener.

Yup, but I suppose I neglected the fact that I had a couple of heroes also like Cam Davis making the cut after being +4 after 2 holes and Armour shooting -6 yesterday after being +3 after 18.

Hopefully it evens itself out, but the double bogeying the last to miss cuts has happened a few times lately!

Had Herman in my team and still ended up in over 1300th

Tough game!

Well, are we playing this week?

I have 20 x $3 $200k contest

I have 20 x $4 $25k contest

Also just put all 40 teams into the $50k mini max, 50c per team.

Will also stick 4 or 5 teams in the $8 Euro contest

Frustratingly I only broke even for the week, there was times when I was up $4k, Saturday was a bad day, I had lots of players that finished well but my line up generator just didn't spit out the right combination at all, it was close to a good week though!

Also my best team cashed for $50 in the 200k contest but would have got $300 in the $25k contest, It was completely random which 20 teams I put in each comp! SO i lost a coin flip there!

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Had Herman in my team and still ended up in over 1300th

Tough game!

That was a great pick!
    Where did the inspiration come from?

I’m done and dusted with Ryan Moore!
    Must add him to the list of Do NOT Play:
    1. McIlroy 2. Casey 3. RCB 4. Billy Ho 5. Rory Sabb 6. Glover 7. Hoff 8. Matsuyama 9.Sergio

That was a great pick!
    Where did the inspiration come from?

Just to clarify it wasnt from the start, I only got involved for the weekend part but of the cheaper options I thought he was the most likely to go low over the weekend he was playing well from what I had saw the previous couple of days. Wasnt expecting 61 and 63 type of low though

https://ie.draftkings.com/draft/contest/89727935

Link to the pat mayo listener league.

15 in, no rake, great payout structure and fills fast.

• Advertisement

https://ie.draftkings.com/draft/contest/89727935

Link to the pat mayo listener league.

15 in, no rake, great payout structure and fills fast.

I've avoided playing that myself, its good that its rake free but I presume anyone playing it would obviously be listening to his show and be clued up to the game somewhat, so the field would be potentially a shark fest, maybe I'm overthinking it though.

Gonna give a bash at entering 20 teams in the $3 this week. No fantasy national sub yet so will have to rely on the old fashioned excel to generate teams. How many players would ye typically have in your pool for entering 20 teams? And for your main fancies how many teams would ye usually put these in?

I've avoided playing that myself, its good that its rake free but I presume anyone playing it would obviously be listening to his show and be clued up to the game somewhat, so the field would be potentially a shark fest, maybe I'm overthinking it though.

Ya I know what you mean alright, I just take it as he is popular and there usually is enough people in the world to make.this things profitable,

But ya I guess yiu don't get the complete duds. You might in other tournaments,

Gonna give a bash at entering 20 teams in the $3 this week. No fantasy national sub yet so will have to rely on the old fashioned excel to generate teams. How many players would ye typically have in your pool for entering 20 teams? And for your main fancies how many teams would ye usually put these in?

It actually kinda depends how heavy you are on your core guys, like if you were 100 on 3 dudes you would end up scattering a lot of picks around in the other positions.

That's been hyper aggressive and something I wouldn't do although I tend to nudge quite high on a few guys most weeks.

But if you have a core 6 8 guys you want to be trying to match the field owned percentage on them or getting above it.

You can actually look at what the big players do in the milly and a few other tournaments in the links I posted above on fantasy labs, to get an idea what the big boys are at.

Once you aren't spreading around your picks too much and being underweight on everyone you should be fine though.

It's hard to give and exact number as everyone is different in how much varience they want in there lives, I tend towards the more aggressive side personally.

How long is a piece of string basically, totally player dependant on what you want to do! I'd suggest less is more tbh.

I was guilty of trying to get too many players in my teams to cover all angles but it doesn't really work out. Your best bet imo as Mick already suggested would be to pick a core group of players, maybe 3 or 4 that you really fancy and work them in to most of your 20 teams, the popular players most weeks would range from 20-25%(approx) ownership, so the key thing would be to make sure you have them in more teams than their ownership, so that if they play well you have the upper hand on the field, up to yourself how agressive you wanna get, it's risk reward just like a driveable par 4! If you put a player in 60-70 or even 100% of teams and he misses the cut then that amount of teams are immediately fcked!

Personally this week I'm entering 40 teams again 20 x $4 and 20 x $2 contests, I have 32 players in total, it's hard to get too aggressive this week imo as the field is so stacked, so I have 4 core players in 35% of my teams, that's as risky as I'm prepared to go! I've a couple of low priced guys in approx 20% of teams, Most of my other players are either good players who are slightly above their ownershiip projection or else low priced guys spread around as I'm not comfortable having such donkeys in too many teams!

It would be nice to have everyone covered but unfortunately you have to fade big names as you can't get them all in! Notable absentees for me this week are.... Brooks, Simpson, Rory, Rose, Cantlay, Tiger among others!
    Ya I know what you mean alright, I just take it as he is popular and there usually is enough people in the world to make.this things profitable,

But ya I guess yiu don't get the complete duds. You might in other tournaments,

Don't mind me, I just stuck 1 team in for a laugh!

Might I also add, I have chosen the $2 and $4 contests this week due to their field size, I'm trying to play with smaller fields, think there's like 9k in these, very hard in the bigger ones with 100k in them to make a decent cash imo.

Still getting the hang of this so a couple $5 single entry tourney for me

After playing Henley pretty much every week from the restart im dropping him this week, its just his long irons arent great and he is back on a bad enough putting surface for him. Not loving it but dropped a lot of shares of him from the PGA because of that also, was high on him last week.

Im also pretty much all in on bryson this week, he just gains so much OTT and on the green, his irons from where they will be hitting on par 3s is very good (16 holes over a tournament if he makes the cut) 3 par 5s which will put him in similar ranges and a driveable par 4.

8 holes where you might consider him the best in the field.

Has yet to get hot with his irons this year since the restart at least and it should happen for an upper tier player eventually

Also number 1 in birdie or better conversion rate, now thats still a putting stat (high variance stat) but one I think helps show the psychology side of putting

Ive come back and forth on lots of guys, i'll be heavy enough on day, wolf.

Quite like Byeung An, just wish his long irons where better this season but they have been good on previous years and his putting is trending very well, also he has had an outlier number of big numbers recently if you look back through his score cards, which is something i like, 1 its not normal for any tour professional and 2 has made him look worse from a glance then i feel he's been playing.

Adam Schenk Im rounding out a few teams with, mainly based on his longer irons (when i say long irons i mean distance from green as opposed to clubs)

Also have some straka, stallings and a touch of hoge down here

After playing Henley pretty much every week from the restart im dropping him this week, its just his long irons arent great and he is back on a bad enough putting surface for him. Not loving it but dropped a lot of shares of him from the PGA because of that also, was high on him last week.

Im also pretty much all in on bryson this week, he just gains so much OTT and on the green, his irons from where they will be hitting on par 3s is very good (16 holes over a tournament if he makes the cut) 3 par 5s which will put him in similar ranges and a driveable par 4.

8 holes where you might consider him the best in the field.

Has yet to get hot with his irons this year since the restart at least and it should happen for an upper tier player eventually

Also number 1 in birdie or better conversion rate, now thats still a putting stat (high variance stat) but one I think helps show the psychology side of putting

Ive come back and forth on lots of guys, i'll be heavy enough on day, wolf.

Quite like Byeung An, just wish his long irons where better this season but they have been good on previous years and his putting is trending very well, also he has had an outlier number of big numbers recently if you look back through his score cards, which is something i like, 1 its not normal for any tour professional and 2 has made him look worse from a glance then i feel he's been playing.

Adam Schenk Im rounding out a few teams with, mainly based on his longer irons (when i say long irons i mean distance from green as opposed to clubs)

Also have some straka, stallings and a touch of hoge down here

Gulp!!

My core consists of Bryson, Day, Wolff and Finau! So we are both fcked!

When you say all in on Bryson, how much exactly? you going 100, how many teams ye got etc.... I've had Staka a fair bit the last few comps, missing the cut last week hurt me! So I've ditched him! I'm liking Burns and Davis from the lower range!

• Advertisement

Gulp!!

My core consists of Bryson, Day, Wolff and Finau! So we are both fcked!

When you say all in on Bryson, how much exactly? you going 100, how many teams ye got etc.... I've had Staka a fair bit the last few comps, missing the cut last week hurt me! So I've ditched him! I'm liking Burns and Davis from the lower range!

Ha! Bryson, Wolff and Finau here also!
    Not settling on Tony yet.
    Any thoughts on a pivot to Tiger? He played well T2G at PGA.

Advertisement