Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Bowie wrote: »
    You've 9, so close. What do I win? :rolleyes:

Throw a few more made up allegations and more insults and you'll be top dog in no time.
    Not sure what any of your personalised slurs have to do with FG, but that's the point isn't it?

Mod: Pot, meet kettle....

Everybody, quit it with the personalised responses and discuss the actual topic. If not, I'll start removing posters who don't from the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Check it out with the boy, Stanley, my friend.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-féin-apologises-as-member-resigns-over-social-media-abuse-1.4326902

What in heck’s name is all this about??

Hopefully nobody........ well I’ll leave it at that...
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/pac-chair-accused-of-basic-error-on-dail-rent-cost-claims-39440088.html

Oh dear, the boy Stanley not having a good start is seems.

These lads seem to have a poor understanding of fiscal matters.

Uhmm......

Sorry, is this still the FG thread:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McMurphy wrote: »
    Sorry, is this still the FG thread:confused:

What does a ‘Fine Gael’ thread mean.

A thread where everyone lies down and watches as posters lash into FG, with no recourse to reply on their behaviour?

Would it mean that I am driving at 100 km down a 30 km road and a lad stops me and rightly gives me a dressing down.

Next day I see that same lad driving at 110 km down an 30km road and I can’t refer to that.

Would you ever have sense.

What does a ‘Fine Gael’ thread mean.

A thread where everyone lies down and watches as posters lash into FG, with no recourse to reply on their behaviour?

Would it mean that I am driving at 100 km down a 30 km road and a lad stops me and rightly gives me a dressing down.

Next day I see that same lad driving at 110 km down an 30km road and I can’t refer to that.

Would you ever have sense.

The clue is in the name - there's many a SF thread to post about Stanley or whatever, many. I get it, SF as the main opposition party may come up in a thread discussing FG, but we least have some context behind them.

As it stands, you have just did the equivalent of blindly walking into a thread about Sega's/Blur/Man UTD and just keep blindly posting stuff about Nintendo's/Oasis/Liverpool.

You're not posting in context, just posting SF related stuff with no substance nor context behind it.

There's plenty of SF related threads without you lot wanting to turn an actual FG related thread into an SF one too. Marking the card, so to speak, pointing it out is all.

Do they have you that rattled, dude?

The clue is in the name - there's many a SF thread to post about Stanley or whatever, many. I get it, SF as the main opposition party may come up in a thread discussing FG, but we least have some context behind them.

As it stands, you have just did the equivalent of blindly walking into a thread about Sega's/Blur/Man UTD and just keep blindly posting stuff about Nintendo's/Oasis/Liverpool.

You're not posting in context, just posting SF related stuff with no substance nor context behind it.

There's plenty of SF related threads without you lot wanting to turn an actual FG related thread into an SF one too. Marking the card, so to speak, pointing it out is all.

Do I look rattled?

Lookit my friend, I dislike being told how a thread operates by a vested interest participant dislike it intensely.

There are many fine mods on this thread and if a senior person tells me either publicly or by private means that I am acting against the rules of the site and abusing the system, I will immediately withdraw from the thread.

Until then I will carry on as I am doing, debating the issues, pointing to the actions of others as examplers of where they transgress to counterpoint their accusations.

I mean it’s perfectly simple.

You can’t accuse others of poor admin. and try to bar any examples of poor admin from your side.

Poor admin is poor admin, a chara.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Dude, you think more about FG than any party member does. They are living rent free inside your head. The Bailey thread nearly broke you.

Still in power, and still calling the shots. Nice one.

Dude, you think more about FG than any party member does. They are living rent free inside your head. The Bailey thread nearly broke you.

Still in power, and still calling the shots. Nice one.

Dude, the Bailey topic was a fairly contentious one at the time, probably unprecedented imo, its not everyday you have a political party pontificating about "fraud costing us all" while one of its own TDs, with one of its minister's legally representing them, embarked on a fairly dodgy claim, of which an internal inquiry conducted by their own found they had "overstated the extent of their injuries" (that's lied dude)

The only thing almost broke with me on that thread, was my hole, from laughing at the piss constantly being ripped from the highfalutin.

I remember a few lads trying to handwave it all away and dismiss the whole thing. Remind me how that fared out, dude?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I brought it up because SF are consistently outpolling FG including in the actual elections (you know the ones that matter most?) With a clear trend emerging, of which I linked to a few posts ago, and you didn't acknowledge.

Why, if FG are doing such a stellar job is my question?

Are the plebs not getting the party message loud and clear, and failing to get with the program?

How are SF outpolling FG in the actual elections? They had a disastrously poor showing in the local election and only got a couple of seats more in the general election against FG who have been in charge for two terms.

Apart from FG currently outpolling SF due to the stellar performance of the government with the Covid pandemic, I find it mildly amusing that until now, SF and it's stalwarts kept on referring to FFG as an entity. But we don't hear much of that now they seem to think that they won the election and have been somehow denied a chance to run the country. It doesn't suit the narrative to point out that "FFG" is twice as popular as SF.

And currently FG, on their own, are way ahead in comparison. FF have been hit by the likes of the Cowen story and Sf have had several mishaps. I doubt if they'd get as lucky now in another election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

How are SF outpolling FG in the actual elections? They had a disastrously poor showing in the local election and only got a couple of seats more in the general election against FG who have been in charge for two terms.

Apart from FG currently outpolling SF due to the stellar performance of the government with the Covid pandemic, I find it mildly amusing that until now, SF and it's stalwarts kept on referring to FFG as an entity. But we don't hear much of that now they seem to think that they won the election and have been somehow denied a chance to run the country. It doesn't suit the narrative to point out that "FFG" is twice as popular as SF.

And currently FG, on their own, are way ahead in comparison. FF have been hit by the likes of the Cowen story and Sf have had several mishaps. I doubt if they'd get as lucky now in another election.

Did you find Leo quoting films in an address about covid mildly amusing?
     Ireland's 14-day incidence of Covid-19 cases per 100,000 now higher than the UK - ECDC

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0810/1158251-coronavirus-masks-mandatory/

The covid bump has likely passed. "We're all in this together" never rang true coming from FG. Not their style.
    As it says on FG's campaign literature, 'Not the worst', but hardly 'stellar.

In my opinion Jim, the SF lads don’t want to be in power.

They are quite content the snipe from the ditches, draw the wedge, and roar and shout histrionically purely for show.

They only have three or four nationally known ‘faces’ who ‘might ‘ be able to handle national issues, the rest are just gumshoes who plod the ground working on local issues.

Calling for more money for everything is their main policy and I fear should they (unlikely as it is) get power the sources of finance will dry up kinda rapid.

Pie in the Sky is their main plank and rhetoric, most of it vacuous and idealistic.

Even the hard core in here don’t really believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Did you find Leo quoting films in an address about covid mildly amusing?

The covid bump has likely passed. "We're all in this together" never rang true coming from FG. Not their style.
    As it says on FG's campaign literature, 'Not the worst', but hardly 'stellar.

Think they'd have learned from HepC, Harris will do time for nursing home clusters, one health scandal to far.

Think they'd have learned from HepC, Harris will do time for nursing home clusters, one health scandal to far.

Why Harris and not the nursing home owners?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Because they contacting him well in advance saying they weren't prepared. Couldn't get hold of him. M.I.A.

smurgen wrote: »
    Because they contacting him well in advance saying they weren't prepared. Couldn't get hold of him. M.I.A.

And.....who’s fault was it that they weren’t prepared?
    How well in advance did they know about the pandemic?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

And.....who’s fault was it that they weren’t prepared?
    How well in advance did they know about the pandemic?

Ah yes Simon done a great job as Health Minister, even managed to get the Govt brought down

He even managed to ignore emails from Nursing Homes but you won't admit that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Refused to test patients sent from hospitals for a start. FG have caused unnecessary death and suffering in the health system for decades ,Its time to say "Stop",

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1293663127809204233?s=19

Oh Jesus, Leo must have been on the sauce in the park with his mates tonight.

Leo putting his new shoes in his mouth. What a buffoon.

Ward defended himself well and then Leo made a balls of it.

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1293663127809204233?s=19

Oh Jesus, Leo must have been on the sauce in the park with his mates tonight.

Haha it reads like he tweeted from the wrong twitter account,morto. Sounds like Trump in that tweet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,579 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Leo putting his new shoes in his mouth. What a buffoon.

Ward defended himself well and then Leo made a balls of it.

Can you explain what he said incorrectly that deserved him to be to be called a buffoon by yourself?

• Advertisement

john4321 wrote: »
    Can you explain what he said incorrectly that deserved him to be to be called a buffoon by yourself?

This:
    If you are white, male or even worse middle-class, Sinn Féin doesn’t want you. So much for an ‘Ireland of equals’

You see your wan was trying, poorly, to suggest a white middle class Male can't know what it's like to be a minority etc.
    Ward shut her down very well speaking on his career to date as a public representative.
    Then Leo tweeted the above. Completely missing the mark and making an arse of himself.
    You're welcome ;)

It's in the tweet bro.

Are you seriously suggesting the shinners don't want never mind have male voters whom may be white and "middle class"?

Think about your reply before hitting the "submit button" - this is not the hill you need to die on, dude. (Do people still say dude :confused: trying to stay hip and with it here)

This:

"If you are white, male or even worse middle-class, Sinn Féin doesn’t want you. So much for an ‘Ireland of equals’"

You see your wan was trying, poorly, to suggest a white middle class Male can't know what it's like to be a minority etc.
    Ward shut her down very well speaking on his career to date as a public representative.
    Then Leo tweeted the above. Completely missing the mark and making an arse of himself.
    You're welcome ;)

Firstly referring to the senator as "your wan" is a strange stance to take for me.

Glad you were able to see that the other Senator was able to counter her soundbite which is clearly shown during the debate.

My question was why you decided to pick on a Tweet from the former Taoiseach and call him a buffoon?

It's in the tweet bro.

Are you seriously suggesting the shinners don't want never mind have male voters whom may be white and "middle class"?

Think about your reply before hitting the "submit button" - this is not the hill you need to die on, dude. (Do people still say dude :confused: trying to stay hip and with it here)

Firstly where did I ever suggest that? I was just replying to another poster.

Secondly what was all that about? Think about posting before replying? Hill to die on?

Can you explain what I did to deserve these allegations?

Firstly referring to the senator as "your wan" is a strange stance to take for me.

Glad you were able to see that the other Senator was able to counter her soundbite which is clearly shown during the debate.

My question was why you decided to pick on a Tweet from the former Taoiseach and call him a buffoon?

Don't recall her name. Only know Ward because it's in the tweet title. I'm from Dublin, 'your wan' is a common term like 'your man'.

Not at all, I'm glad you understand now I've pointed it out to you.

You should have stated that.
    Same as you, because someone posted it in a discussion thread.

Go away and have a think and take another stab.

Poor Leo will be in trouble over this by lunchtime tomorrow, he reckons Sinn Féin don't want white middle class males.

We have had posters here slaggong Mary Lou for been a white middle class female.

Sinn Féin must now be seen as a Feminist Party or something.

FG are rattled, have a go at SF when things are going bad in full force

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Refused to test patients sent from hospitals for a start. FG have caused unnecessary death and suffering in the health system for decades ,Its time to say "Stop",

OK.

Altogether now!

"STOOOOP"

*Utopia ensues*

Poor Leo will be in trouble over this by lunchtime tomorrow, he reckons Sinn Féin don't want white middle class males.

We have had posters here slaggong Mary Lou for been a white middle class female.

Sinn Féin must now be seen as a Feminist Party or something.

FG are rattled, have a go at SF when things are going bad in full force

All the calls of populist politics now made absolutely hypocritical after the trumping identity politics introduced by Leo last night. People ain't happy!

https://twitter.com/suedepyjamas/status/1293671911910789122?s=19

The twitter machine and the wireless commentators ain't happy this morning.

Lot of anger out there today.

Some dudes better stay away for a while....

• Advertisement

Firstly where did I ever suggest that? I was just replying to another poster.

Oh, my bad. I obviously thought when you posted this.

That you didn't think Leo was incorrect to tweet it, and wasn't coming across as a buffoon.

Did you think he was correct, or what was the point of even posting that? Can you explain?

Advertisement