Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ingress Prime

Options
  • 01-08-2020 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I've played this game for a few years now and I find it really enjoyable. If you like mobile gaming or augmented reality games you will probably enjoy this. The game is made by Niantic and it predates Pokemon Go. You wont be running around catching creatures (Pokemon) though.

The game is more strategical and is based around controlling real world locations. There are two teams which compete to control the most area.

It will have you exploring beautiful places you wouldn't have otherwise.

The player base in Ireland is maybe only a couple of hundred people and there is a good community on Telegram. The game isn't really played by teenagers, more people from their mid-tweentys - fifties. The game is very popular in mainland Europe and worldwide.

So if anyone is interested, read up on it or give it a try. You will probably struggle figuring out what you have to do at first, there are plenty of videos online and or ask me and ill get you into a Telegram group!

Its available on the app-store/play-store

https://www.ingress.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Jokes about mobile 'gaming' aside I looked at Ingress and found it all a bit of a pointless endeavour. You take some points, you lose points and for nothing. It's definitely a social thing to get involved with if that's your bag or maybe even a vague fitness element to get you out and about but there's no real driving force otherwise. At least with Pokemon which is equally crap imo you get to collect things for your effort. In Ingress you'll capture/attack points and just wake up the next morning to find all your work undone by the other 'team'.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭xvril

Jokes about mobile 'gaming' aside I looked at Ingress and found it all a bit of a pointless endeavour. You take some points, you lose points and for nothing. It's definitely a social thing to get involved with if that's your bag or maybe even a vague fitness element to get you out and about but there's no real driving force otherwise. At least with Pokemon which is equally crap imo you get to collect things for your effort. In Ingress you'll capture/attack points and just wake up the next morning to find all your work undone by the other 'team'.

If your work was undone by the other team that quickly perhaps your portals were too easily accessible.

There is a lot of strategy, you would end up on boat trips to capture hard to get portals but its all fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

xvril wrote: »
    If your work was undone by the other team that quickly perhaps your portals were too easily accessible.

There is a lot of strategy, you would end up on boat trips to capture hard to get portals but its all fun.

Yeah no.

Advertisement