Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pearl jam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Pearl Jam released the uncensored version of their “Jeremy” video for the first time Friday to mark National Gun Violence Awareness Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

Anyone see the concert that is supposed to be on Amazon prime tonight?
    Anyone know if this will be available in Ireland. I'm looking into it now but there's nothing advertised.
    I'll post a link if I can.
    https://allinwa.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ILikeBoats wrote: »

Is Stone playing Bass in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Yeah he is, and Jeff playing rhythm guitar.....the album version was recorded that way too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Euro tour announced, no Dublin or London / Hyde park dates (yet):

DATE CITY VENUE
    June 16*** Amsterdam, Holland Ziggo Dome
    June 17*** Amsterdam, Holland Ziggo Dome
    June 20 Landgraaf, Holland Pinkpop Festival**
    June 23 Berlin, Germany Waldbuhne
    June 26 Imola, Italy Autodromo Internazionale
    Enzo e Dino Ferrari
    June 29 Zurich, Switzerland Hallenstadion
    July 1 Werchter, Belgium Rock Werchter Festival**
    July 4 Stockholm, Sweden Lollapalooza Stockholm**
    July 6 Copenhagen, Denmark Royal Arena
    July 14 Budapest, Hungary Budapest Arena
    July 16 Frankfurt, Germany Festhalle
    July 18 Paris, France Lollapalooza Paris**
    July 21 Vienna, Austria Wiener Stadthalle
    July 23 Krakow, Poland Tauron Arena
    July 25 Prague, Czech Republic O2 Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

Euro tour announced, no Dublin or London / Hyde park dates (yet):

DATE CITY VENUE
    June 16*** Amsterdam, Holland Ziggo Dome
    June 17*** Amsterdam, Holland Ziggo Dome
    June 20 Landgraaf, Holland Pinkpop Festival**
    June 23 Berlin, Germany Waldbuhne
    June 26 Imola, Italy Autodromo Internazionale
    Enzo e Dino Ferrari
    June 29 Zurich, Switzerland Hallenstadion
    July 1 Werchter, Belgium Rock Werchter Festival**
    July 4 Stockholm, Sweden Lollapalooza Stockholm**
    July 6 Copenhagen, Denmark Royal Arena
    July 14 Budapest, Hungary Budapest Arena
    July 16 Frankfurt, Germany Festhalle
    July 18 Paris, France Lollapalooza Paris**
    July 21 Vienna, Austria Wiener Stadthalle
    July 23 Krakow, Poland Tauron Arena
    July 25 Prague, Czech Republic O2 Arena

Neither Helsinki dates for this tour... So next summer it will be 28 years since previous visit in Finland. Tickets for Prague reserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads are these all rescheduled gigs or will tickets be going on sale again?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

Lads are these all rescheduled gigs or will tickets be going on sale again?
    Prague is new one but others were rescheduled gigs

Think a future Slane headlining gig is on the cards and it will be awesome.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

PTH2009 wrote: »

I can't imagine them selling out Slane or even getting close to it, I would say that Metallica would have a much larger fan base and they struggled to sell it out, I know of a few people that were stuck with tickets for that 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Clareman wrote: »
    I can't imagine them selling out Slane or even getting close to it, I would say that Metallica would have a much larger fan base and they struggled to sell it out, I know of a few people that were stuck with tickets for that 1.

It couldn't have been too far away from a sellout. It was rammed.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Please don't mention that kip

Please don't mention that kip

I love it.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

its been a while since you said that …. :D :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Clareman wrote: »

I reckon they'll have no problem. MCD put an open call for Slane to subscribers and clients late last year, and the run away demand was Pearl Jam, even ahead of Springsteen. I think they even put up a facebook post about "Who do you want to play Slane" and it was all Pearl Jam.

Also, up until Ed Sheeran in 2017. Pearl Jam's 2006 and 2010 Point gigs were in the top 5 fastest selling gigs in Irish history.

They sold out a venue in London, which was COVID cancelled, in an hour or so, and that was 75k.

Ya, I think they'd sell it to at least 90% capacity fairly handy. Couple it with their amount of travelling fans, people who go to Slane "cause it's Slane" every year, and fans of those on the undercard.

I reckon they'll have no problem. MCD put an open call for Slane to subscribers and clients late last year, and the run away demand was Pearl Jam, even ahead of Springsteen. I think they even put up a facebook post about "Who do you want to play Slane" and it was all Pearl Jam.

Also, up until Ed Sheeran in 2017. Pearl Jam's 2006 and 2010 Point gigs were in the top 5 fastest selling gigs in Irish history.

They sold out a venue in London, which was COVID cancelled, in an hour or so, and that was 75k.

Ya, I think they'd sell it to at least 90% capacity fairly handy. Couple it with their amount of travelling fans, people who go to Slane "cause it's Slane" every year, and fans of those on the undercard.

Add to that the massive contingent that travel the world following a PJ tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Penfailed wrote: »
    Add to that the massive contingent that travel the world following a PJ tour.

But then you got subtract the contingent that won't go due to the Covid factor.
    The thought of 70,000 people in a field together is frightening to many people.
    Unless a cure is found, there are many who won't do it.

But then you got subtract the contingent that won't go due to the Covid factor.
    The thought of 70,000 people in a field together is frightening to many people.
    Unless a cure is found, there are many who won't do it.

If Covid is still a factor next June, Slane won't be happening.

• Advertisement

Hyde Park took months to sell out.

Glen Hansard or The Frames will be on the bill no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Hyde Park took months to sell out.

Nope. I had a bunch who tried to get tickets before Christmas with no joy. And it was announced a sell out by the band by the end of the first week.

EDIT: A quick look at the Ten Club boards shows people looking for tickets within days of them going on sale.

If Covid is still a factor next June, Slane won't be happening.

It will still be around in June.

Nope. I had a bunch who tried to get tickets before Christmas with no joy. And it was announced a sell out by the band by the end of the first week.

EDIT: A quick look at the Ten Club boards shows people looking for tickets within days of them going on sale.

Nope.
    It sold out on Ticketmaster perhaps but AXS, who run the event had tickets for a few months afterwards.
    They released them in batches.

It will still be around in June.

I know it'll still be around. I mean, if it's still a factor, in that if there are any restrictions still in place, there won't be any 80,000 capacity events.

I know it'll still be around. I mean, if it's still a factor, in that if there are any restrictions still in place, there won't be any 80,000 capacity events.

Well, if it's still around, it'll still be a factor, you know? I can't see it not being around in June. Ergo, no big gigs. Unless they think outdoor is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

• Advertisement

15 dollars to watch.im in two minds.

I wonder will it get a DVD/Blu Ray release, Think ill wait and see

Stream only available in US

Advertisement