Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best fish and chips?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Used to be a great chipper back in the day. Remember stopping there regularly after a game down the RSC. Has changed hands plenty of times since afaik. I personally haven't tried it in a long time.

Thanks. Might check it out next time, always seems to be crowded when I pass, and I always mentally brace myself for some "interesting" parking if I have to turn left at the roundabout, ready for the 3 or 4 cars which are mostly sitting on the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

And chips in Dungarvan is delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mekirin

I'm not a big fish eater, but Robertos in Lisduggan would be my favourite chipper at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Is The Golden Fry in Johns Park any good? Never tried it for fish and chips and i pass it several times a week. Any opinions from people who use it?

I got Fish and Chips in the Golden Fry for the first time in many years, after a walk in Tramore on Friday and I was very impressed! A mountain of chips and the fish was golden brown and cooked perfectly.

I had heard mixed reviews when the new owners initially took over but I couldn't fault them on this. It was around 7pm on Friday so the place was busy; 7 people behind the counter and 2 delivery drivers. They must be doing something right.

It is a bit of a bollox trying to pass by there though as others have mentioned with the artistic display of parking which goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Mekirin wrote: »
    I'm not a big fish eater, but Robertos in Lisduggan would be my favourite chipper at the moment.

I was in there recently and was not impressed with the cleanliness or the food tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I got Fish and Chips in the Golden Fry for the first time in many years, after a walk in Tramore on Friday and I was very impressed! A mountain of chips and the fish was golden brown and cooked perfectly.

I had heard mixed reviews when the new owners initially took over but I couldn't fault them on this. It was around 7pm on Friday so the place was busy; 7 people behind the counter and 2 delivery drivers. They must be doing something right.

It is a bit of a bollox trying to pass by there though as others have mentioned with the artistic display of parking which goes on.

I know its right on a roundabout so parking is limited but to be fair you could just park up the road near the Centra or if you are pushed, the parking lot in the church across the road. I guess some people are just lazy though. I wouldn't dream of wrecking my tyres on that high footpath around the corner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I know its right on a roundabout so parking is limited but to be fair you could just park up the road near the Centra or if you are pushed, the parking lot in the church across the road. I guess some people are just lazy though. I wouldn't dream of wrecking my tyres on that high footpath around the corner!!

If people could drive in the door they would, people are lazy AF! It's a death trap trying to pull out there by Ballytruckle green too with people parking outside the ****ing Florist! :mad:

#siderant

Advertisement