Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sell or part my Prius?

Options
  • 04-08-2020 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a 2005 Prius with around 210k miles on the clock. I've just bought an Aqua and am wondering about whether to sell or part the old Prius. The body is ratty, the alloys have all the paint off them and it's throwing a code - p0a80 for anyone who's interested, 'hybrid battery overheat'. I've checked the individual blade voltages and they're ok except for one which is low.

Car drives fine, charges up and hybrid system kicks in grand.

So what now? I'm torn between parting it over time, improving it for maybe €100 (clean out the battery fan, one new hybrid blade, set of wheel covers, bit of paint), or selling it to a lad tomorrow for €800.

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Hi all,

I have a 2005 Prius with around 210k miles on the clock. I've just bought an Aqua and am wondering about whether to sell or part the old Prius. The body is ratty, the alloys have all the paint off them and it's throwing a code - p0a80 for anyone who's interested, 'hybrid battery overheat'. I've checked the individual blade voltages and they're ok except for one which is low.

Car drives fine, charges up and hybrid system kicks in grand.

So what now? I'm torn between parting it over time, improving it for maybe €100 (clean out the battery fan, one new hybrid blade, set of wheel covers, bit of paint), or selling it to a lad tomorrow for €800.

Opinions?

My feeling on it would be to get rid of it... If you "part it out" you have the hulk of a Prius sitting around with bits missing while you sell pieces of it. If you put some money in to it, you might get €800 for it but how long would that take?
    Stick it on DD for €800 with all the faults listed and let the first person along take it for about €600. You're rid of it then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Miscreant wrote: »
    My feeling on it would be to get rid of it... If you "part it out" you have the hulk of a Prius sitting around with bits missing while you sell pieces of it. If you put some money in to it, you might get €800 for it but how long would that take?
    Stick it on DD for €800 with all the faults listed and let the first person along take it for about €600. You're rid of it then :)

Take the 800 if you can get it.
    Beaking is all well and good but you will get a hundred calls for a couple of sought after bits and little interest in the rest. Not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Fair enough, thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

mickdw wrote: »
    Take the 800 if you can get it.
    Beaking is all well and good but you will get a hundred calls for a couple of sought after bits and little interest in the rest. Not worth the hassle.

Thanks, sold it for 700 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Thanks, sold it for 700 today.

Better gone!
    You will get people saying you would have cleaned up
    Breaking it but you have to value time and hassle not to mention the mess around the place.
    I stripped out a TT here and was basically prepared to give the stuff away but then lads wanted it delivered too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement