Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Cyrus, PM sent re the finer details of buying an etron in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,863 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

AmberGold wrote: »

Replied!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Ditching the Tesla already? :p

unkel wrote: »
    Ditching the Tesla already? :p

The Model S is a great car but I’ve a few things going here like changing the wife’s car. Really looking at a premium electric and a smaller one, id3 or leaf to share between the two of us.

Moving on the Tesla while it’s still worth decent money seems to make sense as does the 4 year service pack (inc a change of tyres) and three year warranty.

If I keep the Tesla I’d probably have to get a CCS upgrade and would most likely move it on in a year so that’s €500 towards the cost of change.

If I do go for the etron I’ll miss the seldom used acceleration, high fidelity audio and EAP but I wasn’t driving it much anyway.

Put up some details in the Model S thread. There are several regulars of this forum who would like one. If you price it keenly, chances are one of them will buy it!

Unless of course the Audi dealer will do yo a good trade in deal, but 99% of the time it is financially better if you sell your car yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Audi redefines class in motoring. Their marketing department okayed e-tron, which in French means "turd".

Rrminds.me of the time Buick had named one of their vehicles Lacrosse, which in Québec French means "getting shafted". They had then changed the name to suit our market but brought it back again, at one point.

Put up some details in the Model S thread. There are several regulars of this forum who would like one. If you price it keenly, chances are one of them will buy it!

Unless of course the Audi dealer will do yo a good trade in deal, but 99% of the time it is financially better if you sell your car yourself.

Did the deal today, decent trade in from Audi and 100% better than Tesla I might add who don't take UK imports.

Nice one, well wear! You getting it soon? Would you share the details of the deal you did (only if you don't mind of course)? It could help others.

Nice one, well wear! You getting it soon? Would you share the details of the deal you did (only if you don't mind of course)? It could help others.

Of course, it’s not going to look dramatically different to Cyrus‘a one which was the blueprint. It was either this or a murdered out black one, black pack on a black car. Not for me.

Just waiting now for the grant to come through, the car is in the country.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Of course, it’s not going to look dramatically different to Cyrus‘a one which was the blueprint. It was either this or a murdered out black one, black pack on a black car. Not for me.

Just waiting now for the grant to come through, the car is in the country.

Trading in the Tesla?
    What’s the details on your Tesla?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

I had a long test drive with my Mrs yesterday too, she has given it the seal of approval, so time for me to do some sums as well.

Rush of Etrons all of a sudden.

It’s well built, quick enough, and the comfiest car I’ve ever been in, in terms of suspension.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Trading in the Tesla?
    What’s the details on your Tesla?

Pm sent

I saw a presentation ppt from our car fleet and quite a large number of them have been ordered by staff in our company.
    It seems that despite being inefficient people are taking to them and don't mind as they have the free charge cards and charging at office and free home chargers.
    Tesla model S was not listed as a top 10 EV for order even though it is competing with the E-tron.
    According to the ppt there seems to be very healthy forward demand for larger EVs and PHEVs from the German three and Volvo in our company.
    This has always been the fear for Tesla; people will retreat to the perceived quality of European prestige brands.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I saw a presentation ppt from our car fleet and quite a large number of them have been ordered by staff in our company.
    It seems that despite being inefficient people are taking to them and don't mind as they have the free charge cards and charging at office and free home chargers.
    Tesla model S was not listed as a top 10 EV for order even though it is competing with the E-tron.
    According to the ppt there seems to be very healthy forward demand for larger EVs and PHEVs from the German three and Volvo in our company.
    This has always been the fear for Tesla; people will retreat to the perceived quality of European prestige brands.

I wouldn’t have put the Model S as a competitor to the eTron. More like the Model X?

both x and s are available. I haven't see a single x in the car parks. there are a few model s around.

It seems that despite being inefficient people are taking to them

I've said it for years, efficiency in EVs is not important once the car has the range you need and can charge quickly

Rare enough for a wheel to come off an Audi :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Augeo wrote: »
    Rare enough for a wheel to come off an Audi :pac:

They do seem to have an issue with exploding sunroofs though:
    https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-discussion-112/exploding-sunroof-2969065/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

How does an Etron compsre in size to a Q7?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,599 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Most reviews describe them as between a Q5 and a Q7 in size. Which makes sense, as they share infrastructure with both.

When I was in Audi Sandyford it seemed a lot closer in size both inside and out to the Q7 instead of the q5.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Most reviews describe them as between a Q5 and a Q7 in size. Which makes sense, as they share infrastructure with both.

When I was in Audi Sandyford it seemed a lot closer in size both inside and out to the Q7 instead of the q5.

its pretty close to Q7 size inside, appreciably bigger than a q5 both in front and rear space and the luggage area.

Even in general dimensions a Q5 is 4.6m long Q7 is 5m long and an Etron is 4.9m plus the packaging benefits of it being an EV makes it a roomy car.

5 seat only though if thats important so more comparable to a q8 than a q7

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Daharmaster

Would the OP have a photo with three cars seats in the back?

Would the OP have a photo with three cars seats in the back?

i have two car seats and a booster in the middle rather than 3 car seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DecDswwsw

It will be very interesting the hear what the realistic range/consumption is for typical mixed driving

DecDswwsw wrote: »
    It will be very interesting the hear what the realistic range is for typical mixed driving

in the 50 250-300km give or take.

Had tom from premiercar care come and quick it his quick ceramic coating (just a 6 month spray ) but looks good!

I got rid of all the audi centre advertising so replaced the disc holder with plain black and the number plate surrounds with gloss black to match the black styling pack

h6grACs.jpg

AQlnciM.jpg

Cyrus wrote: »
    in the 50 250-300km give or take.

What size battery ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

I'm guessing its 95.0 kWh (83.6 usable)

I got around the same result, around 280-300 with no rain,

In heavy rain it was around 240km.

What size battery ?

71 kWh (64.7 kWh usable)