Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Audi e-tron

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

AmberGold wrote: »
    Saw that video too, any Youtube reviewer that complains about the frunk on the E Tron is immediately suspect. I have the charge cable in the boot never using the Frunk at all. I never used the frunk on the Model S either and being a two hand affair to close its a bit of a faff but I wouldn't be making a video about it.

Oddly I've now seen a number of Youtube E Tron reviewers complaining about the design of the ETron Frunk.

I have also never heard anyone complain about Audi paint either, I've had 6 myself from the 80 1.9tdi to the TT, A4, A6 Avant and an A7. Never noticed defects on any of them whatsoever. I never got the magnifying glass out thou.

I have had zero issues since delivery with the E Tron, it continues to impress me. I only had one problem with the Model S, a faulty headlamp replaced under warranty.

The range on the Tron is slightly lower than the S but I never need to take it on long journeys and if I do they're so infrequent I don't mind the inconvenience of an extra stop if required.

One trip I do have to make a couple of times a year is to Coleraine travelling from Dublin, A Better Route Planner tells me I would have 31% charge left traveling in the Tesla and 12% remaining in E Tron. I'm ok with that.

I do plan on buying a secondhand Tesla Model 3 Standard at some point giving the E Tron to the wife.

Did you buy a 50 or 55? Which Tesla model did you have before?

The 15k difference between both is hard to justify. But some 201 55s are in dealers at around 80k now, which is more sensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

AidenL wrote: »
    Did you buy a 50 or 55? Which Tesla model did you have before?

The 15k difference between both is hard to justify. But some 201 55s are in dealers at around 80k now, which is more sensible.

His is a 50 aswell

Price difference is 25k I think (cheapest 50 v cheapest 55) new

Cyrus wrote: »
    His is a 50 aswell

Price difference is 25k I think (cheapest 50 v cheapest 55) new

Definitely not worth that difference then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Sorry 75d vs 50...

For any fellow owners you can now buy a sub to extras via my audi (via the german site for now but it works), there is a 1 euro trial for a month and you can add (on mine at least)

Matrix headlights
    Light package plus
    Park assist plus

Park assist i wont bother with as its not worth while imo, light package plus gives the sweeping indicators and light show when you unlock, ill want that i think.

Matrix headlights are nice but not sure id get the use out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

I've got the matrix lights on my A8 ... and down regional roads they are unbelievably good .... but I find I'm almost never on those roads these days so really depends on your type of driving

drumm23 wrote: »
    I've got the matrix lights on my A8 ... and down regional roads they are unbelievably good .... but I find I'm almost never on those roads these days so really depends on your type of driving

yes ive no doubt on how good they are, but im rarely on roads like that, the rare times i am driving at night is in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Has anyone got a trade in offer recently vs a new etron? How does it compare vs Tesla who low ball everyone?

ELM327 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a trade in offer recently vs a new etron? How does it compare vs Tesla who low ball everyone?

audi offered me a very good trade in, i had shopped around a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I had suspected as much, a 60-70k etron is cheaper than a 60-70k Tesla, if they are giving you more on your trade in!
    I'm considering my next move and I really like the etron.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    I had suspected as much, a 60-70k etron is cheaper than a 60-70k Tesla, if they are giving you more on your trade in!
    I'm considering my next move and I really like the etron.

yes id think so, i think tesla are basically offering a webuyanycar type price whereas audi are operating the normal trade in model where a portion of your discount is built into what they give you for your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭carsfan2

What is the realistic range on the Etron 50?
    Had any of you considered a Jaguar i pace?

carsfan2 wrote: »
    What is the realistic range on the Etron 50?
    Had any of you considered a Jaguar i pace?

230-270km depending on the weather,

For me the i-pace was too small and too much more expensive (the e-tron 50 undercuts the 55/ipace/EQC by a fair bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭collsoft

I had to re-read that just to be sure.

You are saying that Audi's come delivered with the hardware for these features and you have to buy a subscription to use them??

I can understand a subscription for a digital service, but if you take something like Matrix headlights, they require a lot of tech and software in the car - so you have already paid for all that when you bought the car.

But have to get over a "Pay Wall" to switch it on - thats silly.

Do they sell a cheaper version of the car that has regular headlights (LED without matrix or something even more basic)

I hope this is not the new standard going forward
    For any fellow owners you can now buy a sub to extras via my audi (via the german site for now but it works), there is a 1 euro trial for a month and you can add (on mine at least)

Matrix headlights
    Light package plus
    Park assist plus

Park assist i wont bother with as its not worth while imo, light package plus gives the sweeping indicators and light show when you unlock, ill want that i think.

collsoft wrote: »
    I had to re-read that just to be sure.

You are saying that Audi's come delivered with the hardware for these features and you have to buy a subscription to use them??

I can understand a subscription for a digital service, but if you take something like Matrix headlights, they require a lot of tech and software in the car - so you have already paid for all that when you bought the car.

But have to get over a "Pay Wall" to switch it on - thats silly.

Do they sell a cheaper version of the car that has regular headlights (LED without matrix or something even more basic)

I hope this is not the new standard going forward

your understanding is correct, and its the way its going with ze germans.

You can of course order it as an extra (same as any others) when you buy the car, but as mine was one specced by the dealer rather than a bespoke order i didnt have the chance.

Matrix headlights
    Light package plus
    Park assist plus

Would you have prices?

Should be cheaper than via dealer, as no VRT?

Matrix headlights 1yr 258 3yr 696 lifetime 1339 appear to be 1,998 as a specced option
    Light package plus 1 yr 128 3yr 344 lifetime 663 not sure what this is, maybe its included in the above?
    Park assist plus 1yr 93 3yr 251 lifetime 483 seems to be 481 as specced option

Matrix headlights 1yr 258 3yr 696 lifetime 1339 appear to be 1,998 as a specced option
    Light package plus 1 yr 128 3yr 344 lifetime 663 not sure what this is, maybe its included in the above?
    Park assist plus 1yr 93 3yr 251 lifetime 483 seems to be 481 as specced option
    That’s mad. So you can buy an option for the length of time you keep the car, and cheaper than out of the showroom.

I like that concept.

That’s mad. So you can buy an option for the length of time you keep the car, and cheaper than out of the showroom.

I like that concept.

yes me too, ill probably take the light package plus for 3 years, its gives the nice indicator sweep etc, matrix headlights i wouldnt get the use out of and the park thing is a gimmick, i had it on my last car and never used it.

makes sense to pay less for 3 years of use of any of them if you dont plan on keeping it for longer as you get no credit for extras on trade anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

collsoft wrote: »

Telsa Model 3 owners can buy an "upgrade" to enable rear heated seats. They also sell an OTA acceleration upgrade for dual motor owners.

• Advertisement

yes me too, ill probably take the light package plus for 3 years, its gives the nice indicator sweep etc, matrix headlights i wouldnt get the use out of and the park thing is a gimmick, i had it on my last car and never used it.

makes sense to pay less for 3 years of use of any of them if you dont plan on keeping it for longer as you get no credit for extras on trade anyway!
    And I’d be keen on the matrix lights for 3 years as I do a lot of nighttime driving on unlit roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Cyrus wrote:
    ill probably take the light package plus for 3 years,................
    And I’d be keen on the matrix lights for 3 years as I do a lot of nighttime driving on unlit roads.

I think this is nuts!
    Paying to activate hardware that's already built into the car you've paid for :eek:.
    Don't for one second think Audi haven't charged you, in full, for the hardware already. No company would send out expensive LED matrix lights at a loss & hope to recoup some of that loss by way of a subscription.

Tesla are different. Software unlocks cost nothing with regard to slight increases in motor output or to enable FSD. I can't believe the ETron has matrix LEDs though that just need activation :confused:.

I like the ETron, but this would put me right off if that's Audi's future.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,760 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It's par for the course, Kramer. Sell the base car cheaply with a very slim margin to attract the punters and when reeled in, make huge profits by selling them extras. Audi is only new to this game. The likes of Tesla and BMW before them have been at this for many years. A few stickers and $5 LED lights and voila you had a €5k "pepper" (or whatever it was called) pack on the BMW MINI nearly 2 decades ago :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It probably comes down to licensing costs, it's probably near enough the same cost to ship a matrix led light as a fixed one.
    But for the matrix LED you have to license the software that does the road sensing to choose which bits are switched on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

So I’ve gone full tart but they are oem parts at least !

2AlGjjX.jpg
    08LqG3X.jpg

I had tried a set of Ali express ones but oem are much higher quality

Hey, what’s to code on the Quattro ones pls? (Need to know if std Audi or specific for tron).

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Matrix headlights
    Light package plus
    Park assist plus

Can’t figure it out! Looking for the sub. Went to myAudi via .de site!

smokybacon wrote: »
    Hey, what’s to code on the Quattro ones pls? (Need to know if std Audi or specific for tron).

4G0052133H

std audi

smokybacon wrote: »
    Can’t figure it out! Looking for the sub. Went to myAudi via .de site!

click on functions (middle at the top Overview Functions Service)

about half way down the page Functions on demand to the shop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Kramer wrote: »
    I think this is nuts!
    Paying to activate hardware that's already built into the car you've paid for :eek:.
    Don't for one second think Audi haven't charged you, in full, for the hardware already. No company would send out expensive LED matrix lights at a loss & hope to recoup some of that loss by way of a subscription.

Tesla are different. Software unlocks cost nothing with regard to slight increases in motor output or to enable FSD. I can't believe the ETron has matrix LEDs though that just need activation :confused:.

I like the ETron, but this would put me right off if that's Audi's future.

Rear heated seats in the SR+ ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

markpb wrote: »
    Telsa Model 3 owners can buy an "upgrade" to enable rear heated seats. They also sell an OTA acceleration upgrade for dual motor owners.
    The "acceleration boost" upgrade is not available in Ireland.

Advertisement