Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Number cake decoration for a birthday cake?

Options
  • 01-08-2020 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

I have a special birthday coming up. Im looking for somewhere where I could buy those little number deorations for the top of the birthday cake. (Age) Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

I am me123 wrote: »
    I have a special birthday coming up. Im looking for somewhere where I could buy those little number deorations for the top of the birthday cake. (Age) Any suggestions?

www.craftydesigns.ie

Or find her on FB

https://www.facebook.com/sugarpressbycraftydesigns/

Breda is excellent. I can wholeheartedly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Tesco.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭I am me123

Thanks a mill everyone.
    Those little number decorations from tesco, do you just literally stick them into the middle of the cake?
    Sorry if thats a daft question!
    Thanks

Thanks a mill everyone.
    Those little number decorations from tesco, do you just literally stick them into the middle of the cake?
    Sorry if thats a daft question!
    Thanks

You do.
    They're not edible or anything, they're kind of waxy so you just stick them in the cake, there's a spiky base and you light them. They just melt down like any candle.
    You'll get them in any good stationery shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭I am me123

You do.
    They're not edible or anything, they're kind of waxy so you just stick them in the cake, there's a spiky base and you light them. They just melt down like any candle.
    You'll get them in any good stationery shop.

Thanks a mill again! So they won't cause the cake to crumble when you stick them on top of the cake?
    In my case, I have bought my cake from a bakery & just want everything to be perfect. Haha.

• Advertisement

It's just like using regular candles. You'll be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

tesco do sparklers for cakes
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=sparkler

I don't like blowing out candles on cakes in regular years, but certainly not this year! I saw some video on twitter of a guy with a fan blowing them out.

€2 shops can have stuff like this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

I was just going to say the same about blowing out candles :) It's not Covid friendly these days! I stick them on the board or better still in a cupcake just for the blowing out bit.

Those sparkler candles send little black bits of something burnt flying all over the cake, don't like them for that reason.

Advertisement