Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee’s vegan products

Options
  • 31-07-2020 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

What happened this range? I thought they were doing well but cant find them anywhere so presume discontinued ?

The sausages were really nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Did some good googling and it appears they went into receivership last year due to debts. So much for the Dragon's Den advice as this was a really good brand and doing well with lots of store footprint. Also they were years ahead of the vegan movement which is now starting to flood with processed poor options. Dee's ingredients were all quite healthy so it's disappointing. I wasn't a big fan of the burgers but the sausages and hot pots were a regular purchase for me until my local store stopped stocking them (I now know why) Hopefully they will make a come back!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

Very difficult for small food producers. The supermarkets and distributors take a large cut and then a lot of supermarkets operate on sale or return. It means the producers have to sell huge amounts to survive and this needs a lot of investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Yeah I guess sale and return would make it very tough and when it's refrigerated and not frozen it makes it extra tough. It's great that Aldi etc are adding vegan options but I just worry about the quality of their ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

That’s a pity about Dees. Really liked their products.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Never heard/had them. I like the Denny ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

I'd like to try these:
    • Dee's 2 Omega Burgers
    • Dee's 2 Spicy Bean Burgers
    • Dee's 6 Leek & Onion Vegan Sausages
    • Dee's 6 Roast Garlic & Mushroom Vegan Sausages
    • Dee's 6 Traditional Vegan Sausages
    • Dee's Moroccan Veg Pot
    • Dee's Quinoa Pot with Hot Mexican Peppers
    • Dee's Quinoa Pot with Moroccan Spiced Vegetables
    • Dee's Quinoa Pot with thai spiced vegetables
    • Dee's Tex-Mex Veg Pot
    • Dee's Thai Veg Pot

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Came in here trying to find out what had happened to them. So is that it, they're gone for good? Sad if so, I had the sausages on a regular basis but noticed I hadn't been able to find them since last year.

Advertisement