Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skater XL

Options
  • 26-07-2020 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭

Releasing on Tuesday, 28th July on pc, ps4, xbox and switch, this seems to be along the lines of the Skate series. Each stick controls a foot to move your board. The board is completely physics based so no canned animations, just the moves you can pull off manipulating the board.

Made by skaters, this looks really interesting. However, it doesn't look like there's actually much to do in our besides open skate and make videos. There are challenges to hit moves at specific spots but no sorry mode, competition or multiplayer. The devs said they will continue to add to it but who knows what that might be.

Not sure if I'll get bored and 40 euro is a bit steep to find out, would love to try out first.

Anyone planning to get it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only played a small bit of this and all i can say is it has great potential. Devs said it's like learning an instrument which it really is. This is no pick up and play game. It's so bare bones though, you'd really want to do some virtual skating just like you would irl, find a spot and practice tricks. I only paid 22, really glad i didn't pay 40 but hopefully the devs will add more features as they said they would.

One more thing, i felt like maybe i was over the Tony hawk's arcade skating and couldn't go back after Skate but playing skater xl makes me really look forward to having a laugh with tphs remaster.

Advertisement