Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No Place Like Home

• 30-07-2020 5:22am

Kathryn Thomas and daughter Ellie travel around Ireland for RTÉ, and for our delight and edification.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5712267/rte-kathryn-thomas-new-show-ellie-travelling-ireland/
    RTE's Kathryn Thomas has teased a new show that involves her and young daughter Ellie travelling around Ireland.

The Operation Transformation host is currently on staycation across the country in a campervan with her two-year-old.

The presenter is known for her travel shows across the world but due to Covid-19 restrictions in place, there'll be no adventure shows abroad to be shown on RTE in the near future.

Kathryn teased the new show called No Place Like Home which is set to air next weekend.

She said: "Good morning from beautiful sunny Cove. Hope all is good. I'm trying to get the steps in before we hit the road again.

"I don't think I actually said to you. The reason that we are on the move is for a new TV show called No Place Like Home which will be going out on RTE from Sunday the 9th of August.

'SO BUSY'

"It's all about staycations so myself and Ellie are touring around in a camper van. Loving the old camper van life, I don't mind telling you.

"We're camping, glamping and we stayed in a hotel last night so it's a mix of everything.

"Anyway that's why I have not been posting daily because we've been so busy but I'll put up a few pics and videos now."

She also showed a kayaking experience in Wexford and stand up paddle boarding and yoga in Waterford.

Kathryn gave her fans a sneak peak inside her camper van on Instagram as well.

The news comes after the Irish Sun revealed this morning that RTE are struggling to fill their Autumn schedule due to coronavirus restrictions.

As a result many of RTE’s most loved shows, including the Tommy Tiernan Show, First Dates and Dancing With The Stars will be missing from our screens.

One RTE insider told us: “Travel shows, dating shows, anything involving choirs, all those sorts of programmes are gone.”

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Really looking forward to the show , not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,189 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I have more than a passing interest in travel on our island.

Camper vans seem to be the flavour of this unusual summer.

I'll give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I saw in the ad that Jake Carter and his dancing girlfriend also in it so expect Nathan also to show up

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

youth hosteling with Chis Eubank is coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Because we really need another show with Kathryn Thomas :mad:
    I definitely won't be watching. Her voice is like a nail scraping on a chalkboard, she hurts my ears.

• Advertisement

I might give it a go. I’ve never seen
    stand up paddle boarding and yoga
    at the same time. She must be fit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Has anyone seen the ad for this? Kathryn Thomas again, on a paid holiday with her kid & as if that’s not bad enough Jake Carter on a free holiday with that annoying dancing lady! A good idea for a programme but who could watch this lot!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Katherine's yoga retreat business has to all but close but lucky us RTE rescue her and give her loads of work and now give her a campervan for a paid family trip around Ireland to tell us what we're missing out on . Nice.

Car99 wrote: »
    Katherine's yoga retreat business has to all but close but lucky us RTE rescue her and give her loads of work and now give her a campervan for a paid family trip around Ireland to tell us what we're missing out on . Nice.

It’s not what you know, it’s who’s managing you.

If you know what i mean...

https://www.nkmanagement.ie/kathryn-thomas---profile.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

****ing brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Who in sweet Jesus would want to watch ****e like this

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Camper vans are really expensive at the minute thus making this show a little tone deaf

• Registered Users Posts: 15,719 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

elperello wrote: »
    Camper vans seem to be the flavour of this unusual summer.

Mores the pity.

The roads are full of these lumbering beasts and their inept drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

They could have given normal families who couldn't afford a staycation the chance rather than some irish z list ppl .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

They could have given normal families who couldn't afford a staycation the chance rather than some irish z list ppl .

Thats a great idea. Something very off with KT exposing the daughter so much

Icsics wrote: »

Grooming Mini Me for a career suckling from the RTE teat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Now that's a programme I would watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

Not sure what the point is in starting this series now. Schools should hopefully all be back in a few weeks so not much time left for holidays around Ireland unless you've young kids or think your kids need more time off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Icsics wrote: »

Yea Jesus the kid is only 2 but yet is rammed in front of a camera (Making cash) already.
    Then they’ll be whinging about the tabloids in a few years 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭road_high

nc6000 wrote: »
    Not sure what the point is in starting this series now. Schools should hopefully all be back in a few weeks so not much time left for holidays around Ireland unless you've young kids or think your kids need more time off.

On planet rte such practicalities rarely enter consciousness. They’ll be cheerleading keeping the schools closed anyhow so it’ll fit fine.
    Must be due a Primetime on the horrors of schools and deadly Covid 19 soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

another rte parasite and leech trying to make herself relevant through her child

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Can anyone explain the need for the 'House Band' ?

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain the need for the 'House Band' ?

From the Irish Times review of the programme, this extract might help
    For these segments Thomas wears a flowing white dress to indicate, I think, that she’s the Ghost of Holiday Plans Past. And there’s also a nifty house band, The Homebirds, who play country music. This is presumably to warn Dublin-based viewers that they’ll hear nothing else on the radio once they get beyond Bray. To quote an anonymous source in Montrose: “It was this or a clip from Deliverance.”

Is that a banjo I hear?

road_high wrote: »
    Yea Jesus the kid is only 2 but yet is rammed in front of a camera (Making cash) already.
    Then they’ll be whinging about the tabloids in a few years 🙄

Doubt it. The only ones obsessed with their lives are themselves, nobody else interested, not even red top rags.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im scratching my head as to how they filmed this. Some scenes have her daughter in it and then others like the interview with Taghd Furlong do not. Does that mean they paid for a full time babysitter to follow them all around Ireland? Or is the husband with them but not on screen and getting a free holiday out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Radio5

I read one of the promo interviews-it gave the impression that the hubby came along also.

Having just driven (in a car, not a motor home, TG) along the Mourne Coastal Route and then a good part of the Causeway Coastal Route, there is no way I would attempt the former in a motor home. The roads on the Mourne Coastal Route are simply not up to it, neither condition wise nor width wise. The Causeway route is much better, but having encountered a rather large tractor and (loosely) associated trailer on the first one, coming the other way at top speed, my strong recommendation is don’t do it in a motor home!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

Tonight's show was more like Who Do You Think You Are with Kathryn going back generations to her ancestors who came from the Blasket Islands, her mother, cousin etc. If it's not her family it's her friends that are on the show.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Radio5 wrote: »
    I read one of the promo interviews-it gave the impression that the hubby came along also.

Hubby or some other adult must have been there to mind the small one as she’s not in all the scenes...

Advertisement