Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

eBussy modular EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

opus wrote: »
    If this thing existed I'd be tempted by the little camper van version.

Looks cool but I think I read it only has a 10kWh battery or something tiny?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Again I'll believe all this when I see it!
    Battery capacity ranges from 10-30 kWh, but even with the base battery the eBussy promises 124 miles of range thanks to solar panels and energy recuperation systems. The eBussy will also rely on an ambitious battery pack exchange program, in which customers can swap out depleted batteries for fully charged ones at battery exchange stations around Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Alkers wrote: »
    Looks cool but I think I read it only has a 10kWh battery or something tiny?

10kWh would be fine for some applications like a local delivery van that does only low speed city traffic and never does more than 60-80km per day. I'd say a typical post office delivery van in the likes of a Dublin high population density postal region could easily fall into this, as it follows a certain route and the driver spends most of his time on foot delivering to the doors. Highly populated areas are the places that we need EV vans the most (and where we need to get rid of the cancerous diesel vans first)

There's no need to pay for 30kWh if you never need more than a third of it. And it looks like the batteries are so modular that you can easily add on battery capacity at a later stage anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Doing more reading on it today and I'm definitely interested, although it is very very small. Menionts that motor is only 20hp but doesn't say how many motors, is 4wd. Top speed 90km/hr .

Would be all over it if it was closer to van size

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

https://electricbrands.de/en/#produkte they make e scooters, they say production starts next year and they have only a crappy youtube clip,
    I am not expecting much

• Advertisement
Advertisement