Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bank Transfer NZD to EUR

Options
  • 25-07-2020 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have NZD$200k in my NZ bank account that I want to transfer to my Irish PTSB account.

What’s the best way to do this in order to minimise fees/currency conversion costs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

I have NZD$200k in my NZ bank account that I want to transfer to my Irish PTSB account.

What’s the best way to do this in order to minimise fees/currency conversion costs?

Try Transferwise. Its fast, legit and I never have any issues.

I've had a look and it will cost you 6NZD, cheaper and faster than a typical bank transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gimmemymoney

Thanks, I do have a transferwise account so have no problem using that. Just wondering if there are better alternatives for a large sum.

It’s NZD977.23 for a NZD200,000 transfer (0.49%).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Use a comparison currency transfer website, ie
    www.fxcompared.com

shop around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

You have a few options. The one thing you absolutely should not do is transfer from your NZ bank straight to PTSB. You'd be thousands out of pocket.

Revolut allows you to do €6000 a month for free so you could do that, or temporarily upgrade to premium for less than a tenner per month and you have unlimited transfers.

Personally, and I recognise this isn't for everyone and is different if you need the cash in Ireland immediately, but I'd transfer it in chunks just to effectively average the exchange rate you get.

I used to use currencyfair/transferwise but the Half a percent fee would be a lot as you've shown on such a large amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Option 1 - call ptsb and ask for their best market rate. Not sure about ptsb doing it, but easy if you bank with aib.

Option 2 - transferwise or transfermate. Again, call them for best rates. You might get to 0.3%

• Advertisement
Advertisement