Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

League of Ireland Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Dundalk near evens tonight at home to Derry. I know the league is won but surely that's a decent price . Any team news? 4 players missing according to dundalk twitter

League won... Derry needing a win to keep them in a European spot... Dundalk players probably had a beer or three on Sunday. No bet for me. Nothing at all takes our fancy this weekend hence no post.

Dundalk
    Injured: John Mountney, Patrick McEleney.
    Suspended: Dean Jarvis, Daniel Cleary.

Derry City
    Injured: Jack Malone, Darren Cole.

dinneenp wrote: »
    From RP- St pats 4 point tipdundlak 2 pointg

Would love to see the RP strike rate for this season, say it's poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

dinneenp wrote: »
    From RP- St pats 4 point tipdundlak 2 pointg

Would love to see the RP strike rate for this season, say it's poor.
    Poor across the board with all their football I think. The lads on Betfair are a lot better and at least they show their p/l.

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***
    Just one bet for Saturday none for tomorrow. 4th place gets Europe due to the Cup Final being Dundalk/Shamrock Rovers so a win here would set Derry up on course to secure European football. Following on from this game, Derry host 5th placed Pats in what could be a 6 pointer for Europe.

Derry win or -0.5 Asian @ 1.85 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small/Med Stake

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Just one bet for Saturday none for tomorrow. 4th place gets Europe due to the Cup Final being Dundalk/Shamrock Rovers so a win here would set Derry up on course to secure European football. Following on from this game, Derry host 5th placed Pats in what could be a 6 pointer for Europe.

Derry win or -0.5 Asian @ 1.85 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small/Med Stake

Nice one

• Advertisement

Nice one

No bother, hopefully a couple of bets in the last week of the League.

Derry odds absolutely smashed... was hoping to top -0.75 but it's on a -2.5 line now :O

Probably us done for the season, nothing took our fancy on Friday bar Derry but the value was completely gone.

Maybe a novelty bet on the Cup Final on Sunday - shall have a look.

Will post up our stats for the season in the coming weeks.

So 2019 is done.... overall we hit an 11.98% ROI which isn't too bad. 56 bets advised in total over the season.

Comparing that to 2018 - we had an ROI of just 1.86% and we advised 80 bets.

The decrease in bets and going with quality over quantity worked. Roll on February 14th, roll on the 2020 season and roll on Shels being back in the Premier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

So 2019 is done.... overall we hit an 11.98% ROI which isn't too bad. 56 bets advised in total over the season.

Comparing that to 2018 - we had an ROI of just 1.86% and we advised 80 bets.

The decrease in bets and going with quality over quantity worked. Roll on February 14th, roll on the 2020 season and roll on Shels being back in the Premier!

Any profit is good Over a season cheers for all the write ups

• Advertisement

We're nearly back :pac:

We're nearly back :pac:

A few people are tipping shels to win down in cork ?

spurshero wrote: »
    A few people are tipping shels to win down in cork ?

I dont fancy us tbh, seen us a couple of times in preseason and look a bit disjointed. I'd take a draw and I'd say Morris would too! Just about to start the trek down to Cork in 30 mins :) we're back!!!

**League Of Ireland**

We’re back!

Tonight the LOI season kicks off with the premier division games.

As it’s the first games of the season we don’t have any fancies that we can agree on to tip this evening, but have decided to do up some of our individual fancies for the season and our individual bet of the night.

These are not group tips as such just opinions from each of us, on what we feel could be value bets in the LOI premier and first division, top goal scorer and our best fancies for tonights games.

Alan Forristal:

Premier Div:
    Betting W/O Dundalk + Shams - Derry 3/1 (PP)

First Div:
    Winners - Longford Town 4/1

Premier Div Top Scorer:
    Matty Smith (Waterford FC) 20/1 EW

Tonight’s fancy -
    Shelbourne win 21/10

Gavin Doherty:

Premier Div:
    Betting W/O Dundalk and Shams: Bohs 5/2

First Div:
    Longford 4/1

Premier Top Scorer:
    Tim Nielsen (Derry City) EW 16/1

Tonight’s Fancy:
    Sligo DNB 4/5

————————————
    Aidan Morris:

Premier Div:
    Dundalk outright winners - EVS
    Cork finish bottom - 7/1

First Div:
    Winners - Longford 4/1

Premier Top Scorer:
    Tim Nielsen (Derry City) 16/1

Tonights fancy:
    Under 1.5 goals Cork v Shels 7/4
    ————————————

Feel free to leave your fancies for the season in the comments below, and what you are putting in your docket tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Anyone doing winners/top GS betting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

UCD 500/1 to win premier division on betfair. Know as much about it as JD and Shane Ross I suppose. ( I know, both gone)

I dont fancy us tbh, seen us a couple of times in preseason and look a bit disjointed. I'd take a draw and I'd say Morris would too! Just about to start the trek down to Cork in 30 mins :) we're back!!!

I'll take being wrong on that!!! :D

I'll take being wrong on that!!! :D

Put them in an Acca . All up bar wolves . If I ever find that lad that introduced var !!!!!!

First proper set of bets for the season.
    Shamrock Rovers into their first home game after a 1-0 win against Dublin rivals Bohs. Having seen Cork City host Shels last Friday, I can safely say Cork will struggle this season especially in the early stages until their team gel more. Cork didn't have one decent chance during the whole 90 mins against newly promoted Shels. Rovers team strengthened over the close season and they'll be looking for more silverware this season.
    St. Pats were unlucky by all accounts against Waterford on Friday with a stonewall peno turned down and Waterford new stopper Brian Murphy making some important saves. Sligo made a bad start to their league campaign by losing to Finn Harps who needed a playoff win to not be relegated last season and are firmly tipped to struggle again this season.
    Cabo/Bray Unders is solely based on the pitch at Stradbook. Pictures from last Saturday show the pitch was in a bad state after a rugby match. Weather has been bad in Dublin since last Saturday with a lot of rainfall so the pitch will probably not have improved much.

Shamrock Rovers -1 Euro or -1.5 Asian @ 1.90 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small/Med Stake

St. Pats +0.25 @ 2.00 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

Cabo\Bray Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.80 - Small Stake

Shamrock Rovers -1 Euro or -1.5 Asian @ 1.90 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small/Med Stake

St. Pats +0.25 @ 2.00 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

Cabo\Bray Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.80 - Small Stake

Rovers 6-0
    Pats 2-0

Cabo/Bray 4-2...

2 winners and a loss...:D

• Advertisement

Good start to the season on Friday with a Small/Med & Small winner (Small loss too). Monday sees 5 Premier games.
    Early table toppers Shamrock Rovers travel to 7th placed Waterford. Rovers may be missing Burke who scored 5 in their 6-0 win on Friday, but new signing Rory Gaffney from Salford may be available. Rovers will want to keep their momentum going tomorrow night in preparation for an early season match against Champions Dundalk.
    Pats host Derry in what should be an even game, home advantage should work in Pats favour. A lot of new bodies in both sides, but Derry lost a few of their better players and looking to be taking longer to gel.
    May be a bet inplay on Dundalk, but -2 line is slightly too large to be tipping, ideally wait for -1.5 inplay.

Shamrock Rovers -1 Asian @ 1.95 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

St. Pats -0.25 @ 2.00 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

Shamrock Rovers -1 Asian @ 1.95 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

St. Pats -0.25 @ 2.00 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

Rovers 2-0. WINNER.
    Pats postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

I was impressed by Harps v Derry on telly last week . I reckon Finn Harps are worth a bet .

I was impressed by Harps v Derry on telly last week . I reckon Finn Harps are worth a bet .

Read our minds... our two bets will be posted in a few mins.

Good start to this seasons bets last Friday/Monday, two bets for this weekend, both Premier Div bets.
    Bohs make the long trip up to the Brandywell aiming to make it three wins in a row, while Derry got lucky with a late goal for a draw against Harps last time out. Derry will have fresh legs with their game on Monday being called off, while Bohs went out 2-0 winners at home to Sligo on Monday.
    Cork are sitting at the bottom of the Premier Div table with no points and no goals.Cork City have won just 2 of their 13 games played since Neale Fenn took over as manager last August. Harps will have fresh legs after their game on Monday got called off due to snow. Few experienced signings for Harps may prove them a difficult team to break down at times this season while Cork have a new look team of young players and loanees.

Bohs +0.25 @ 1.80 (Bet365/Asia) - Small/Medium Stake

Finn Harps +0.25 @ 1.75 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

Both losers :(

Bad week last week with two losers from two - going with just the one bet this weekend on Saturday.
    Longford two wins from two, should be continuing this form on Saturday. Bray, beat a poor Wexford team who had two first teamers missing. Aido was at the Bray -v- Wexford game and mentioned how poor Bray were. Longford on the other hand, even at this early stage had a big six pointer win away to Drogheda last weekend. This is a 1.80 shot imo.

Longford Town -0.5/Win @ 2.00 (General/Bet365/Asia) - Medium Stake

Longford game was postponed

Early table toppers Shamrock Rovers host 3rd from bottom Harps. This should be a straight forward win for Rovers and make it 6 wins from 6 tomorrow. Rovers beat current Champions Dundalk 3-2 two weeks ago and last week Dundalk beat Harps 4-0 away so on paper this should be a 4+ goal win for Rovers.
    Dundalk host an inconsistency Pats side who've 3 losses and 2 wins this season but still find themselves sitting in 4th spot. Dundalk won't want any more light between themselves and Rovers in the table in this early stage, only issue here is the game is on TV which normally turns into very cagey matches. Dundalk's new signing - Nathan Oduwa should be eligible to start.
    In what looks like a very new/young UCD team, they've started the season off in not the best of manners following relegation last season losing last time out to Drogheda 5-1. While Longford beat Drogheda 1-0 away last time out, on paper this should be an easy Longford win. Longfords League game on Saturday and their midweek Cup game were both cancelled so they will be fresh and raring to go. UCD being priced up in their games to date on the merit they're the newly relegated team but in truth this should be a 4/6 shot on Longford.

Rovers -1.75 @ 1.70 (Bet365/Asian) - Medium Stake
    Dundalk -1 @ 1.85 (Bet365/Asian) - Medium Stake
    Longford Town -0.5/Win @ 2.00 (General/Bet365/Asia) - Small/Medium Stake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Paddy Power doing Double winning 1st goalscorer odds if they go onto to score a 2nd goal for the Dundalk v St Pats Friday and Cork v Bohs Sunday.
    Applies to Shop bets only.

Advertisement