Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

20/21 Transfer thread.

• 27-07-2020 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭

Adam Lallana signed for Brighton.

Would be a nice 6m

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Adam Lallana signed for Brighton.

Would be a nice 6m

Would you sign him at that? I don’t think I would.

After 3 seasons of him doing literally nothing, I’d be wanting a discounted rate for a player from that club to make me go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

I'd struggle to consider him at 5, wouldn't go near him at 6

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

No not in my kickoff team, but if he rekindles any of his previous form he could fit the talisman role,similar to the Grealish, Sarr etc of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

32 years old now. He would be hard pressed to rebreak out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

He never recovered after the hamstring injuries he kept getting a couple of years ago. Sadly I think his best days are behind him now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Well if Danny Ings can turn it around, anyone can. Won't rule him out just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

For anyone uninitiated

The summer 2020 transfer window started on 27 July and is open for 10 weeks, ending on 5 October.

Also this might happen.

A domestic-only window, during which Premier League clubs can only trade with those in the EFL, will run from 5 October to 17:00 BST on 16 October.

Well if Danny Ings can turn it around, anyone can. Won't rule him out just yet.

Haha, Ings has 4 years on Lallana all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Community Shield is a month away from today! Mad how quick this will all be started again. Do we have any idea when the game will be up again?

Not going to be much time for holiday and pre-season this year...............for FPL Managers

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

mectavba wrote: »
    Community Shield is a month away from today! Mad how quick this will all be started again. Do we have any idea when the game will be up again?

Not going to be much time for holiday and pre-season this year...............for FPL Managers

By the looks of it you can already select a team.

• Advertisement

Gus Ivey wrote: »

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Gus Ivey wrote: »

That's the old game. The new prices etc are not updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Brighton have signed the Dutch international defender Joel Veltman from Ajax.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Brighton making all the early moves!

Brighton have signed the Dutch international defender Joel Veltman from Ajax.

Deal already done for Dunk ?

Deal already done for Dunk ?

Not sure but it's crazy to see how many CBs they have now. Dunk, Veltman, Webster, Duffy, Burn and young guys coming back from loan in White, Clarke and Ostigard.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Maybe they received an offer from a bigger club for Dunk - he was definitely their best defender

manual_man wrote: »
    Maybe they received an offer from a bigger club for Dunk - he was definitely their best defender

I wonder if Frank thinks Chelsea could do with a big English centre half ?

It definitely looks like something is happening. Could be Dunk. Or it could be Duffy with the new guy competing but I think it looks like Dunk.

Veltman was more frequently a fullback in the games I watched Ajax. Against Spurs in the Champions League in both legs I think. Don’t think he was a set starter in any position for them recently.

CSF wrote: »
    Veltman was more frequently a fullback in the games I watched Ajax. Against Spurs in the Champions League in both legs I think. Don’t think he was a set starter in any position for them recently.

Would be a surprise as they tried very hard to get Lamptey and eventually got him in January.

He’s come in and done very well. I’ve been keeping a close eye. I’d be very surprised if the new guy will be playing at right back.

• Advertisement

Well there’s a coincidence.

I’ve just got round to watching MOTD (been ill since Saturday) and the Brighton game comes on just now.

They set up with 3 centre backs of Webster, Dunk and Burn.

So I wonder will we see a new shape from them next season.

Have wanted an attacker of theirs all season but Potter is a mini Pep and loves to rotate his attackers. Trossard is the one I’d want but no chance I’ll pick any of them. He rotated way too often for my liking.

Would be a surprise as they tried very hard to get Lamptey and eventually got him in January.

He’s come in and done very well. I’ve been keeping a close eye. I’d be very surprised if the new guy will be playing at right back.

Veltman is left-footed I think so he can fill in at left-back.

I think Lamptey has nailed down the RB spot anyway.

EDIT: Seems he's actually right-footed and can play at right-back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Just read an article about Carlos McAllister, an Argentine international who played 8 of last 9 games for Brighton having been on loan at Boca due to work permit issue. He’s highly rated too so maybe Brighton will be the surprise package next season.

If you told me either Trossard or Lallana would start 3 out of every 4 matches they’d be great options at 6.0 but rotation does seem to be a problem with Potter.

MacAllister played about 340 out of a possible 450 minutes since the restart.

I like the look of him but again minutes are the problem.

It’s a real shame because I enjoy watching Brighton play their attacking football and I like owning players from teams I enjoy watching.

They’re also fairly vulnerable defensively so even though I’d like to own a couple of their players I can’t see it happening unless Potter talks about learning from last season’s mistakes. I think his rotation policy is a mistake. Even Mooy wasn’t safe from it and I think he’s their best technical player.

Came in to post a big write up about Kieran Dowell signing for Norwich

Only to realize they then got relegated he would have been a great enabler :(

Just read an article about Carlos McAllister, an Argentine international who played 8 of last 9 games for Brighton having been on loan at Boca due to work permit issue. He’s highly rated too so maybe Brighton will be the surprise package next season.

If you told me either Trossard or Lallana would start 3 out of every 4 matches they’d be great options at 6.0 but rotation does seem to be a problem with Potter.

Like my favourite Chilean winger, his first name is actually Alexis.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Little known fact, but Carlos McAllister is actually Gary McAllister illegitimate son from a fling he had with a pretty hotel waitress 20 years ago during Leeds pre season tour of South America in 1999.

Nathan Ake gone to Manchester City for £40 million.

I don’t see him as the type of player City need but definitely the type of player they would buy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Interesting to see where Ake fits in at City.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Interesting to see where Ake fits in at City.

I think at CB mate :pac:

Advertisement