Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs From an Empty Room.

Options
  • 25-07-2020 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

So who is watching?
    I have to say it has been good so far. Have had lyra, The Blizzards, Gavin James and two other groups play so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Is it live or pre-recorded? Gavin James very strong live to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It is all live.

Ms

Actually I am very surprised and also disapointed that no one had created a thread on it in here before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

AMKC wrote: »
    It is all live.

Live but current act is clearly miming

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Go to the Beebrock thread to talk about this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,152 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Actually I am very surprised and also disapointed that no one had created a thread on it in here before me.

Join the dark side ie. The Beebrock Thread :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Saw on twitter they were looking for money for Hozier, The Coronas, Gavin James etc.

The poor lads I'd say they haven't two pence between them.

Imagine if they couldn't make any more music :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Has Bressie reformed the Blizzards or was that just a one off performance to get his mug on de telly. Thought he was making his money grifting on mental health these days

Ms

Join the dark side ie. The Beebrock Thread :D
    I seen that thread and did think about looking in there but then though no thanks . This deserves s thread of it's own
    s1ippy wrote: »
    Saw on twitter they were looking for money for Hozier, The Coronas, Gavin James etc.

The poor lads I'd say they haven't two pence between them.

Imagine if they couldn't make any more music :pac:
    It's not for them it's for there backstage crew. You know the ones who do all the hard work like sound technicians, electricians etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,916 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Dipping in and out (probably missing all the best bits!) - it's very odd, like all the "concerts" these days, must be incredibly hard for the artists to play to an empty space and silence!

There's been some great ones, anyone else see Neil Hannon and Cathy Davey in Glenveagh?

Gavin James articulated the cause very well I thought, if they don't keep the background crews and skills through this, they'll be screwed whenever gigs get going again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Someone created a thread on it in after hours before you actually

• Registered Users Posts: 28,916 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

murpho999 wrote: »
    Live but current act is clearly miming

Missed the girl in pink's name..... but if she wasn't miming, I'll eat my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Missed the girl in pink's name..... but if she wasn't miming, I'll eat my hat.

Fia moon is in pink, I guess you mean her

Given the huge wealth of excellent new Irish music out there, I'm disappointed with the selection of acts selected for this show. Considering I have been forced to listen to 2fm in the office, I'm not surprised that RTE seem to think these are the only worthwhile acts in Ireland today.

I also would have preferred sets from the acts rather than 1 song and then a load of waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭noserider

Just an observation is there any social distancing going on during the interviews?. All members of Picture This right beside each other while presenters were the 2 m

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Decent version of Linger. Enjoying the show overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭fluke

human 19 wrote: »
    Given the huge wealth of excellent new Irish music out there, I'm disappointed with the selection of acts selected for this show. Considering I have been forced to listen to 2fm in the office, I'm not surprised that RTE seem to think these are the only worthwhile acts in Ireland today.

I also would have preferred sets from the acts rather than 1 song and then a load of waffle.

Genuine question-is there any particular new Irish acts you'd recommend? I just caught Denise Chiala and she was good, but I'm done with Danny Reilly, Gavin James, Picture This and Bressie getting exposure.

It seems like RTE keep digging into the same small bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭HBC08

noserider wrote: »
    Just an observation is there any social distancing going on during the interviews?. All members of Picture This right beside each other while presenters were the 2 m

They've been living together during lockdown.

Imagine being the neighbours having to listen to that sh1te.....then Eoghan McDermott landing over for cans in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The thoughts of actually giving the likes of bressie and picture this a donation ffs

I’d consider giving them money to never actually sing again they are chronic

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You're giving the crews a donation, not the bands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Has Bressie reformed the Blizzards or was that just a one off performance to get his mug on de telly. Thought he was making his money grifting on mental health these days

They reformed with a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

fluke wrote:
    Genuine question-is there any particular new Irish acts you'd recommend? I just caught Denise Chiala and she was good, but I'm done with Danny Reilly, Gavin James, Picture This and Bressie getting exposure.

Kilkenny artist RSAG has a new album called Chroma out last month. It is the best Irish album I've listened to in years. Give it a few listens. It is exceptional

fluke wrote: »

It seems like RTE keep digging into the same small bowl.

Thanks for the question. Jesus, there are f****ng loads! I looked in the boards music section for a section for Irish music but its only split by genre. A new section is needed, methinks. If there is no section I might try to find where I can shoehorn a New Irish Music thread .

Whats your favourite genre or band , and I will suggest something?

Oh Jeez, they hauled Bono in. That's me finished with that progremme

Ms

Hatshepsut wrote: »
    Someone created a thread on it in after hours before you actually

I seen that in the homescreen after I created this alright but they just talk crap and not very nice either.

human 19 wrote: »
    Thanks for the question. Jesus, there are f****ng loads! I looked in the boards music section for a section for Irish music but its only split by genre. A new section is needed, methinks. If there is no section I might try to find where I can shoehorn a New Irish Music thread .

Whats your favourite genre or band , and I will suggest something?

Oh Jeez, they hauled Bono in. That's me finished with that progremme

Where do I start re my music interests. Lately listening to Father John Misty, Phoebe Bridgers, Anna Meredith, Sharon van Etten, Taylor Swift.

Don't mind U2 haha

• Registered Users Posts: 32,216 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Kilkenny artist RSAG has a new album called Chroma out last month. It is the best Irish album I've listened to in years. Give it a few listens. It is exceptional
    The poster did say new Irish talent R.S.A.G has been on the go for over 10 years at least, but defo agree he is hugely talented

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭HBC08

Didn't realise that Denise Chiala was Irish,heard her song a good bit on the radio,it's a class tune.

fluke wrote: »
    Where do I start re my music interests. Lately listening to Father John Misty, Phoebe Bridgers, Anna Meredith, Sharon van Etten, Taylor Swift.

Don't mind U2 haha
    so maybe Indie folk...

Thanks human 19. Will def give these a listen. Hopefully rejuvenate my belief in Irish based music.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Who's the black American girl kinda rapping talking I liked it different style

Advertisement